FF: 4 Heroes of Light - $15 - Walmart YMMV

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!
Was in Walmart the other day & saw FF 4 Heroes of Light for $15. I'll probably pick it up this week when I get paid. Worth a shot to check your local Walmart as this is the lowest price I've seen it new.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']How is this game? I was considering it, but still have to get Final Fantasy 3 out of my backlog.[/QUOTE]

It is supposed to be really bad. FF3 is pretty good though.

[quote name='bg2001']It is supposed to be really bad. FF3 is pretty good though.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it yet but everything I've heard about it has been mediocre to good. This is the first time I've heard it called really bad.

[quote name='brb214']I haven't played it yet but everything I've heard about it has been mediocre to good. This is the first time I've heard it called really bad.[/QUOTE]

I found it to be enjoyable. If you try to compare it to other handheld Final Fantasy titles, it may be a little underwhelming, but I think it holds its own fairly well by itself. I'd definitely say it's worth the $15.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']How is this game? I was considering it, but still have to get Final Fantasy 3 out of my backlog.[/QUOTE]

Depends what you're looking for in an RPG. Its fundamentals harken back to old-school RPGs, and is pretty much the antithesis of the recent mainline entries like 12 and 13. It's simplistic, lighthearted fun that doesn't get full of itself with story or characters. I enjoyed it a lot, but I get that it's not for everybody.

bread's done
Back