FFXI w/ HD 16 bucks!

If it is used then it is worthless... The registration codes are one time use so once someone makes an account with them no one else can use it. Hopefully you didn't get ripped, but for the price you can't really be sure until you get it and try to register. Sorry to be a pessimist about it, but I thought it might be something you would want to know.

Assuming it works, if you want to pick up the Chains of Promathia Expansion Pack the PS2 version has become fairly scarce but you can still get it at Buy.com for $18.99 +Shipping.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=50018875&loc=108&sp=1

Buy.com also has a deal in which you get $25 when you sign up for a Buy.com Visa, so if you don't already have one then you could sign up, get CoP for free, and still have $6.01 left over.

I have a Level 70 Red Mage on Unicorn server, and I have been playing long enough to tell you you won't be dissapointed with the game. Name on there is Seiryuu so if you get on Unicorn give me a /tell.

[quote name='Puffa469']If only I could get my hands on a working 'fat' PS2...[/QUOTE]

It's not worth it, trust me. I played the PC version for a few months, and I hated it. So slow and boring, it felt more like work than a game. The entire system seems designed around "leetness", meaning that you must have the correct class combinations and best equipment for parties to even consider allowing you to join them. Suckage ftw.

[quote name='the ender']It's not worth it, trust me. I played the PC version for a few months, and I hated it. So slow and boring, it felt more like work than a game. The entire system seems designed around "leetness", meaning that you must have the correct class combinations and best equipment for parties to even consider allowing you to join them. Suckage ftw.[/QUOTE]

I will sum up my opinion: This is by far one of the most fun, complete, bug-free and polished MMORPGs I have ever played, and I have played a lot of them. World of Warcraft and Everquest (pre-Velious) are the only ones that can compare.

Yes, the game does revolve around having the ideal party make-up and not having idiots in your party. It has nothing to do with being "leet" or having the best equipment. If you are a good player and level up 2 or 3 complimentary jobs, there really is no excuse for being undesired. That said, there are a lot of terrible players in this game. I mean terrible. Luckily, since parties must have balanced job distribution and good players are rare, if you are good, you will quickly find a "static party" or linkshell which you can stick with through the whole game.

Bj's whole sale club has them for cheap and sealed.

And PSO for dc used to have a number where you can call and if they believed you bought it from someone else or a store and the code had been used, they would issue you a new one. I think WoW has that too (with a bit of cash involved, like 10 bucks)

[quote name='Wicked']If it is used then it is worthless... The registration codes are one time use so once someone makes an account with them no one else can use it. Hopefully you didn't get ripped, but for the price you can't really be sure until you get it and try to register. Sorry to be a pessimist about it, but I thought it might be something you would want to know.[/QUOTE]

I just purchased a used FF XI Online for $20. I wished I had seen this before. What should I do with it now?

[quote name='unforeseen']I just purchased a used FF XI Online for $20. I wished I had seen this before. What should I do with it now?[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge the registration codes are universal so if you pick of the PC version ($20-$30 depending on where you go) then you could use the registration codes from that on the PS2 version. Never tried this myself but I have heard it works. It's going to cost you more but it will still be better than the $100 retail price of the PS2 version...

bread's done
Back