Fellow CAGs, LEND ME YOUR EARS!

Mastastic

CAGiversary!
Surrsly, need to borrow them for a second. Translation: I'm looking for information the best headsets for both in game sound and Xbox Live chat. My cat chewed up my last pair of the cheap M$ headphone and I've been reading reviews all night. It seems to be between Tritton and Turtle Beach as far as quality goes. Any users of the aforementioned brands? Or have I missed a great headset brand entirely?

Also, I'm looking to spend anywhere between $60-150 on whatever I end up purchasing. Thanks in advance--your feedback is highly valuable!

I've got a set of Turtle Beach X4s. The sound quality is really great. It gets a bit of a hissing sound when you connect the headset to it, but I personally find that I don't mind. Others might other. I would highly recommend them though.

I believe you missed a great headset brand all together. Check out the Astro A30s. I believe they are your best bet. Not only will they work w/ the 360, but also ps3 and pc.

Edit: Nevermind. The headset itself costs $150, but in order for it to work on 360 / ps3 you need to purchase the MixAmp add-on which is an additional $130. If you can fork out the additional $$$ I would still recommend these as they are the best I've read about.

I use the Turtle Beach X31's. I absolutely love them, have no issues with them either but I'm not that big into multiplayer games or anything so I imagine I'd be easier to please really.

I have the turtle beaches X3, great headphones. I'm actually waiting on the Astros to go on sale.

[quote name='TrenoV']I use the Turtle Beach X31's. I absolutely love them, have no issues with them either but I'm not that big into multiplayer games or anything so I imagine I'd be easier to please really.[/QUOTE]

I own the same and like them just fine. I also had the X41s and did not think they were worth the money over the X31s (~100 dollar difference at MSRP).

Very slight hiss if you have the chat volume turned up but it's nothing that I'd consider a dealbreaker. Unless the game you're playing is during a very quiet part you won't even notice, and even then you pretty much tune it out.

I can vouch for the Turtle Beach X3s (now X31). Only had a few problems.

1. Snug, but can be uncomfortable after a good while (might be my head or ear shape)
2. If you don't adjust the value properly you can get a bit of white noise/hiss when it should be silent
3. The can be easily broken through carelessness. (I threw mine in a bag and snapped the swivel on the right ear)

bread's done
Back