FC Twin or Retro Duo -- which one is better?

daminion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
My son is a big fan of older consoles -- he had a NES that was given to him that started it all, but unfortunately the system stopped working, even after I replaced the cartridge reader.

I was looking on Ebay to buy him a SNES, and started seeing listings for these clones that can play games from both systems. So now i'm leaning in that direction.

Retro Duo
FC Twin

Price is relatively the same when I check Amazon -- and I'll probably pickup a game bundle for him on ebay or at a local store.

Anyone have any thoughts on which system is better?

Retro Duo is the better of those choices. i have a game shop that has sold both and the retros have always sold better and have better compatibility. Also remember that the clone systems are not 100% perfect and some games will not work on either clone system.

Here is a list of games that do not work:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retro_Duo

I looked through it and remember seeing that the list is accurate.

I have a RetroN 3, great system, but be sure to have sure you have actual retail NES, SNES, and Gen controllers to use on it, the wireless ones that come with it suck.

The originals are best. Full comparability and if you're willing to spend a little extra and do the research you can have them look great on an HDTV.

bread's done
Back