Favourite 8bit computers

AgentLoFi

CAG Veteran
Just interested to see if there are any gamers here that use good old 8bit computers ie commodore64, zx spectrum, amstrad cpc, atari st ect. My personal fav is the c64, some of the best soundtracks of all time, and still one of my favourite games Manic Miner!

Commodore 64 was definitely my favorite. It was actually my primary gaming system between the Atari 2600 and the NES. I really liked the "build your own"-style games, like EA's Adventure Construction Set, and the Shoot 'Em Up Construction Kit (SEUCK). I also had one that let you design single room sidescrollers and overhead action games... can't remember the name of that one, but it was nice.

I had a couple hundred regular games for the system over the many years that I owned it (until the early 90's), but I spent the most time making my own games.

It was my beloved Commodore 128 that helped me come up with my "computer handle".. I bought my 128 with the help of my Dad, set it up and loaded a game called "The Standing Stones" http://www.gamefaqs.com/c64/571821-the-standing-stones/images/box-10278

The game asked me something like "By what name will thou be known as?" I sat and thought about it. I thought "I'm venturing into a whole new world... venturing in. Venture in. Venturin!"

So it was the Commodore 128 that helped me realize full on nerd status...

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost forgot about this, I picked up an MSX last year just for the original metal gear, man it was sooo much better than the NES port!

I will say that there's something about loading a game from tape that was both painfully long and awesome at the same time, usually those loading screens had some awesome tunes!

bread's done
Back