FFXIV ARR (PS3/Standard Edition) + $10 Amazon credit

Aww crap.  I preordered the PC CE from SE site, but I forgot to get my copy of the ps3 one from amazon.  Oh well.  At least me and the wife can play on pc still.  Nothing sucks more though than to think you preordered and didn't though.  Guess I'll have to suffer the gamestop treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they will offer the $10 off with collector. Amazon usually don't offer deals to collectors.

The GMG deal is nice but its digital only. Still is the cheapest way to get it if you want digital PC. I purchased standard off them (just registration key/preorder bonus for my gf) and wanted to change it to CE but could not. Their sales are final even if its just a pre-order, just a warning in that regard.

As for buying PC and playing on PS3. Can't; PS3 and PC versions are different registration keys. You have to buy both version if you want to play on both consoles. If you had the old FFXIV 1.0 then you don't need to buy a PC version, you get it for "free"(already own it). I'd still pre-order it for the bonus but that's just me.

If its like efficient you don't need to have different codes to play on both. You can buy the ps3 version and then torrent the pc client and play on both with one account. Or buy the pc one and some how install it on ps3

Aww crap. I preordered the PC CE from SE site, but I forgot to get my copy of the ps3 one from amazon. Oh well. At least me and the wife can play on pc still. Nothing sucks more though than to think you preordered and didn't though. Guess I'll have to suffer the gamestop treatment.
Newegg still have it for $5 shipping, 3 business day delivery. For some people it's still cheaper than on Amazon due to tax. But the Newegg one didn't mention any pre-order bonus. How does the pre-order bonuses work? If it comes with the key, then it shouldn't be problem.

If its like efficient you don't need to have different codes to play on both. You can buy the ps3 version and then torrent the pc client and play on both with one account. Or buy the pc one and some how install it on ps3
I think you need to unlock your account to use the PC client first. Here is a Q&A from the square enix forum:

Which of these are possible scenarios when registering copies of the game:
Square Enix Account
- FFXIV Service Account 1 (Windows) < the pre-existing account
- FFXIV Service Account 2 (PS3)

Square Enix Account
- FFXIV Service Account (Windows & PS3)

If they are, does that mean in the first case service account 1 is PC only and service account 2 is PS3 only? Also, in the latter case, would I be able to play on the PC and PS3 at the same time?

Both scenarios are possible:

"in the first case service account 1 is PC only and service account 2 is PS3 only?"
This is correct.

"in the latter case, would I be able to play on the PC and PS3 at the same time?"
Unfortunately, you won't be able to log in with both at the same time.

I currently possess a legacy account for the PC. Can you tell me if these hypothetical scenarios are correct?
a. I purchase the PS3 collector's edition, and register the product code and bonus item code to my current service account.
→ I receive all of the bonus in game items on my legacy account, and can play on the PC or PS3. I cannot play with two accounts, and only one FF14 service account shows up on my Square Enix account.

b. I purchase the PS3 collector's edition, but register both the product code and bonus item code to a separate service account.
→There is no change to the legacy account, and I can only log in from my PC. I can play on two separate accounts at the same time, one of them being PS3 only with my all my bonus items. My Square Enix account also shows two FFXIV service accounts.

c. I purchase the PS3 collector's edition, I register the product code to a separate account, but the bonus item code to my legacy account.
→My legacy account has the preorder bonus items, and I can only log in to it from my PC. I can also play on my PS3 account separately at the same time. My Square Enix account also shows two FFXIV service accounts.

All three scenarios are correct with this exception:
The collector's edition bonus items are included in the product code, so any registration of the product code to a specific service account would include all the bonus items solely to that service account. Pre-order bonus item codes however are separate and can be registered to any service account.

New egg does not have the Pre-order bonus. I'd recommend Gamestop for CE + pre order item if wan't the physical items. If not craving the physical items just get standard and do digital upgrade after launch for $20 more. Is cheaper than physical version. Green Man Gaming 25% off deal is even better if you don't care about having any sort of physical item.

A reminder to everyone who is currently in the beta that Wednesday 7/10/2013 @2AM PDT is Beta until Monday 2AM PDT. This will be the last Phase 3 beta. The following one after this will be open beta for everyone.

Phase 4 is Open beta and carries over to the main game. After Phase 4 Beta there's a few days of nothing then Early Access which is like 3-5 days before launch in which everyone who pre-order gets to play the launch game early. It is then that your pre-order (and everyone elses) will work to download the client and play.

Sadly I don't have a PS3 Beta code to give away or I'd help you bjstucker.

Already pre ordered. Don't have any friends that play, but im playing the beta and I'm really enjoying this game. Never played any MMOs in the past.

If anyone is getting this my PSN is DaBears201. Not sure how to add people in game though.

I don't know any friends would play it either. After you selected the world, you can't change it later, right? I wonder whether cag on western coast would make a gild or something so we can play on the same server.

I don't know any friends would play it either. After you selected the world, you can't change it later, right? I wonder whether cag on western coast would make a gild or something so we can play on the same server.
There is the world selector in the upper right corner of the screen of character selection.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Reborn-Download/dp/B00CMSCV4Q

PC standard and collector edition digital version now has $5 credit.

If you want in game collector edition items you can always digital upgrade($20) after the game launches.

item.png

Buying CE digital just skips the extra step of having to do the upgrade after game launch. Either way you be saving $5. I find digital version a good purchase IF you bough the PS3 version and want to play on PC, or if you have a love one/friend and bought a physical copy and need another registration key so that other person can play with you. Lastly, if you just don't care for physical disks.

Somewhat important to note that if you pre-ordered the game you get early access and

caitsith.png
mogcap.png

which means that you will have the game installed before your disk arrive to your house, essentially meaning that you will not use it, just the registration key.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N_ruqUF1Sc&feature=youtu.be

New video showing basically lots of different player one after another in different types of class armor/weapon/vanity some never before seen for the beta players to easter hunt. Next beta phase should be in August. Considering August 1 they releasing the benchmark to customize characters so you can just pick and play on launch and August 8 is the live video blog. My guess is Phase 4 begins August 9. Every character made in Phase 4 carries over to launch so it will be a big deal for everyone trying to get ahead of the pack.

I know they will make a Samurai job because Yoshida express interest in. There is not any official confirmation on Ninja or Samurai. If Ninja does come out, I highly doubt it will be a tank since Warrior and Paladin are filling that role at the moment. Ninja tanking was a happy accident in FFXI; It was never meant to be a tank.

The new class right now is Arcanist with Summoner and Scholar Jobs.

bread's done
Back