FC Twin - Plays NES + SNES Games - $39.95 + shipping @ eStarland (ends 12/31)

You have to exercise caution with these pirate Famicom systems. They aren't compatible with every game out there. I tried a new pirate NES a while back and it just wouldn't play everything in my collection so I ended up getting a real top loader. It didn't even cost over about $20 more than the knockoff.

kspiff

I wonder if this thing outputs stereo sound for the nes. There is a mod shown below that you can do yourself on the original. If this knock off supported it then that might add some appeal. As for the SNES support if f you want to play SNES games you owe it to yourself to buy a real one with s-video support!

nesstereo.jpg

That reminds me of the RCA AV-out mod you have to do to the original NES top loader to use it with a non-RF TV. I didn't even realize the top loader had no RCA plugs until I bought it. Oh, well, I can't say it wasn't a fun little mod to do, and I'm sure it brings up the value of the system.

kspiff

I would be all over this if I had access to a large library of snes/nes carts, or knew somewhere to get a ton of carts cheap.

I didn't even know there were any retail SNES clones. I already have an SNES though anyway and I wouldn't want one without S-Video support (which the mini SNESs don't have either).

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I didn't even know there were any retail SNES clones. I already have an SNES though anyway and I wouldn't want one without S-Video support (which the mini SNESs don't have either).[/quote]

it is probably too early for there to be legal snes clones? i thought the reason the nes clones are being sold all over now was because nintendo's copyright or something has expired?

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I didn't even know there were any retail SNES clones. I already have an SNES though anyway and I wouldn't want one without S-Video support (which the mini SNESs don't have either).[/quote]

Doesn't the Mini SNES' take the same cables as the normal size one? If so, then wouldn't a Gamecube S-Video cable work for either SNES'?

[quote name='Knoxximus']Doesn't the Mini SNES' take the same cables as the normal size one? If so, then wouldn't a Gamecube S-Video cable work for either SNES'?[/QUOTE]

It takes the same cable, but doesn't work with the S-Video one. The PS1 has the same problem with PS2 component cables.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']It takes the same cable, but doesn't work with the S-Video one. The PS1 has the same problem with PS2 component cables.[/quote]

:hot:

Whew, dodged that bullet....good thing I held on to my original.:applause:

[quote name='Rictor']Do these play Famicom or Super Famicom games without an adaptor?[/quote]

I think you would still need an adapter, but I'm not completely sure.

Hi, I sell these FC Twin systems where I work and they are pretty decent little machines. They have a standard A/V output on the back of the system and will only play american Nintendo and Super Nintendo games. Im sure if you had a converter you would be in good shape with the Famicom games. As for the Super Famicom games you could use a converter or just drill two small holes in the bottom of the cartridge where each screw is.

We had a couple of problems with our first shipment of systems not playing SNES games but the last three shipments have been perfect. I think we have sold somewhere around 80 or so. I recommend them only for the budget gamer. If your like me you require the S-video of the first model SNES. (I know...im spoiled)

If you have anymore questions let me know. :)

[quote name='bg2001']it is probably too early for there to be legal snes clones? i thought the reason the nes clones are being sold all over now was because nintendo's copyright or something has expired?[/QUOTE]

Copyrights last, what, 95 years now, thanks to the music industry? You may be thinking of patents, though, which do apply here, and expire after 17 years or so.

I bit on one. I don't own either of my originals, and I might not get another chance to pick up something this odd/cool later at such a good price as well. I'll just buy a few games here and there as I go.

[quote name='Gara']I wonder if this thing outputs stereo sound for the nes. There is a mod shown below that you can do yourself on the original. If this knock off supported it then that might add some appeal. As for the SNES support if f you want to play SNES games you owe it to yourself to buy a real one with s-video support!

nesstereo.jpg
[/quote]
Thats awsome imagin surround sound duck hunt

[quote name='Raphael']Thats awsome imagin surround sound duck hunt[/QUOTE]

It would be awesome except that the NES can't output stereo, let alone surround sound. You can split the audio into however many channels as you want but none of them will be discrete. I have an audio splitter hooked up to my NES with a simulated surround mode activated on my receiver so that the audio spreads out across my 5.1 speaker setup, but I hear the exact same thing through every speaker.

bread's done
Back