Fear 2: Projrect origin $8.49 @ Blockbuster

cheko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Its seems that game crazy is going out of business but what i didn't know was there are alot of blockbusters going out of business too. The Blockbuster By me @ Coral Ridge, Florida, is going out of business and i was able to get FEAR 2 for $8.49 after 20% off already reduced price of $9.99 pre-played. I don't know if this is a ymmv but its worth checking out. I'm pretty sure the $9.99 price is universal though as for the 20% off on top of that maybe ymmv cause it is closing. There were many games that i can not list because i was in and out but i noticed Resident Evil 5 for $24.99 pre-played.
Many Ps3, wii & 360...so check it out

EXTREMELY YMMV. At one shuttering BBV, I saw two copies of X-Men Origins: Wolverine for the 360. One priced $14.99, the other $39.99, so mileage varies inside the same store!

the price on Fear 2 previously played is 19.99 for ALL blockbusters. The reason yours was cheaper is becuase it was a pog game (no manual or cover art) and the store was closing, thus the 20% off.

Unfortunately, the actual price will have absolutely nothing to do with the sticker price. At one store near me, all the DVDs are "40% off", but they're also all $8.99, even the ones marked $9.99. They consider $14.99 to be the "original price" on all movies.

What's so pathetic about these "liquidation sales" is that people are flocking in to pay way MORE than they could've before the "sale" started. DVDs that were 3/$20 or 4/$20 are being snapped up at $8.99 ea. Movies in plain CD cases w/o art or anything for $6.99 are drawing a crowd.

the price on Fear 2 previously played is 19.99 for ALL blockbusters. The reason yours was cheaper is becuase it was a pog game (no manual or cover art) and the store was closing, thus the 20% off.

thats not true. fear 2 was repriced to $9.99 this past monday at ALL corporate stores with all the other price changes that happen and there were a lot. nothing all that great except fear 2.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']thats not true. fear 2 was repriced to $9.99 this past monday at ALL corporate stores with all the other price changes that happen and there were a lot. nothing all that great except fear 2.[/QUOTE]

i had just checked the price on one we had that i had been eyeing and it came up 19.99, so i put it back(this was last Friday). If the price did indeed drop another 10$ then it will be mine!

Thanks folks. Found FEAR 2 with case and manual in excellent condition at the Somerset, MA store. They also had Afro Samurai for $9.99.

Manager also mentioned that the Blockbuster in New Bedford, MA just converted to an outlet store two weeks ago till the end of the year and is receiving shipments from other locations.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']So very YMMV?
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
I believe this would be YMMV, My local stores suck so this is not even worth considering.

bread's done
Back