Feedback problems

QuasidodoJr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Doesn't it seem like anytime someone gives you horrible sales service on eBay, they just say they'll give you negative feedback if you give them negative feedback? It seems to almost make the feedback system pointless. On a current sale, the guy waited over 10 days to mail an item to me, from when I paid for it, after charging me for 2-3 day shipping, and then 10 days later it still hasn't shown up, so I told him I felt he deserved negative feedback and he said if I left him negative feedback he'd just do the same to me. And then I noticed he has a 100% feedback rating. I guess he makes this same threat to everyone.

Ebay like everything else, isnt perfect.

Only thing you can do is make two accounts, one for buying and one for selling (if you sell that is).
that way if you decide to sell you wont have to worry about these situations and leave all the negs you want.
having 100% feedback just for buying is pointless. as long as you dont have -1 or less FB, sellers wont care.

as for your situation , if it were me and the package does come as described even tho its f-ing late as hell i would just deal with it and dont leave a FB at all.

You could try and contact eBay with it... eBay wants people to work things out but he basically screwed you over and then told you to screw off.

But yeah, that's eBay. That's also why you gotta read feedback... even the positive feedbacks sometimes contain hidden messages. And the new 'stars' thing is actually a good idea.

[quote name='soonersfan60']eBay should just make feedback blind until both parties leave it. That would eliminate most retaliation.[/quote]
That is a brilliant idea. You should submit that idea to eBay. Doubt they'd change it.

Personally, 99% of the time when I sell something I leave feedback the day I ship. I've been lucky not to get screwed over because of that (almost did once but for some reason I didn't leave feedback the way I usually do; The buyer took around 15 (business) days to pay me, so I took the same amount of time to ship (Hi, my name is Mr Pot, nice to meet you Mr Kettle)).

I understand why a seller wouldn't want to leave feedback right after they get paid, but I still don't like it. I think a seller should leave feedback based on speediness of payment and a buyer should leave feedback based on speediness of delivery and the item and it's description, then, if needed, how the seller resolved any problems with the item.
It's a bit childish to be all "Yeah I know it took me 3 weeks to ship and I didn't ship how I said I would but I'll leave negative feedback for you, even though you paid within a day, if you leave negative for me!!!":roll:

[quote name='QuasidodoJr']Doesn't it seem like anytime someone gives you horrible sales service on eBay, they just say they'll give you negative feedback if you give them negative feedback? It seems to almost make the feedback system pointless. On a current sale, the guy waited over 10 days to mail an item to me, from when I paid for it, after charging me for 2-3 day shipping, and then 10 days later it still hasn't shown up, so I told him I felt he deserved negative feedback and he said if I left him negative feedback he'd just do the same to me. And then I noticed he has a 100% feedback rating. I guess he makes this same threat to everyone.[/quote]
go ahead and leave that guy a negative feedback. if he leaves you one than it wont last. ebay will remove his feedback for you. thats if you truly didn't recieve you item. contact ebay first.

[quote name='supraazn']Ebay like everything else, isnt perfect.

Only thing you can do is make two accounts, one for buying and one for selling (if you sell that is).
that way if you decide to sell you wont have to worry about these situations and leave all the negs you want.
having 100% feedback just for buying is pointless. as long as you dont have -1 or less FB, sellers wont care.

[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I do. Leave whatever FB you feel is deserved as a buyer and if they leave a retaliatory neg just put a comment noting that on your feedback and move on.

Now if you bought this thing on your main (or only) account that you do sell from, I'd suck it up and not leave FB assuming you do end up getting the package. Not worth a ding on your record.

you can try to report his behavior to ebay and have them check his messages to see what hes been saying and tell them that youre affraid that if you leave a negative feedback he'll do the same to you just because..

[quote name='mguiddy']That is a brilliant idea. You should submit that idea to eBay. Doubt they'd change it.[/quote]
It seems brilliant, but I doubt they would use it. Or better yet, is it worth it? You can usually tell the behavior of the other party. For example, If communications are falling apart or shipment is late, you're more likely to leave a negative feedback, right?

[quote name='Lyzel']It seems brilliant, but I doubt they would use it. Or better yet, is it worth it? You can usually tell the behavior of the other party. For example, If communications are falling apart or shipment is late, you're more likely to leave a negative feedback, right?[/quote]

Yeah, but it would prevent any retaliatory feedbacks and hopefully do away with people who won't leave feedback until the other party leaves feedback.

[quote name='Lyzel']It seems brilliant, but I doubt they would use it. Or better yet, is it worth it? You can usually tell the behavior of the other party. For example, If communications are falling apart or shipment is late, you're more likely to leave a negative feedback, right?[/quote]

But some of those things deserve a neg, but don't get one now. I would like to know about those things, but now they are often glossed over for fear of retaliation.

bread's done
Back