FFIV coming to the GBA in December

+__________+

man that was out of the blue. Here i was thinking Gunstar Heroes will be last worthy title on the GBA and boom, FFIV is coming to America in time for Christmas. Looks like nintendo wasnt lying when they said DS would be a 3rd pillar

[quote name='Kaijufan']Great news. FFIV is my favorite Final Fantasy game. If only Chrono Trigger was on the same cart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously. A handheld version of FF Chronicles without the annoying load times would be wonderful. Maybe we'll be surprised with that still, who knows.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ!

How many fucking times can they whore this title out? SNES, WonderSwan, PS1, and now GBA?

Here's some sound advice to Square: GET TO WORK ON FINAL FANTASY III DS, BITCHES!

Oh c'mon...I'm waiting for either FFVI or Chrono Trigger on GBA, and they announce this instead. It wasn't a bad game by any means, I just...well, I'm not going through it again, is all. I've moved on.

[quote name='mykevermin']Jesus Tapdancing Christ!

How many fucking times can they whore this title out? SNES, WonderSwan, PS1, and now GBA?

Here's some sound advice to Square: GET TO WORK ON FINAL FANTASY III DS, BITCHES![/QUOTE]

Thats what I say. What happened to Final Fantasy 3 for the DS? It was announced like eons ago and still no news.

[quote name='mykevermin']Jesus Tapdancing Christ!

Here's some sound advice to Square: GET TO WORK ON FINAL FANTASY III DS, BITCHES![/QUOTE]

I agree. I've got IV already (SNES and Chronicles versions) I want to see III in my collection, dammit!

FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY! GOD, FINALLY!

I was talking about this the other day, how I wanted to play FF2 (FF4) on my DS.. THANK YOU!

Now just get Mother 1 + 2 (Earthbound) over here!

Why not Mother 1 + 2? Did they really have to port an already worn out game? Even something Secret Of Mana would have been better than this.

Not that i'm saying FF4 is bad but.....eh

[quote name='RedvsBlue']What was that about the PSP being nothing but ports and rehashes?[/QUOTE]

No you see this is differnt, the GBA already has hundreds of Orignal games, and the ports it get are games that can not be purchesed any more.
The PSP on the other hand has only a small handful of games and it gets ports of $10 games you can still pick up at Wal-Mart.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']What was that about the PSP being nothing but ports and rehashes?[/QUOTE]

Did anyone mention the Port Station Portable in this thread?

Anyway, this is awesome news. I am hoping they have the whole 2D FF line finished between the GBA and DS.

[quote name='Parathod']Did anyone mention the Port Station Portable in this thread?

Anyway, this is awesome news. I am hoping they have the whole 2D FF line finished between the GBA and DS.[/QUOTE]

No, I mentioned the Pretty Steep Pricing.

On a side note I like how everyone attacks the PSP for having nothing but ports but think about it like this. The XBox and PS2 have many very similar games, does that mean that the XBox is just porting all the PS2 games because the XBox is newer or the the PS2 is porting the XBox because the XBox is more powerful. Point being, I bought a PSP to be able to play my games on the go, whether they're original or ports, doesn't matter to me, I just want easy gaming and entertainment on the go.

HOWEVER, before all of you attack me as a PSPfanboy attacking the GBA/DS, I will tell you that I picked up a DS about a month ago. I don't really understand why everyone feels the need to play up a rivalry between the 2 systems. They offer different experiences and are both equally enjoyable to the right people.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Thats what I say. What happened to Final Fantasy 3 for the DS? It was announced like eons ago and still no news.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I so want that game!

Can someone tell me Why FF 3 never came out here..... ALSO just 1 game on the cart.. 9.99 or 14.99 would be a nice price but there is no way in hell that im going to pay 29.99 or 39.99 for this game

[quote name='slidecage']Can someone tell me Why FF 3 never came out here..... ALSO just 1 game on the cart.. 9.99 or 14.99 would be a nice price but there is no way in hell that im going to pay 29.99 or 39.99 for this game[/QUOTE]

This isnt the nintendo classics series. Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls was Final Fantasy 1 and 2, both nintendo games. Final Fantay IV was a snes game which went for way more than 30 before being re-released on ps1. Not to mention Donkey Kong Country, Zelda LTTP and many more snes games have been ported to gba for $30 with no complaints.

Its also easier to release FFIV for gba, instead of FF3 for DS because 4 has already been translated and released here.....where as FF3 still needs to be developed for new hardware(DS) and has to be translated for its first US release.

[quote name='CapAmerica']No you see this is differnt, the GBA already has hundreds of Orignal games, and the ports it get are games that can not be purchesed any more.
The PSP on the other hand has only a small handful of games and it gets ports of $10 games you can still pick up at Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Sure, you ds whore

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No, I mentioned the Pretty Steep Pricing.

On a side note I like how everyone attacks the PSP for having nothing but ports but think about it like this. The XBox and PS2 have many very similar games, does that mean that the XBox is just porting all the PS2 games because the XBox is newer or the the PS2 is porting the XBox because the XBox is more powerful. Point being, I bought a PSP to be able to play my games on the go, whether they're original or ports, doesn't matter to me, I just want easy gaming and entertainment on the go.

HOWEVER, before all of you attack me as a PSPfanboy attacking the GBA/DS, I will tell you that I picked up a DS about a month ago. I don't really understand why everyone feels the need to play up a rivalry between the 2 systems. They offer different experiences and are both equally enjoyable to the right people.[/QUOTE]

I was joking around. I think the PSP looks pretty good and I think that even though it gets a lot of ports, they're ports of great games. I'm not going to buy both because owning both would probably result in me buying a bunch of games i'll never end up playing. I own a DS because it seems more Japanese oriented and I tend to like games made in Japan over domestic games.

[quote name='elwood731']Has Final Fantasy 5 ever been ported to the US, or did I just miss it?[/QUOTE]
yes, it has been re-release on PSOne

bread's done
Back