FF7 graphic corruption problem?

nbballard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So last night, I was playing FF7 on my PSP. I was going on my 2nd mission to blow-up reactor 4, and halfway there my game started getting buggy. The backgrounds turned black with static like horizantal stripes, and all of the in game text was replaced with green and pink garble. I was unable to save, or see what I was doing.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm just not sure what caused the problem- My PSP, Memory Stick, Bad Download, etc.

I purchased it off of the Playstation store and DLed it directly with my PSP (not via PS3 or PC).

I've put 10 hours or so in so far, and haven't seen anything like this. I also purchased it off the PSN store via the PSP marketplace.

I've had this same problem roughly around that same, and again in the ghost trainyard area. However, I Just picked it up again a couple of days ago and about 14 hours in I have yet to experience the issue again.

I had the same thing when I played through. Luckily, both times I had just saved and going back to the XMB and reloading the game seemed to work fine.

It's worked fine for me so far, up to the point where you escape from the Turks with Aerith. I also purchased it straight from the PSN store on the PSP.

Do you have the "Disc speed" setting set to normal? I've heard that setting it to fast can cause some problems.

Anyways, I'm about 10 hrs in and haven't noticed any issues.

Actually- I did have the disc speed boosted up. I changed it back down to normal after having the issues, and did some stuff like pausing, or changing screens to see if the game would catch up with itself, but it didn't.

I wonder if it has something to do with the type of PSP system or maybe something completely random?

Did you try uninstalling then reinstalling it?

bread's done
Back