FEMA assistance for a disaster

chimpian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
hello all,

I live in nj with my wife and kids and we just had a record breaking flood dump feet of sewage into our basement....Lost lots and lots of our stuff and we are just getting the sewage/ water out today. My question is: Anyone on here have any tips on getting some asistance financially? We lost our hot water heater, boiler, kids play room, my work room/tools/video game case storage area, alot, a whole lot. Any ideas on who to contact would be appreciated. Anyone who has went thru this /is going thru this I feel for you.... thanks and be safe out there everyone :)

ps i know my punctuation and spelling is bad, im on my cell. cable/internet/phone are out too.

I would go through your home insurance as well.. My friends had problems getting anything from FEMA during the Rhode Island floods a couple years ago. All they would do is replace the telephone wire.

Well assuming you have insurance for your home that would be the logical place to start.

If nothing else call the red cross, maybe someone there can point you in the right direction.

bread's done
Back