fff

You know what, I'm in the same boat... I had one for about 7 months but it went bad on me (would make a scraping noise whenever there was a strong vibration on my desk- like me closing a drawer).

I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued even though Newegg says it'll be back in stock by the end of the month.

You could use the Silencer 4 (can't remember the revision) that was made for the X800, but that one's OOS too.

This is what I have right now:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835118124

It works just as well as the Silencer 5 but it doens't exhaust the heat out of the system. But all of my temps seem to have remain unaffected. It needs it's own power line (or a 3-pin fan connector from your mobo). Plus, compared to the Silencer 5, this was actually a bit difficult to put on though still nothing complicated.

I'm still going to try and get an Silencer 5 though because I didn't have any damn LEDs on it and it used the power connector on the graphics card. Plus, knowing that hot air was outside my system gave me a piece of mind though it didn't affect my performance at all.

Sorry not to be an asshole but they're called "Xbox 360", I know, I understand you're new so I won't be a dick about it or anything, just hopefully you'll remember for next time

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Sorry not to be an asshole but they're called "Xbox 360", I know, I understand you're new so I won't be a dick about it or anything, just hopefully you'll remember for next time[/quote]

Uhh. What? Is that a crappy joke or am I missing something.

I think that's supposed to be an anti-PC comment... but lets see if he'll willing to come back and back it up with facts or if he'll be a bitch about it and never post in this thread again.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I was playing the role of self-righteous dumb fuck

Of course I was joking[/QUOTE]

Dude, William H. Macy doesn't joke.

Hm... I really want the Silencer again even though it's the 4th version (practically the same, except it doesn't support some X850 cards- works with mine though).

But I'd rather get it from Newegg... cheaper price and better coverage.

bread's done
Back