ff xiii-2 Steelbook case

Thanks op in for 1. I need a case because my special edition case does not fit with my others game becuase it is huge! Plus I'm a sucker for steelcases. I also have a european account for dodonpachi.

More importantly, some of the PS3 games priced at 4.95 come with a free blu-ray remote! I've been looking for one of those cheap, and that's pretty darn cheap. is this site legit?

It says we can use the case for PS3 or 360...but I assume it is the size of a 360 case which is a deal breaker for me...dang and I really want this too.

EDIT: Called a friend, he'll give $5 for the novella and I already have that from BB, so $5 for the steelbook and lithos work for me. Hopefully it won't look too bad next to a PS3 case.

[quote name='Bioterror']Ordered one thanks op. what to do with those codes?[/QUOTE]

TRY and sell em or...keep em to look at? $10 for everything sans code is still a great price for a set items that for the most part were not available stateside.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']TRY and sell em or...keep em to look at? $10 for everything sans code is still a great price for a set items that for the most part were not available stateside.[/QUOTE]

Could probably trade too if someone has US codes and is looking for PAL codes.

I just ordered one of the 8-game GCN grab bags from them, and shipping was relatively quick. I believe I ordered on a Thursday, it was shipped Monday and received on a Wednesday (via USPS Priority)

Just be sure not to click "Pay Now" on PayPal twice like my dumb ass did :(

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Guess I'm in. Is the website decent? I kinda want to do one of those grab bags for the hell of it.[/QUOTE]

The site is legitimate although if it's the same as it used to be don't expect a speedy reply to your emails.

[quote name='sabanoo']The site is legitimate although if it's the same as it used to be don't expect a speedy reply to your emails.[/QUOTE]

Alrighty, thank you.

Now I just need to find out what this bill me later thing is and how upset I should be for simply hitting verify when the correct price popped up. :whistle2:# But hey, it's a pretty case.

I feel silly for importing the crystal edition now from GAME. Lesson learned! This is a good deal to get the steelbook for those who care. The novella is a very very short read and the DLC can only be used with PAL copies of the game. The lithos are nice though. Absolutely worth $10 IMHO.

I ordered one... don't mind the XBox 360 one since it will match my other steelbooks even though they are all PS3.

dammit, didn't see this until now. Sold out. Amazon's is not from Amazon and is $15 plus $4 shipping. Guess I'll just wait for another $10 deal hopefully.

EDIT: Looks like there is a "fulfilled by Amazon" option but that's $20 and eligible for FSSS. Still going to wait.

[quote name='jr1016']Just got my copy in today. G1 size and brand new still shrinkwrap.[/QUOTE]

^ Nice. I have yet to receive mine. How was yours shipped (UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.) and who was it shipped from?

I just want to keep an eye out as I get alerts when items are a day from being delivered but I don't know what to look for

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Nice. I have yet to receive mine. How was yours shipped (UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.) and who was it shipped from?

I just want to keep an eye out as I get alerts when items are a day from being delivered but I don't know what to look for[/QUOTE]

Mine was shipped via USPS first class from www.gamedealdaily.com. Came from Michigan.

Just received mine. Pretty quick shipping and it came in great shape. Definitely will look into more sales on this website now. But not sure if I'll bother opening it though and just keeping my game in the CE. The novella is inside this thing, right?

[quote name='refusedchaos']Well instead of getting my mine, I got a refund lol -_-[/QUOTE]

Boo.

Though better than not getting it and not getting a refund?

I am very annoyed. I ordered this the day the thread was listed. They oversold them, ok it happens sometimes. But they waited a WEEK before refunding me, that is unacceptable IMO.

[quote name='apterous']Boo.

Though better than not getting it and not getting a refund?[/QUOTE]

True but still >.<

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am very annoyed. I ordered this the day the thread was listed. They oversold them, ok it happens sometimes. But they waited a WEEK before refunding me, that is unacceptable IMO.[/QUOTE]

Exactly

Ebay is flooded with these. You can get the G1 or G2 from the UK or the G1 with 3 disc slots from Canada for about $20 or so. That's a fine alternative for those that missed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zaku77']Ebay is flooded with these. You can get the G1 or G2 from the UK or the G1 with 3 disc slots from Canada for about $20 or so. That's a fine alternative for those that missed out.[/QUOTE]

So paying $20 ($10 more) to import something from overseas is a fine alternative?

That being said my order was cancelled too without any sort of notification until I got the refund today

For a steelbook it is actually a fine alternative. Most steelbooks (specifically ones from Canada/Europe) end up selling on ebay for $20-50+. Paying the low end of that spectrum isn't bad at all. Sure, this was a great price, but at least the alternative isn't nearly as high is it could be.

[quote name='Zaku77']For a steelbook it is actually a fine alternative. Most steelbooks (specifically ones from Canada/Europe) end up selling on ebay for $20-50+. Paying the low end of that spectrum isn't bad at all. Sure, this was a great price, but at least the alternative isn't nearly as high is it could be.[/QUOTE]

Yes but I can't consider it a good alternative because not only would I be paying double I'd be importing it on eBay which is an awful idea because if it arrives damaged in order to win a SNAD claim you MUST return it with tracking and the seller is under no obligation to pay the return shipping...

do you know how much shipping costs with tracking outside the country? You're looking at a minimum of $30

[quote name='GBAstar']Yes but I can't consider it a good alternative because not only would I be paying double I'd be importing it on eBay which is an awful idea because if it arrives damaged in order to win a SNAD claim you MUST return it with tracking and the seller is under no obligation to pay the return shipping...

do you know how much shipping costs with tracking outside the country? You're looking at a minimum of $30[/QUOTE]

I have at least 15 (if not more... actually, certainly more) steelbooks that are imported as well as COUNTLESS collector's editions from UK/Australia/Germany. I am such a fuss pot that the tiniest imperfection or crease on a box and I no longer want the item. My entire import collection is from ebay, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ebay allows you to be a proactive customer. You can ask extremely nit picky questions about the condition of the item. If you don't like the answer, don't buy from them. You can also dictate how you want it shipped BEFORE you buy it. If they won't comply, don't buy from them. There is no other site that you can do that. You hope they send you one that doesn't have any imperfections, and you hope they pack it well; it really just sucks. Ebay is far and away the best place to import from due to these reasons.

Out of years of importing on ebay I've needed to open a case over an issue probably 3 times. Those times were hassles, but that's not indicative of the whole picture. Usually, if you do run across a problem, sellers will go ahead and help you fix it.

I completely get that paying twice as much (even though it's still a low amount for an import steelbook) isn't exactly 'ideal'. It is, however, patently incorrect to say that ebay is bad for importing. My mammoth amount of perfect condition imports strongly disagree with you! lol

bread's done
Back