FC Game Console (NES clone)

Lan_Zer0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just picked this up off ebay, and would like to let you guys know that its an excellent alternative to a more expensive original working nes.

It works 100% with all my games, and the controllers are suprisingly decent. The AV inputs (although only mono sound) are a nice touch for these 8-bit games. Also, the system even uses the original NES controller ports, so it is compatible with the official pads and zapper. My only issue is that the the system and controllers are extremely light and feel cheap and that the blue led for the power switch shows shines through the white sytem case (I got the white/red version).

Highly reccomended for those that just need a way to play nes games.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Have you tried Castlevania 3 or some of the later MMC chipped games?[/QUOTE]

Those are the ones that have trouble on the nex console right? I don't have CVIII to try, what are some of the other games?

The reviewer here mentions that 47 out of 53 of his games worked on the FC. The other 6 didnt work on a regular nes to begin with.

Hrm, I don't have any of those non-working titles. I may pick up Bonk's Adventure sometime, and I'll be sure to post how well it works. So far, everything is pretty smooth.

Also, can anyone suggest some good multiplayer nes games?

IIRC, the Neo Fami, Yubo, NEX, and possibly the FC console all use the same internal NOAC hardware, so Messiah's list could apply to all of them.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Have you tried Castlevania 3 or some of the later MMC chipped games?[/QUOTE]

I had one of the older Neo Fami FC clone systems (before they added the use of real controllers) and Castlevania 3 didn't work right on it. There were a few other games I had that wouldn't work on it, but Castlevania 3 was the most noteable.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']What is it about these games that make them incompatible?[/QUOTE]

I would guess it is incomplete/incorrect emulation in the NES-on-a-chip that most clones seem to use.

I have this exact famiclone unit. Its even the red and white one like the op has.

A few weeks ago I sold a buttload of nes carts on ebay and I tested them all before I shipped them out. Out of the ones I sold, 3 were on Messiah's list of games that wont boot up.

Castlevania III
Commando
Gauntlet II

Out of those 3 the only one that didnt work for me was CVIII. Commando and Gauntlet II booted up fine and I even played them for 10 minutes or so to make sure they really worked. I know my copy of CVIII does work, cos It booted up fine on an original nes, and a toploader nes.

So make of that what you will. Maybe the Messiah testers had bad copies of those carts.

bread's done
Back