FFXIII-2 CE Question

roymustang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The game just got 40/40 in Famitsu and I definitely want the CE with the full 4-disc OST.

What I want to know is do you guys think I should get it right away for 80 bucks or do you think that they will have a lot of CE and the price will drop somewhere down the road in 2012? I mean I like FF and SE and all but I'd be pissed if i payed 80 for something that was gonna be 30 a few months down the road, I'm a CAG first and foremost.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='roymustang']The game just got 40/40 in Famitsu and I definitely want the CE with the full 4-disc OST.

What I want to know is do you guys think I should get it right away for 80 bucks or do you think that they will have a lot of CE and the price will drop somewhere down the road in 2012? I mean I like FF and SE and all but I'd be pissed if i payed 80 for something that was gonna be 30 a few months down the road, I'm a CAG first and foremost.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda stuck on this too but I just decided I'm gonna pre-order it and make my decision when it comes out lool. Just deciding if I should pre-order at Best Buy or on amazon... hmm...

[quote name='roymustang']The game just got 40/40 in Famitsu and I definitely want the CE with the full 4-disc OST.

What I want to know is do you guys think I should get it right away for 80 bucks or do you think that they will have a lot of CE and the price will drop somewhere down the road in 2012? I mean I like FF and SE and all but I'd be pissed if i payed 80 for something that was gonna be 30 a few months down the road, I'm a CAG first and foremost.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I always wait for a price drop or sale before I buy a game because they almost always drop in price and I don't need to play new games immediately. But if I know I really want it, there's no way I'm going to risk missing out on a limited/collector's edition if it actually does end up being "limited."

You could pre-order it and instead of opening it immediately when it arrives, keep it sealed while you survey whether or not it sells out. If it does, great! You won't have to deal with inflated prices from resellers. If it doesn't become a hot commodity, return it and purchase again when the price is to your liking.

I think they honestly are gonna be pretty limited because I remember even the FFXIV Collector's sets being in Best Buy stores only for a couple days. This was just FFXIV even.

4 disc soundtrack and the soundtrack is pure awesome! It's worth every penny if you aren't looking for a mantle piece. An extra $20/30 for the soundtrack is a deal in my view.

P.S. Famitsu reviews are full of shit. They are basically paid advertisements.

[quote name='TheHumanSpider']I think they honestly are gonna be pretty limited because I remember even the FFXIV Collector's sets being in Best Buy stores only for a couple days. This was just FFXIV even.[/QUOTE]

Well where I am, the CE of 14 was selling for $25 a few months after release. Few people were still buying them too (but then again 14 was an absolute disaster)

[quote name='ken9']I'm kinda stuck on this too but I just decided I'm gonna pre-order it and make my decision when it comes out lool. Just deciding if I should pre-order at Best Buy or on amazon... hmm...[/QUOTE]

Go for Amazon, no tax and the preorder bonus at Amazon seems like the best one (boss battle vs. Omega who can then join your party), better than GameStop's extra costume for Serah anyway. Not sure if Best Buy even has a pre-order bonus.

I pre-ordered through Best Buy since it's the only physical item offered as a bonus (plus I don't have to wait for the UPS truck), and DLC will surely be available for all if you want to pay for it later. It's probably a pretty tiny book, but I'm a sucker. I doubt this would drop much considering it contains the entire OST.

Can't wait to sink another 100 hours into the XIII universe :bouncy:

bread's done
Back