FGT #15 answers the age-old question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JEKKI']text book answer vs. street smarts mang.

you're on sum mana knight shyt rite now[/QUOTE]
i didn't know jokes and puns were in the textbook

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Where did you find new springs for a TE? I couldn't find any on Lizard Lick.[/QUOTE]
Jimbo,

If you're looking to tighten up the spring in your JLF you can try taking it out and stretching it. If nothing else, it'll make the stick a little stiffer until LizardLick gets them back in-stock.

I also did a mod a while back with a spring from Home Depot that I read about on SRK. They have this pack of 48 springs for pretty cheap but unfortunately you only get like 3-4 (of the same kind) that are usable in a JLF. I used one of those and a JLF spring and it's not bad, but was a little too stiff for what I prefer. I've gone back to the stock spring.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, dude was crying because Popeye's gives you a biscuit with meals.

Boo hoo.[/QUOTE]
I've never wanted to slap that bastard's face more than right now.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I've never wanted to slap that bastard's face more than right now.[/QUOTE]

Really? This was the one thing that pissed you off the most?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Dude, it's no joke.

How can you hate biscuits?[/QUOTE]

Your argument is valid, but it's mana ... mana.

[quote name='distgfx']Your argument is valid, but it's mana ... mana.[/QUOTE]

It's the straw that broke the camel's back.

He can like all of the effeminate 15 year old blue haired boys in the world, own ever single PSP RPG ever made, and eat KFC popcorn chicken while doing a wicked 360 tail grab off of a snowbank, but nobody gets a free pass on hating biscuits. :nottalking:

[quote name='distgfx']Really? This was the one thing that pissed you off the most?[/QUOTE]I don't give him attention like everyone else seems to love to do. So to answer your question, yes.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Dude, it's no joke.

How can you hate biscuits?[/QUOTE]
The only acceptable reason to hate biscuits is if you are somehow deathly allergic to them. And even then...so worth it.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']The only acceptable reason to hate biscuits is if you are somehow deathly allergic to them. And even then...so worth it.[/QUOTE]
i made biscuits one time by rendering my own bison tallow.

YEAH JEKKI
YOU CAN PUT THAT IN YOUR TEXTBOOK

[quote name='MtlTom']Jimbo,

If you're looking to tighten up the spring in your JLF you can try taking it out and stretching it. If nothing else, it'll make the stick a little stiffer until LizardLick gets them back in-stock.

I also did a mod a while back with a spring from Home Depot that I read about on SRK. They have this pack of 48 springs for pretty cheap but unfortunately you only get like 3-4 (of the same kind) that are usable in a JLF. I used one of those and a JLF spring and it's not bad, but was a little too stiff for what I prefer. I've gone back to the stock spring.[/QUOTE]

I ended up ordering a Seimitsu LS-32 spring. It was only like a dollar and I was ordering new buttons anyway so at least it will be cheap and I will get to see if I like it or not. If I can't get down with it, I'll be sure to ask for more details on the Home Depot thing. I really like some resistance on my stick.

[quote name='panzerfaust']So is MK9 a game to take seriously?
[/QUOTE]

Depends on who you ask.

A good amount of my friends who play would say yes.

For me, I'm sort of in the middle of the road. The game is definitely fun, but there are some issues that need to be addressed/patched.

One of my main gripes of the gameplay is how meter works/meter management. What makes that worse is the "First Hit" Bonus that this game gives you. Whoever scores the first hit when the rounds starts gets an automatic 1 bar of meter. Which means there are a lot of times where you are down maybe 65% to 90-95% and the other person has X-Ray maybe 10-15 seconds into the match. This makes it more of an uphill battle to comeback, since the opponent already has a sizable lead and they have a braindead way of landing a 35-40% X-Ray on you to finish out the match. With some characters having a lead and a X-Ray fully loaded means jumping/teleporting is no longer an option (Ex. Cyrax, Kung Lao)

I had the above happen so many times when I sessioned on Monday with a couple of my friends. I got hit once against Sub-Zero (giving him the 1 bar boost), then trying to find a way around Specials (which build meter on their own blocked/unblocked), when I finally get in my friend already has an X-Ray loaded. It was pretty annoying.

With many other FGs you either have Super, Ultra or whatever because you've either:

A) Saved the meter (after you've worked to earn it)
B) (In the case of SFIV): Getting your ass whooped so you get Ultra

MK9 just feels to me that there are too many opportunities where the game GIVES you meter for really nothing. I know at first NeatherRealm wanted to distinguish itself from say Capcom games on how you build meter to avoid Turtling or building too much meter via Rushdown. But it sort of fails when you can land a first hit (bonus) and throw out specials (for zoning characters this will happen) and build meter so fast.

Although it's random, don't let me get into the "Dan Toasty" meter boost that happens in the game. So random!

Damn, I was thinking about stopping by this tournament this weekend to mop up these nerds and then I read the tournament rules and prizes

http://tsgaming.forummotion.com/t15-tmg-2011-spring-marvel-vs-capcom-3-tournament-rules

60 second time limit. ಠ_ಠ

"Final 4 get no Second Chances/Play for Keeps" I have no idea what this means, honestly I have no clue If you continue on it says this "IMPORTANT: Those who make it to the Final Bracket, Have No Second Chance. Once you are there, you fight for keeps. Final Bracket is the Winner's Bracket, Prizes are Guaranteed."

Entry Fee: $10 Prizes: First - Wireless Tekken 6 Arcade Stick (PS3) Second - Wired Street Fighter 4 Arcade Stick (PS3). The cost of entry to prize ration is ridiculously horrible.

"Repeated use of Cheap-Shots (Same move over and over again) may result in a default loss (Debatable)" DA fuck?

I actually bothered to send the guy and email basically saying "WTF is this shit?".

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Entry Fee: $10 Prizes: First - Wireless Tekken 6 Arcade Stick (PS3) Second - Wired Street Fighter 4 Arcade Stick (PS3). The cost of entry to prize ration is ridiculously horrible.

"Repeated use of Cheap-Shots (Same move over and over again) may result in a default loss (Debatable)" DA fuck?

I actually bothered to send the guy and email basically saying "WTF is this shit?".[/QUOTE]

Just to reiterate graphically...

wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_We_dont_say_quotGermanquot_in_America-s400x297-59009-535.jpg

Reminds me of teaching fighters to people:

*sweep*
"block low"
*sweep*
"block low"
*sweep*
"block low, man"
*sweep*
"hold down, back*

"MAN fuck THIS CHEAP SHIT, IT'S WHY I DONT PLAY BUTTON MASHING GAMES"

:cry:

[quote name='panzerfaust']Reminds me of teaching fighters to people:

*sweep*
"block low"
*sweep*
"block low"
*sweep*
"block low, man"
*sweep*
"hold down, back*

"MAN fuck THIS CHEAP SHIT, IT'S WHY I DONT PLAY BUTTON MASHING GAMES"

:cry:[/QUOTE]

They give up before they even try. How about the classic "Hey, I wanna learn fighters!" You give them a casual session and they never show up again.

And get me everytime

1st time -- oh I see how it is..
2nd time -- ok wow so you're that guy
3rd time -- ok really I had way too much faith in you, fuck this

turn off brain and win

[quote name='distgfx']They give up before they even try. How about the classic "Hey, I wanna learn fighters!" You give them a casual session and they never show up again.[/QUOTE]

The worst is when they say to not hold back but you say they wont like the game if you go all out. Then they say that won't happen... then it happens. :(

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The worst is when they say to not hold back but you say they wont like the game if you go all out. Then they say that won't happen... then it happens. :([/QUOTE]

I don't go all out on them even when they ask, I just focus on punishing their mashing.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Damn, I was thinking about stopping by this tournament this weekend to mop up these nerds and then I read the tournament rules and prizes

http://tsgaming.forummotion.com/t15-tmg-2011-spring-marvel-vs-capcom-3-tournament-rules

60 second time limit. ಠ_ಠ

"Final 4 get no Second Chances/Play for Keeps" I have no idea what this means, honestly I have no clue If you continue on it says this "IMPORTANT: Those who make it to the Final Bracket, Have No Second Chance. Once you are there, you fight for keeps. Final Bracket is the Winner's Bracket, Prizes are Guaranteed."

Entry Fee: $10 Prizes: First - Wireless Tekken 6 Arcade Stick (PS3) Second - Wired Street Fighter 4 Arcade Stick (PS3). The cost of entry to prize ration is ridiculously horrible.

I actually bothered to send the guy and email basically saying "WTF is this shit?".[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of an all day tournament (for several games) on the UCSC Campus in Santa Cruz. Tournament Organizer said Sticks were banned because they gave players an unfair advantage :lol:

:lol: at not allowing Shuma Gorath and Jill.

[quote name='distgfx']I don't go all out on them even when they ask, I just focus on punishing their mashing.[/QUOTE]

same here. to make it fun for myself I make it a point to try things in the fight that I normally never do.

[quote name='distgfx']I don't go all out on them even when they ask, I just focus on punishing their mashing.[/QUOTE]
It's funny when you just sit back and let them tucker themselves out and punish all the stupid stuff. The best part is the reaction is usually "WHAT THE fuck, YOU JUST BLOCK THE ENTIRE TIME."

The thing I absolutely hate is when you try to give insightful advice and tips and you get the "I don't play this game all the time like you, I just play it for fun." :cry:

Hey Guys!

Level|up lwill be streaming the season finale for ranbat 3.

To start off we will be having a Interview with Aaron Kaufman Global
Community Manager of WWE and UFC Games from THQ and we will be doing a
mini WWE All Stars tournament. Aaron will also be answering select
questions off of the #WNF hashtag.

Next we will showing some pool play from the MK tournament and then
finish off with MVC3 pools and top8!

Also Mad Catz and THQ are teaming up to 'layeth the smackdown' of
prizes to WNF viewers tonight see http://www.levelup-series.com/ for
details.

The stream starts tonight at 8pm on www.justin.tv/leveluplive

[quote name='MtlTom']The thing I absolutely hate is when you try to give insightful advice and tips and you get the "I don't play this game all the time like you, I just play it for fun." :cry:[/QUOTE]

I think we all play them for fun, we just play them more than once a year.

[quote name='Shingin']The stream starts tonight at 8pm on www.justin.tv/leveluplive[/QUOTE]

PST?

EDIT: Yup.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']"Repeated use of Cheap-Shots (Same move over and over again) may result in a default loss (Debatable)" [/QUOTE]
Better brush up on your debate skills.

[quote name='kainzero']Better brush up on your debate skills.[/QUOTE]

Hard to want to debate when the first place prize is shit. :cry:

Jimbob's gonna get DQ'd for doing two throws in a single match.

[quote name='distgfx']Hard to want to debate when the first place prize is shit. :cry:

Jimbob's gonna get DQ'd for doing two throws in a single match.[/QUOTE]
You could always just sell the prize on dat ebay.

Or turn it into a lunchbox!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']You could always just sell the prize on dat ebay.

Or turn it into a lunchbox![/QUOTE]

It'd be a shitty lunchbox, and I'd feel sorry for anybody who would actually pay money for that stick.

Please feel sorry for me.

who eats garbage for lunch?

unless yuo're talking about Taco Bell... then yeay that's garbage,

my lunchbox has a roast beef sandwich, 2 oranges, and a kit kat

[quote name='JEKKI']who eats garbage for lunch?

unless yuo're talking about Taco Bell... then yeay that's garbage,

my lunchbox has a roast beef sandwich, 2 oranges, and a kit kat[/QUOTE]

Well, at least it's good garbage.

[quote name='SmallWind']smallwind's video[/QUOTE]

i was expecting the end to say something like

"NONE of these people are coming"

[quote name='distgfx']Garbage?[/QUOTE]
sengoku basura x

i just mixed up 3 languages
write that in your textbook jekki

Status
Not open for further replies.