FFVII:ACC Import $70 (Blu-ray) - 1st Print to Include FF XIII PS3 Demo

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-a7-77-1-49-en-15-advent+chidlren+complete-70-384b.html

Price: $69.90
Release date: April 16, 2009
No region protection
Movie will feature 25 minutes of new, never before seen footage
Will feature Japanese and English dubs for the movie, but the demo will be in Japanese only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0iQYaK6AtE&fmt=22

There will also be a FFVII:ACC PS3 bundle dubbed the "Cloud Black Edition":

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bo-77-2-49-en-15-advent+chidlren+complete-70-384d.html

Box contents
  • PS3 Console (Cloud Black Edition 160HDD edition)
  • Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete BD Movie
  • Final Fantasy XIII Trial Version

Last edited by a moderator:
wow $70 bucks is a lot. I can't believe a demo is being factored into the pricing here. Sadly this will probably still sell, but I am on the fence about paying that much for a blu-ray that will eventually be $29.99 in the states.

[quote name='tenzor']wow $70 bucks is a lot. I can't believe a demo is being factored into the pricing here. Sadly this will probably still sell, but I am on the fence about paying that much for a blu-ray that will eventually be $29.99 in the states.[/quote]

Knowing Square, the US release will probably be a while. And yes, this will sell mainly because of the Final Fantasy XIII demo (people are crazy for this series and will do anything to get their hands on it ASAP, kind of like me :whistle2:#).

Also, expect a lot of eBayers to sell the demo itself for around $30 - $40. People will buy.

All DVDs, Blu-rays, music albums, games, etc are relatively expensive in Japan. Basically, if it's on a disc, it costs more than what you're used to. The regular version (no demo) is 4900 yen (a little more than $50). The demo version is 5900 yen (a little more than $60). Not to mention Play-asia overcharges things since that's where they make their money from. Amazon has the PS3 for 62200 at the moment.

Regional encoding is optional on Blu-rays. Also the zoning is different. North America and Japan are the same zone. Which is A.

$70 is nothing for a japanese blu-ray. Most blu-ray releases in japan start at $50 or higher. But man I want this released stateside!!!!! Especially for anime.

I think Air blu costs like $300 for 12 eps.

Akira: 7800 yen ~ $78 dollars or higher now with the crappy conversion.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Don't forget the $6 shipping which tops this baby out at $76 shipped. Pretty spendy for one movie.[/QUOTE]

it's for the demo (Advent Children is not a real movie. It's a new media form called "cinematic fanservice")

Pretty spendy for a demo.

[quote name='Horo']no word yet if it will have english subs?[/quote]

I believe the movie itself will have English subs as well as English voiceovers, as there was a blog entry a while back by the voice actor that did Rufus Shinra who said that he had to go do a few new lines, i.e. do the lines that will be included in ACC.

From the info provided though, it seems like the demo will be completely Japanese.

I spent $55 USD on an imported Byousoku 5 Centimeter Blu-ray (hell, I even bought the imported HD-DVD for another $55), but only because I'm a fan.

$70 USD for an imported Blu-ray isn't too bad, but I'm not a big enough fan of FF7 to buy it at that price.

I read on Blu-Ray.com that there are only Japanese subs on this release. Seems kind of odd, English dub is there, but no English subs? I'm still on the fence about this one. I could Ebay the demo (as I have no real interest in FFXIII), but I want English subs.

The disc details from CDJapan make no mention of English subs:

Running Time: 130 minutes
Layers: single-sided/dual-layered
Aspect Ratio(s): 16:9
Region Code: Region-free
Color
Subtitles: Japanese
Audio Track :
Japanese: Dolby TrueHD
English: Dolby TrueHD

[quote name='shivaedge']I spent $55 USD on an imported Byousoku 5 Centimeter Blu-ray (hell, I even bought the imported HD-DVD for another $55), but only because I'm a fan.

$70 USD for an imported Blu-ray isn't too bad, but I'm not a big enough fan of FF7 to buy it at that price.[/quote]
woo to go off topic, but does 5cm and beyond the clouds have eng subs for imports?

[quote name='mythus']woo to go off topic, but does 5cm and beyond the clouds have eng subs for imports?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, no eng subs for imports. But who need subs when you're enjoying the gorgeous hi-def background scenery in his movies, right? ;)

ok so it does have the original english dub as well as japanese on the movie? Are there any comparison pictures of new scenes or how they changed the movie for blu ray?

[quote name='panasonic']ok so it does have the original english dub as well as japanese on the movie? Are there any comparison pictures of new scenes or how they changed the movie for blu ray?[/quote]

There's a trailer for it on psn which includes some of the new scenes - not sure about elsewhere as I haven't been looking

Argh, in for 1... pricey, yes, but I'll let the eBay devils reimburse me once I've had my way with the demo. I'm sure they'll be translation FAQs online by the time my slow-ass shipping method arrives anyway :D

[quote name='mythus']woo to go off topic, but does 5cm and beyond the clouds have eng subs for imports?[/QUOTE]

you can get the hong kong version of 5cm which has english sub, but it is dvd only

[quote name='OtakuFerret']Argh, in for 1... pricey, yes, but I'll let the eBay devils reimburse me once I've had my way with the demo. I'm sure they'll be translation FAQs online by the time my slow-ass shipping method arrives anyway :D[/QUOTE]

I want this to come true as it's my plan too, but i don't want it to backfire.

Then again, eBayers did pay $50 for a golden lancer, and recently $45 for the Mythic Maps that came with Halo Wars CE which is going to be $10 in a few weeks.....

I am really tempted to order this but the price is a bit too steep.

Wish they would just release the demo on PSN JP Store

This is kinda old news. It's been on play-asia for a while now (couple months), and SE has officially announced a US version (no date yet though). I'll wait til then.

Advent Children was good and all, but I can't imagine paying that much to own it again just with a demo.
Hell, I wouldn't pay 70 dollars unless it came with a full copy of FF13 and a complimentary copy of Chrono Trigger.

I'm probably gonna get it.. It's in English so that's fine with me.. and the demo is nice too but I don't want to wait any more for US release of Advent Children in Blu-Ray..

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I can't honestly see why anyone would want to pay so much for this.[/QUOTE]

Me either, but I've been in the "buying to resell" business for many years now and I think that a very large portion of the population value material gratification at any cost over financial security.

I imagine if someone has 100 in their bank account on Wednesday, have to pay a 20.00 bill tomorrow, and get paid on Friday...they have no problem spending 80.00 like it's nothing.

From personal experience as well as seeing what others have done for other franchises, being a fan of something can mean doing very illogical things...

Amazon.co.jp has it for $55 shipped.

Since shipping is $20, it'd be awesome if cheapy could just place orders and send em out (as im guessing shipping on a single dvd prolly doesn't cost $20).

[quote name='Bezerker']Amazon.co.jp has it for $55 shipped.

Since shipping is $20, it'd be awesome if cheapy could just place orders and send em out (as im guessing shipping on a single dvd prolly doesn't cost $20).[/quote]

How'd you get that to come up? It only gives me japanese prefectures. If only I still lived in Japan.:cry:

[quote name='Bezerker']Amazon.co.jp has it for $55 shipped.

Since shipping is $20, it'd be awesome if cheapy could just place orders and send em out (as im guessing shipping on a single dvd prolly doesn't cost $20).[/quote]

I just looked on Amazon Japan, but they won't ship outside of Japan. I'm tempted just to preorder it since it'll only cost me 5015 yen but the exchange rate hasn't been so good lately.

bread's done
Back