FF9 hitting PSN June 15th

im glad its only gonna be 10 bucks they could have easily jacked it up higher like they do with some games. i still dont get why the first re is more expensive than 2 and 3.

Japan has to pay 1500 yen or 16 dollars for Final Fantasy 7,8,9 and I think 1000 yen for tactics. Yet they're top sellers over there.

[quote name='KingBroly']Who's shocked? I'm not shocked. Not shocked at all.[/QUOTE]
I'm shocked it took so long. It's been on the UK PSN for a while now, maybe a month or two.

I know companies feel they must pace these classic title releases, but it seems they're pacing them so slow that lots of good games will never get releases. Releases some different genres the same week.

Still need to play this one, and everything before VI. And to be honest I still need to finish VIII, the story and characters just changed completely and I lost interest =(

I really enjoyed the FF series as a kid, but if you watch this youtube video series on why ff8 sucks so horribly, it is hilarious and reminds you how bad we used to have it as gamers. :) that and angry video game nerd

[quote name='Gooch3008']I am excited but can't seem to find it on the store. Been waiting for this one awhile...[/QUOTE]

I think you might have to wait until this evening.

Since moving to Tuesdays, the updates seem to be coming a bit earlier, around 5/6 Eastern. If I rememeber correctly, last year they updated during or just following the keynote because of the FF7 release.

Got this tonight, and put it on my psp, waiting til tomorrow to start, don't want to drain my psp's batteries, and have a 6 hour long trip tomorrow.

That draw system killing you in FF8? Yea, FF9 goes back to a more standard magic and class system instead of the hybrid class system FF8 used.

[quote name='elwood731']I know companies feel they must pace these classic title releases, but it seems they're pacing them so slow that lots of good games will never get releases. Releases some different genres the same week.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully with the new premium PSN plus, that they'll start rolling out PS1 games in a more steady amount since people will be paying for the stuff now, and I don't think a free 4x4 PS1 game is going to cut the mustard with paying customers. ;)

[quote name='Thongsy']That draw system killing you in FF8? Yea, FF9 goes back to a more standard magic and class system instead of the hybrid class system FF8 used.[/QUOTE]

I think I spent almost as much time drawing spells as I did playing the game, that was the most boring part of that game, and then the enemy levels up with you sucked as well, I understand the need for a challenge, but that just gets boring after awhile trying to get an advantage, and never getting one till endgame when you get ultimate weapons and such.

[quote name='panzerfaust'] And to be honest I still need to finish VIII, the story and characters just changed completely and I lost interest =([/QUOTE]

Hehe this made me chuckle. Thanks.

[quote name='whoknows']Is this better than FF8?

As in is it a more traditional RPG? I just can't get into 8 no matter how hard I try.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was much much better than 8. It seems to go back to what made the original series great. The story is pretty good as well, at least I thought so anyways.

bread's done
Back