FF7 Original Sealed 100+ ebay.com

Final Fantasy fanboys are just mental. I've got two PC copies, one original but not sealed and one budget release, which is sealed. I'll have to put them up on ebay, I could probably get almost $100 in total for them.

The funny thing about that is the fact that its not new. That is not a factory sealed copy of FFVII. You can tell by the crappy shrink wrap job on the top left of the picture. This guy probably kept the security seal intact and saved it so he could sell it later as new. This guy is just taking advantage of the idiots on ebay. :lol:

-Morpheus

[quote name='Morpheus']The funny thing about that is the fact that its not new. That is not a factory sealed copy of FFVII. You can tell by the crappy shrink wrap job on the top left of the picture. This guy probably kept the security seal intact and saved it so he could sell it later as new. This guy is just taking advantage of the idiots on ebay. :lol:

-Morpheus[/quote]

Yeah, that shrink wrapping is kind of fishy looking. I wouldn't trust it, but then again, I also wouldn't pay that much for something you can get for $14.99 at wal-mart!

[quote name='retroguru'][quote name='Morpheus']The funny thing about that is the fact that its not new. That is not a factory sealed copy of FFVII. You can tell by the crappy shrink wrap job on the top left of the picture. This guy probably kept the security seal intact and saved it so he could sell it later as new. This guy is just taking advantage of the idiots on ebay. :lol:

-Morpheus[/quote]

Yeah, that shrink wrapping is kind of fishy looking. I wouldn't trust it, but then again, I also wouldn't pay that much for something you can get for $14.99 at wal-mart![/quote]

yea some people on here I heard bought a game that was shrink wrapped with blank CDs inside.

[quote name='Mishimaryu'][quote name='retroguru'][quote name='Morpheus']The funny thing about that is the fact that its not new. That is not a factory sealed copy of FFVII. You can tell by the crappy shrink wrap job on the top left of the picture. This guy probably kept the security seal intact and saved it so he could sell it later as new. This guy is just taking advantage of the idiots on ebay. :lol:

-Morpheus[/quote]

Yeah, that shrink wrapping is kind of fishy looking. I wouldn't trust it, but then again, I also wouldn't pay that much for something you can get for $14.99 at wal-mart![/quote]

yea some people on here I heard bought a game that was shrink wrapped with blank CDs inside.[/quote]

thats the limited edition you're talking about

i wonder if my opened original could sell for a lot, i wouldn't mind buying a greatest hits copy if i could move the old one for 100 dollars...

[quote name='PaulEMoz']The seller has got superb feedback though....[/quote]

True, but if he bought this from, say EBGames...then it's probably re-sealed and he might not even know it. Those CDs could be scratched to hell. Or maybe they are perfect. Fact is that would still be a re-seal.

Plus, I don't remember opening my original FFVII with a crappy shrink wrap job. I remember trying to get under the factory sealed folded plastic ends with my nails to open it. Just like any other game I try to open. This is obviously not a new game. :D

-Morpheus

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']i wonder if my opened original could sell for a lot, i wouldn't mind buying a greatest hits copy if i could move the old one for 100 dollars...[/quote]

Your opened original is worth less than $20. It's the sealed copies that bring in the cash.

you know its a scam when they offer free shipping. that is where so many make the extra money by charging outrageous shipping fees.

all i got to say about that auction is...

what the?

Yeah it's the original version, yeah, it's sealed, yeah, I've seen these at some Kmarts as recently as 1 month ago (the original version, sealed) for $19.99. It's not a rare game and in no way does it warrent the price it's at. You can almost get a copy of Suikoden 2 sealed, which is a rare game and is impossible to still run accross in stores sealed, for slightly more than what this auction is at. Next time I go to Kmart, I'm picking me up some of these. Advantage of living in a somewhat small town I guess.

I feel sorry for the sucker that is paying for that, i would feel bad even if it was new let alone re-sealed.

[quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='PaulEMoz']The seller has got superb feedback though....[/quote]

True, but if he bought this from, say EBGames...then it's probably re-sealed and he might not even know it. [/quote]

Yeah why does EB do that? I remember buying Gran Turismo 3 some years ago...

"Do you want a used copy?"

"No, new is fine."

"Ok."

:goes home:
:sees worn instructions, fingerprinted game under shoddy shrinckwrap and restuck-on label.:

I'm gonna go look for some sealed copies....... Hmmmm..... Nope......Can't find....any....here....I'm just gonna ebay this completely un-rare game I found in my pocket.....get 2$ out of it....

[quote name='Zer0X1999']100 with 3 days left wow. I saw one a couple months ago that ended @ 250, which is insane for such a common game.[/quote]

Yeah, the world is insane.

I will say that picture is very suspicious. So, I wrote to him and asked him about it. We shall see what he says.

Just so everyone is on the right page here, the shrink-wrap...whether he re-wrapped it or not is defiantly hard to tell and probably irrelevant. One thing you have to realize is in 1997; this IS how games were shrink-wrapped. Remember this is before DVD cases and industry standards. FF7 came out around 3-4 months after PSX first got rid of those goofy big game boxes. I had the Japanese version (I worked at a video game store) and let me tell you that the shrink-wrap was the crappy "Use a hair-dryer to close the seal crap" as well. This is just how it was done, so before you send hundreds of emails out wasting people’s time with your theories, you should try to think back and remember instead of ruining this guy's sale. Especially since he has a great eBay track record. Wouldn't you be pissed off if someone were putting seeds of doubt in your customer’s heads? Just trying to be resonable....sorry. :lol:

I'll sell a Cloud Strife action figure with a melted left foot and a Q-tip for a buster sword. Any fanboys wanna buy? You can imagine that Bahamut melted his leg, and Cloud has a dream of entering into that giant qtip battle event on American Gladiators.

Mookyjooky, I think your right. I opened up my Xenogears not that long ago and I think it had that crappy hair dryer factory seal on it. The only reason I finally opened it was because the seal was just getting old and starting to become frail and torn and I decided to actually play it.

Chris

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Just so everyone is on the right page here, the shrink-wrap...whether he re-wrapped it or not is defiantly hard to tell and probably irrelevant. One thing you have to realize is in 1997; this IS how games were shrink-wrapped. Remember this is before DVD cases and industry standards. FF7 came out around 3-4 months after PSX first got rid of those goofy big game boxes. I had the Japanese version (I worked at a video game store) and let me tell you that the shrink-wrap was the crappy "Use a hair-dryer to close the seal crap" as well. This is just how it was done, so before you send hundreds of emails out wasting people?s time with your theories, you should try to think back and remember instead of ruining this guy's sale. Especially since he has a great eBay track record. Wouldn't you be pissed off if someone were putting seeds of doubt in your customer?s heads? Just trying to be resonable....sorry. :lol:[/quote]

You are wrong. Japanese games are actually sealed even better than US gamse. The import of FF 7 was regular japanese factory sealed...

[quote name='PaulEMoz']The seller has got superb feedback though....[/quote]

he's got perfect feedback, but they're all from sellers. the collector who buys this alleged "resealed" game is gonna be pissed, lol.

[quote name='b3b0p']I will say that picture is very suspicious. So, I wrote to him and asked him about it. We shall see what he says.[/quote]

please keep us informed :D

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Just so everyone is on the right page here, the shrink-wrap...whether he re-wrapped it or not is defiantly hard to tell and probably irrelevant. One thing you have to realize is in 1997; this IS how games were shrink-wrapped. Remember this is before DVD cases and industry standards. FF7 came out around 3-4 months after PSX first got rid of those goofy big game boxes. I had the Japanese version (I worked at a video game store) and let me tell you that the shrink-wrap was the crappy "Use a hair-dryer to close the seal crap" as well. This is just how it was done, so before you send hundreds of emails out wasting people’s time with your theories, you should try to think back and remember instead of ruining this guy's sale. Especially since he has a great eBay track record. Wouldn't you be pissed off if someone were putting seeds of doubt in your customer’s heads? Just trying to be resonable....sorry. :lol:[/quote]

i remember when i bought the original ff7, it didn't have the crappy hair-dryer shrink wrap. it was packaged like all the new games are (w/ the folded plastic on the top and bottom).

[quote name='Morpheus']Plus, I don't remember opening my original FFVII with a crappy shrink wrap job. I remember trying to get under the factory sealed folded plastic ends with my nails to open it. Just like any other game I try to open. This is obviously not a new game. :D

-Morpheus[/quote]

U can use a needle to unstick the glue under the edges, and then open up the case at the bottom by unhinging it.

Then slide case back in when done, use a very tiny amount of glue just to hold the seal shut and not make any glue marks show.

And just because i know how to do this, doesnt mean i go around selling shrinkwrapped copies on ebay :p. The DVD clamshells are a little tougher though.

[quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='dental_regurgitation']i wonder if my opened original could sell for a lot, i wouldn't mind buying a greatest hits copy if i could move the old one for 100 dollars...[/quote]

Your opened original is worth less than $20. It's the sealed copies that bring in the cash.[/quote]

I usually see originals in good condition for about $30.

bread's done
Back