fff

If it supports the high resolutions like 1280x1024 or something up there you are set, which I'm assuming 99% of PC monitors do. The only issue your going to have is size, I played on a 17" LCD with VGA cable at 1280x1024 for months and months I just got a Westinghouse 32" LCD HDTV near X-mas for $699 and its like playing on a PC monitor just 32", which is awesome.

In conclusion, the 360 looks really good on PC monitors, especially on a budget.

hidef games=great
standard def=crap. tmnt and doom look much better on my standard tv as opposed to my monitor. they get really pixelated.

[quote name='xplode427']hidef games=great
standard def=crap. tmnt and doom look much better on my standard tv as opposed to my monitor. they get really pixelated.[/quote]

Well yea, these games were made in hi-def and being displayed in hi-def. TMNT and Doom were made in 200x100 whatever and being displayed in 1366x768 so obviously it is going to be stretched to the extreme and look like poopy.

I've been playing on a 20.1" Dell 2007WFP for the past 9 months. I kind of wish I had something bigger, but it looks good enough to me until I can get a DLP the day after Thanksgiving.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Well yea, these games were made in hi-def and being displayed in hi-def. TMNT and Doom were made in 200x100 whatever and being displayed in 1366x768 so obviously it is going to be stretched to the extreme and look like poopy.[/quote]

Technically, those games looked like crap the day they were made, it just took us 15 years to realize it.

I sometimes hook my 360 up to my nice 22" monitor and almost all the games look really nice. I don't own a HDTV so I don't know how it compares. If your a PC gamer playing the games on a smaller screen won't be a issue.
In fact I find playing FPS a lot more fun on a small monitor screen then on the TV.

I played on my big ass 19" monitor for a while. I didn't like it to much though because it wasn't wide screen and I had to play it at a low resolution.

I was thinking about getting a bigger widescreen monitor, but I just don't know.

My 360 looks fantastic on the 37" monitor that it shares with my PC. I've never even hooked it up to my TV. :)

Most PC monitors are 16:10, the Xbox 360's resolutions output in 16:9, this means your 16:9 360 image will be stretched to fit the 16:10 monitor, unless your monitor supports 1:1 pixel mapping.

Or Microsoft could get off their fucking asses and release a dash update with more fucking resolutions.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Most PC monitors are 16:10, the Xbox 360's resolutions output in 16:9, this means your 16:9 360 image will be stretched to fit the 16:10 monitor, unless your monitor supports 1:1 pixel mapping.

Or Microsoft could get off their fucking asses and release a dash update with more fucking resolutions.[/quote]

Why doesn't it just display with black bars on the top and bottom. I don't really get it. Anyways, it is that bad where it's not worth it?

[quote name='qbkorso']Why doesn't it just display with black bars on the top and bottom. I don't really get it. Anyways, it is that bad where it's not worth it?[/QUOTE]
Hardly noticeable I leave it on fill even though my monitor can do aspect. Dell 2005FPW

[quote name='BULL_Ship']Hardly noticeable I leave it on fill even though my monitor can do aspect. Dell 2005FPW[/quote]

How much does that monitor go for?

bread's done
Back