FFXI World Pass

Sockey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
My friend and I each just got FFXI and we would like to start off on the same server can somone please give me a world pass that will last a bit longer like 5 days or more for any server so we can both play together (that means it needs at least 2 more uses on it).
Thanks in advance.

Well we all starting in Diabolos, but I have yet to go there. There are multiple ways to get to a specific server...and by multiple I mean like 2 :)

Anyways, how soon do you need them?

ASAP... I don't like the fact I'm creating a character and that i'm going to have to delete him so I can play on a server with my friend (but it's ok). See I don't want to make a new character ontop of my old one and have to pay a extra dollar a month. Hey I am a cheapass :wink:
And you said there are two ways to get to a server...
1.Worldpass
2.what? creating a character and hoping you get lucky until you do?

How much does a WP cost and where do I get it... heh I'm kind of a newbie. :oops: And I'm not to dar I can create a new character. Only Level 3.

It depends on the server. Certain NPC sell it, check out Gamefaqs or something of the sort. Most FFXI forum will tell you who they are. I remember one in Bastok, but that was like months ago.

Nah I'll just create anew character and have bothe me and my friend use a world pass, when will you guys be getting the Diablos worldpass for all the cheapass FFXI players.

the price of a world pass differs depending on how populated the particular server. the more popular the more expensive, but all have a base price of at least 1000 gil. that may not seem like much but gil is scarce when first starting out. i am in the bahamut server and it took me about 15 hours or so to raise 1600 to pay for a world pass.
i believe all world passes can be purchased near one of the residential area entrances. i am in the kingdom of san d'oria and you purchase the world pass from a guy near the residential area in port d'oria.

If you've got about two hours of free time to waste, you could just do the create-checkserver-delete-repeat cycle. That's what I did to get on Kujata. Pain in the ass, I'll admit, but both myself and my friend are new to the game, and neither of us could afford a WorldPass. If you have a keyboard, it's not so bad, but I was using the software keyboard. I ended up with a three-letter character name as a result.

If you're already on a server, and have a character started, just have your friend do the delete-recreate thing until he/she gets on the same server as you. It will happen eventually.

[quote name='poormojo']On Diabolos, what town are you in?[/quote]Some of us are starting in San D'oria in the Diabolos server, but don't let that stop you from going where you want to go. Eventually we will all meet up. If you do want to start with us and do quests and missions together then start on San D'oria.

I'm in Bastok. But I'm down for teaming up down the road.

By the by. Historically I've been very dismissive of MMORPGs. I had a roommate in college who got totally hooked on EQ and I didn't see him for months.

But damn is this game fun. I take back everything I ever said about MMORPGs.

[quote name='WildWop']If you've got about two hours of free time to waste, you could just do the create-checkserver-delete-repeat cycle. That's what I did to get on Kujata. Pain in the ass, I'll admit, but both myself and my friend are new to the game, and neither of us could afford a WorldPass. If you have a keyboard, it's not so bad, but I was using the software keyboard. I ended up with a three-letter character name as a result.

If you're already on a server, and have a character started, just have your friend do the delete-recreate thing until he/she gets on the same server as you. It will happen eventually.[/quote]

Or you could use the 2 hours it takes there, start a character, go and solo, sell your loot and easily have enough gil for a WP, while still getting exp for yhour character and getting used to the game, all at the same time. It does not take long to get gil if you solo. You dont have to share the loot and then just head to the Auction House and sell it all.

I think so far just about everyone on the Diabolos server is in San D'oria, but I'm not sure about Red Flare Graft. Also, could FFXIers please give out their screenames?! How are gonna play together if we dont' know where everybody is?!

I guess no one listens to me, but I'll put it in all captial letters this time. I CURRENTLY ALREADY HAVE A WORLD PASS, PM ME IS YOU WANT TO USE IT. OK, maybe you'll be able to see that now.

i hate the fact that you cant move your character to another server. well with the exception of the world shifter, but that seems too random to rely on. my friend and i both got ffXI the day it came out and we decided that we both wanted to be on the same server but wanted to play the second we got it. so we decided to have a contest, whomever got the worldpass first would get to stay in their server and the other would have to delete their character. well as luck should have it, my server was more populated so my world pass was 300 gil more expensive so he got his world pass 2 hours before me. now i have to delete my level 7 warrior elvaan to go to his server. this blows.

General FFXI question here, if I want to synthesize something, I need to have first joined the appropriate guild, right?

And also, how hard/dangerous is it to run from one of the major cities to another? Say from Bastok to Jeuno or Windurst or Sandy?

Thx,
PMJ

I thought I'd just switch to a lvl 1 class and run like hell. With enough luck, and stopping at outposts on the way to make new home points, it could work, couldn't it? In an insane sort of way?

^^ Your gonna need a decent level (20 and up) to get from major cities to another. But theres always Chocobos....

haha... except you have to be lvl 20 to get your chocobo license

just pay someone to warp you

[quote name='poormojo']I thought I'd just switch to a lvl 1 class and run like hell. With enough luck, and stopping at outposts on the way to make new home points, it could work, couldn't it? In an insane sort of way?[/quote]
It can work, I tried it...just beware of agros...I just started walking from Windy to Jeuno. It was fun but a agro bastard got me...it was a one hit wonder :)

I've gone bettween Sando and Bastok numerous times befor hitting level 18, it IS possible but there are a few small paths that har hard to navigate without getting an agro.

Heck a friend of mine ran from bastok to Sandoria on his first day and he'd never played an MMORPG before.

[quote name='keit2208']just pay someone to warp you[/quote]

Is this a White Mage power? And what's a respectable amount to pay for this kind of service?

More Newb Questions: Do I ask someone where I am to warp me? Or someone where I'm going?

Thanks,
MJ

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Type /smes and it'll give you the info you need.[/quote]
didn't work

Anyone going to be on this morning??

Hey, I need help here. I've used up my WP obviously and I need another one. I'm only gonna use it for one person. So if anyone else is buying one, give me the code so I can give it to ONE person. I just spent almost all my money yesterday, and since I'm only gonna use it on one person, it wouldn't be worth it. I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Ok I stole a WP off IGN and used it gave it to my friend who used it and his brother who used it.
So I guess this can be closed.

bread's done
Back