Fear 2?

I was, but got it cheap on Warner Bros. for the 360. Unfortunately Killzone 2 will probably get here before this game does... :roll:

I'll get it in a while after I've chewed through some more games. Not in a rush, though I enjoyed the demo and the first game very much.

[quote name='52club']Holding off on this one until I can get it for under $20.[/quote]

Demo played great but I just can't stand paying $50 for this or anything.

I haven't even played with the first one +exps... so I will wait till after that. By that time there should be a good deal or two.

graphics were amazing...

I'm looking for this to go on sale too, but not necessary to $20 though.

In the mean time, I'm trying to find the FEAR Platinum collection, which seems to be impossible at all the major retailers.

Wow steam is really slow today, I'm still downloading. it keeps pausing on "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

[quote name='Over easy']I'm looking for this to go on sale too, but not necessary to $20 though.

In the mean time, I'm trying to find the FEAR Platinum collection, which seems to be impossible at all the major retailers.[/quote]

i got the fear plat collection at best buy for 14.99 back in november maybe check there

Nailing guys to the wall with a 12" stake was pretty great. The lightning gun was sweet too.
[quote name='ChernobylCow']Fear 1 was awful. Ultra stale. Best part about it was the particle effects. But you can only shred up an office complex so many times.[/quote]

I got very immersed in the original FEAR. It actually didn't occur to me as weird that it was all office buildings until after I completed the game and started reading feedback. So the office building is the setting... big whoop, it's what they chose.

It would have been much better if it was an industrial warehouse or a sewer... :roll:

I really don't understand people. You stick to convention and they bitch; you do something new and they bitch.

[quote name='Sokkratez']I got very immersed in the original FEAR. It actually didn't occur to me as weird that it was all office buildings until after I completed the game and started reading feedback. So the office building is the setting... big whoop, it's what they chose.[/quote]

[quote name='redshadow']I finished F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin in just over 6 hours. Not worth $50 IMO.[/QUOTE]
Damn that's short. How does the action compare to the first game?

I'll be waiting a year or more I guess for this one. I just picked up Fear and every expansion for like $30 last year.

I agree with the office complex part, it was getting really annoying but somehow i still throughly enjoyed all the gun fights.

If this is really just six hours I guess I'll have no problem waiting on it. I'm sure expansions are already in the works.

I played through it on Normal. (No real reason to play expert on a PC because there are no achievements, despite the fact that it uses steamworks for DRM.)

I can't see this game taking longer than a game like CoD4 (Which I beat on veteran the first time through).

I don't think I rushed through. I found myself backtracking, and checking alternate paths 2 or 3 times over just to see if I missed any reflex boosters, or intel items.

Bought it today, will play it tonight. Gonna try to get through it quick and trade it back in - I don't plan on playing multiplayer.

I'm waiting too see what the multiplayer aspect will turn out once they release an Anti-Cheat system and Dedicated server files. Horror games to me don't have alot of replay value once you have seen all the scares after playing a few times, but if it doesn't hit off I'll be getting it for the 360.

I have already played it on the 360 though. It is a solid game and is worth buying. I would wait for a discount on it though around a $10-$20 drop. There are a few predictable scares in but it has its momments. Most the the parts with Alma didn't really phase me. Places in the game with "ghosts" were the most terrifying, in my opinion, and there are really creepy parts in this game aswell
the epicenter, had me really spooked
I played it on its hardest difficulty and took my time to "absorb" the game and even read the intel peices you can collect and looked for the reflex boosters as I played for the first time. I also only played it at night with headphones on in darkness and it took me 4 days to complete it (don't know how many hours it was). Im going to play through it again and try to get all the achievements second time around.

Also what is "scary" is really to the eye of the beholder, as fan of the horror genre, This game scares me enough. So i'm sure others will be too.

I'm considering getting FEAR 2 at some point. Just have to track down a complete set of the first game and the expansions and play through them first. The FEAR series was a set of games that I just never got around to playing for some reason...

i'll get it eventually. i was super excited for it and planned on buying it first day and then i downloaded the demo and i still haven't played it yet. the first game scared the crap out of me (im a huge chicken and HATE jumpy scares), so i can't even bear to start up the demo cause i've seen some of the scares in the gameplay videos and i don't think i could handle any more of it. go ahead, you can laugh at me.

Going to wait when this is >20... for something that's 6 hours no repeat.. not worth it.

Demo was great, and the graphics are nice, so... hope for a sale later.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']i'll get it eventually. i was super excited for it and planned on buying it first day and then i downloaded the demo and i still haven't played it yet. the first game scared the crap out of me (im a huge chicken and HATE jumpy scares), so i can't even bear to start up the demo cause i've seen some of the scares in the gameplay videos and i don't think i could handle any more of it. go ahead, you can laugh at me.[/QUOTE]

hehehe
:lol:
The first F.E.A.R. barely scared me at all, except for that one time that Alma appears on top of the ladder that you are descending from. Everything else was just freaky (in a cool way not a scary way) or just seemed cheap to me.
F.E.A.R. 2 however has genuinely scared me a couple of times, but really it only started to during the end of Interval 2, Interval 1 didn't really seem that scary to me. Overall though it's much better than the first.

I never played the demo but I assume it consisted of all or part of Interval 1

The environments were way too recycled in the first one, and the difficulty seemed stupid----why should it take a clip emptied into someone's head to take them down? I don't care what kind of super soldier you are, that's a crappy game mechanic--full clip don't work, but a slide tackle kills instantly. Still, it looked ok in the demo, it'll be a $10 ebay special for me in 6-10 months when it drops on there.

I say stick to the first FEAR (on PC preferrably). Yes it does get repetitive but the gameplay is much better in my opinion. There's a saying that a shooter's only as good as its guns - and FEAR's guns sound and feel a lot more intimidating than its sequel's, and that contributes a lot to the fun factor. Plus the scares were better also.

[quote name='Slash914']I say stick to the first FEAR (on PC preferrably). Yes it does get repetitive but the gameplay is much better in my opinion. There's a saying that a shooter's only as good as its guns - and FEAR's guns sound and feel a lot more intimidating than its sequel's, and that contributes a lot to the fun factor. Plus the scares were better also.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think I'm going to listen to your recommendation. The combat from videos of FEAR 2 just doesn't seem as exciting as in the original. I still have to play through the expansions for FEAR 1 anyways.

bread's done
Back