FF6 or FF3 for DS?

GrimNecroWizard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Any recommendations on which one I should get? I've never really played much of a FF before and though now would be a good time to start. Should I get the one for the DS or 6?

I'd get FF3. It's a new game that's only available on DS while 6 is easy to find cheap on PS in the Final Fantasy Anthology (with FF5 included as well).

Same here, never really played any of the FF games. From what I've read FF6 is considered by many people to be the best game in the series. And I've read quite a few complaints about how FF3 hasn't aged that well. So I'm leaning towards 6.

I played both, and yes, VI was awesome (I played it on the SNES).

However I also played III and loved it. I just finished it on the DS and could not put it down. I recommend playing both and starting with III.

If you just play one, then go with VI.

VI is arguably the best RPG of all time. FF III is a pretty mediocre exercise in grinding. VI, no question.

[quote name='dallow']vi vi vi
Best FF of all time. 2nd best RPG of all time.
In my rankings of course.[/QUOTE]

Haha... that's exactly what I was going to say.:lol:

I'd definitely go for VI if you've never played it or haven't played it in a while.

Definitely VI. III was one of the heavily gameplay-focused FFs (they alternated pretty well during the NES/SNES era) with the introduction of the job system, while FFVI is one of the more epic RPGs of all time.

III was so overrated. I would personally say it's the worst of all NES-based FFs, and the only real improvements in the DS version are graphical. Definitely go with VI.

I bought FFIII the day it came out and couldn't put it down until I was done, I really enjoyed it. But, if you've never played FFVI, then there's no contest. Don't be drawn in by the 3D graphics on the DS, the 16-bit old-school still has just as much charm!

That, and it wouldn't matter how good or bad it looked, because it's the story and characters which make most people consider it to be one of the (if not THE) best RPGs ever made, myself included.

i'd say get FFVI advance. FF3 is good.. but I know I only played through it because I was home over winter break with little else to play and no xbox live. It is a lot of obsessive level grinding and stat monitoring.

VI has a great story and great characters.

6 is two times 3 mathematically, which means it is much better.

Also, I hear if you choose 3 over 6, you get cancer and die.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I'd get FF3. It's a new game that's only available on DS while 6 is easy to find cheap on PS in the Final Fantasy Anthology (with FF5 included as well).[/quote]

The issue with FF6 for the anthologies is that it has some serious load time issues. the GBA version does not.

FF3 DS *is* grind hell, I'm still playing it on and off, but I like FF5 advance better because there is more flexibility in character growth (Job system is much better).

FF6 advance hands down -- I can't wait!

[quote name='Strell']Also, I hear if you choose 3 over 6, you get cancer and die.[/QUOTE]

Damnit! Why didn't anybody tell meeeee!

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Alright, thanks. Now to go look for any deals on it this week.[/quote]Only one I know of off-hand is a $10 gift card with purchase of FFVI and another advertised GBA/DS game at Best Buy.

There's always Final Fantasy VII! Don't deprive yourself!

FFVII is quite possibly the greatest game of all time!

[quote name='BattleChicken']The issue with FF6 for the anthologies is that it has some serious load time issues. the GBA version does not.
[/QUOTE]
Indeed. For me, the PS1 version was unplayable.

If you can only afford to play one, there's no question--FFVI is a must-play for anyone even remotely interested in RPGs. FFIII has its qualities, but its an inferior game in almost every aspect.

[quote name='Strell']Except it isn't.[/QUOTE]

Except it is so much that it cannot be.

[quote name='jer7583']Except it is so much that it cannot be.[/quote]

I loved FF7, until I realized that they didn't finish it; the last two disks were a letdown.

Get VI if you've never played it before. The story is amazing and the music is incredible...I have a few complaints about the magic system, but they are not enough to detract from the game significantly.

Plus, it's portable and there's no load times! Sweetness.

/sigh let me explain this to you. You see FF III in the US is actually FFVI so really its the same thing.

ok come on it was for old times sake

Yeah FFVI is the way to go, my favorite rpg to this day(and i used to be a real huge rpg player)

bread's done
Back