Feedback Problem

King

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I recently left a seller neutral feedback after purchasing a game from her. Basically a week after the auction ended she sent me a message saying that she had just shipped it out, then it took an additional 3 weeks for it to arrive instead of the usual one. I logged on today and noticed that she given me neutral feedback, writing that I was an "ok buyer with ok communication." I paid her the money right when I won the auction so I don't see her problem, she's probably just trying to get back at me. Is there anything I can do to get my deserved positive feedback?

Nope, and sadly, this is the problem with eBay.

Ebay should start listing when you paid if you payed with PayPal and then sellers couldn't lie like that. Of course, they can make whatever else claim.

Reply to the feedback she left for you so that others can see your side of the story when they look at your feedback.

[quote name='Vinny']Nope, and sadly, this is the problem with eBay.

Ebay should start listing when you paid if you payed with PayPal and then sellers couldn't lie like that. Of course, they can make whatever else claim.[/quote]

It does list on the actual auction page when an item is paid for via Paypal (I don't remember if it shows the exact time, but I know it shows the day).

[quote name='scott2hotcott']It does list on the actual auction page when an item is paid for via Paypal (I don't remember if it shows the exact time, but I know it shows the day).[/QUOTE]

I think only the buyer/seller can see that though? And a listing is only up for 90 days or so after it ends.

I was just looking at a seller today with massive feedback that leaves the same comment for anyone that leaves a negative. They follow up with their own neg and the comment 'Buyer had unreasonable expectations' The exact same comment for every neg they've ever left. That's obviously FB retaliation - and automated to boot - but as already mentioned eBay discourages this practice but officially does nothing about it.

The game many major sellers run is this:

1.Buyer leaves neutral or negative feedback.
2.Respond with like feedback (or the real bastards respond to a neutral with a neg)
3.Request the buyer mutually agree to remove feedback.

Some buyers certainly will agree and that's one less black mark for the seller.

Here's my tip to combat this

1. Use a seperate account for buying.
2. Don't worry about a random neg here and there from a retaliating seller on that buying only account.

As mguiddy suggested I'd probably leave a reply on HER account with something like "Buyer bewere, seller leaves retaliatory FB!" and I'd maybe put one on your account with "Paid immediately. This is retaliatory feedback from poor seller." From there don't bother getting into a pissing match if she replies to your reply. You end up both looking like dopes.

what i would do is either request for it to be mutually withdrawn or reply to her FB to clear up things. Neutral isn't really bad on your part specifically as a buyer.

I bought Planet Earth HD DVD on eBay. I emailed seller because the disc popped out and scratched and wanted an exchange. No response so I was nice enough to leave a neutral. I check today, seller leaves me a negative saying I lied and that he takes care of his customers. If he takes care of his customers why leave a negative when I leave you a neutral? I paid on time. There was no need to give me a negative. If anything, a neutral would of been more appropriate.

Gosh I had f'ing people who abuse systems. If you deserve a negative thats fine...but to retaliate with a negative, thats just low. He's done that twice to people.

Now I had to file a mutual feedback withdrawl.

[quote name='wubb']1. Use a seperate account for buying.[/quote]

This is good advice.

I have separate accounts now for buying and selling after dealing with some poor sellers. As a seller, good feedback is much more valuable than as a buyer.

[quote name='iazybandit']Isnt it against eBay policies to have multiple accounts?[/QUOTE]

When I set up my buying account it was fine under eBay rules. This has been more than a year ago so I can't say for 100% that it is still okay but I believe it is.

The obvious caveats are you can't bid on auctions between your accounts and you can't open a new account to do an end around a NARU.

I can't find a page on eBay's help that gives the specifics but one can infer from this page that multiple accounts must still be fine:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/merge-accounts.html

[quote name='wubb']When I set up my buying account it was fine under eBay rules. This has been more than a year ago so I can't say for 100% that it is still okay but I believe it is.

The obvious caveats are you can't bid on auctions between your accounts and you can't open a new account to do an end around a NARU.

I can't find a page on eBay's help that gives the specifics but one can infer from this page that multiple accounts must still be fine:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/merge-accounts.html[/QUOTE]
You are right. So as long you use a different email address and credit card (for those using free emails), you can have multiple ebay accounts.

As for that merging multiple accounts, I had ebay help me with that as I had a very old ebay account that I no longer had access to the email address as I had cancelled the service and didnt change the email address when I changed service. eBay got some info from me and gracefully merged the two accounts.

[quote name='wubb']I think only the buyer/seller can see that though? And a listing is only up for 90 days or so after it ends.

I was just looking at a seller today with massive feedback that leaves the same comment for anyone that leaves a negative. They follow up with their own neg and the comment 'Buyer had unreasonable expectations' The exact same comment for every neg they've ever left. That's obviously FB retaliation - and automated to boot - but as already mentioned eBay discourages this practice but officially does nothing about it.

The game many major sellers run is this:

1.Buyer leaves neutral or negative feedback.
2.Respond with like feedback (or the real bastards respond to a neutral with a neg)
3.Request the buyer mutually agree to remove feedback.

Some buyers certainly will agree and that's one less black mark for the seller.

Here's my tip to combat this

1. Use a seperate account for buying.
2. Don't worry about a random neg here and there from a retaliating seller on that buying only account.

As mguiddy suggested I'd probably leave a reply on HER account with something like "Buyer bewere, seller leaves retaliatory FB!" and I'd maybe put one on your account with "Paid immediately. This is retaliatory feedback from poor seller." From there don't bother getting into a pissing match if she replies to your reply. You end up both looking like dopes.[/quote]
thank you for this, this could end my misery as a buyer and seller. i have recently experience this from a power seller. his argument basically was: who cares about ebay, they will do nothing about this since im a power seller and you have less than 100 fb. he retaliated over my neutral and left a negative. i did however, undercover some truths about the seller so instead of him continuing to insult me for no reason he replied with "im not going to talk to you anymore".

bread's done
Back