FGT #15 answers the age-old question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone got an archive of the PDP Mortal Kombat tournament?[/QUOTE]

Check teamsp00ky's Justin.tv archive

agh, now I can go back to using the TE+combat panel.

New team. IT'S FOR ME ONLY!

BobSagat.jpg

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Sodium is flowing after spending about an hour on MvC3 online.[/QUOTE]

Are you playing randoms online? If so, STOP! :) That kind of shit only makes you worse.

GG's to Esper in MVC3 yesterday/today. The Wolverine Mirror is hilarious.

[quote name='asianxcore']Are you playing randoms online? If so, STOP! :) That kind of shit only makes you worse.

GG's to Esper in MVC3 yesterday/today. The Wolverine Mirror is hilarious.[/QUOTE]

GGs axc. The whole objective of that mirror match was to see who can land the first dive kick , lol :]. The mirror match sometimes confuses the hell out of me, I couldn't tell who's who (which wolverine) on screen. I must be color blind.

Capcom, where's my wolv. alt costume?
wolverine-20060502054702731.jpg

[quote name='asianxcore']Are you playing randoms online? If so, STOP! :) That kind of shit only makes you worse.

GG's to Esper in MVC3 yesterday/today. The Wolverine Mirror is hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Yeah dude. I had to... I've been teaching myself Storm to potentially run instead of Wesker (as a back-up point character) and I wanted to test her out. But yeah, it really doesn't do anything for ya except make me rage.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah dude. I had to... I've been teaching myself Storm to potentially run instead of Wesker (as a back-up point character) and I wanted to test her out. But yeah, it really doesn't do anything for ya except make me rage.[/QUOTE]

At the very least stick to playing MVC3 against people you know :lol:

[quote name='Esper']GGs axc. The whole objective of that mirror match was to see who can land the first dive kick , lol :]. The mirror match sometimes confuses the hell out of me, I couldn't tell who's who (which wolverine) on screen. I must be color blind.
[/QUOTE]

Very true. Even then it comes down to who can bait the best/fastest or even who has the better Assist to make that happen.

I always pick the Blue Wolvie because my team has to be one of the color-coordinated ones.

Also at one point your team was dubbed "Team Everyone's Point Characters"

[quote name='asianxcore']
Also at one point your team was dubbed "Team Everyone's Point Characters"[/QUOTE]

lol!, I like that name.

[quote name='Esper']lol!, I like that name.[/QUOTE]

Haha it was when you played Wolv/Zero/Mags, I started laughing to myself because I was thinking "Esper just picked an entire team of Point Characters with no life"

Also for anyone I know here that tunes in on Wednesdays for IPW's stream of my local gathering/session in NorCal......I will be taking a much needed break from those sessions, probably will be extended. Going to try and keep organizing the sessions as long as I can but I won't be in attendance for a while.

[quote name='Shingin']I'll be streaming WNF tonight on http://justin.tv/leveluplive at 8pm!

We will be streaming AH3, MK9 and MVC3!

Next week level|up will be streaming UFGT7 in Chicago![/QUOTE]
Wait what happened with offcast?

Edit: Oh, they were just testing leveluplive equipment for that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I'll bother you guys about this, but me and Rolento will be meeting up Monday night to play some old-school fighters on PS2 and then head to the Barcade. This will be taking place in Brooklyn, NY.

Let me know if anyone can make it, we actually have 1 spot left in our hotel room if anyone needs it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45760/

and

http://www.direct2drive.com/10837/product/Buy-Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-Edition-Download

Good signs! Though there are a few things that people might want to know.

-SSF4 AE PC version has GFWL
-Steam 4 pack makes it $30 per person
-Pre-order D2D is $35

Requirements:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz and up
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 and up supported (operation on-board is not guaranteed)
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 and up (except for NVIDIA GeForce 7300), VRAM: 256MB and up (operation sharing with main memory is not guaranteed)
Hard Drive: 4.5 GB free hard drive space
Sound: DirectSound, DirectX9.0c Compatible Audio
Other Requirements: Online play requires software installation of and log-in to Games For Windows - LIVE

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo 2.0 GHz and up
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 and up supported (operation on-board is not guaranteed)
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 and up, VRAM: 512MB and up (operation sharing with main memory is not guaranteed)
Hard Drive: 4.5 GB free hard drive space
Sound: DirectSound, DirectX9.0c Compatible Audio

So no excuses, this thing can run on shit hardware. Which makes me wonder why are their problems with the game? I'll be on both PSN and PC.

[quote name='jimbo slice']last time i'll bother you guys about this, but me and rolento will be meeting up monday night to play some old-school fighters on ps2 and then head to the barcade. This will be taking place in brooklyn, ny.

Let me know if anyone can make it, we actually have 1 spot left in our hotel room if anyone needs it.[/quote]

too far

I cannot get out of the fuerte wake up game. I wish there was a way to identify his jump animations in time so you can react to either the splash or grab properly, but it's a guessing game entirely. An LP Shoouken can sweep me out of a lot of it, but christ there is no way to beat fuerte and look graceful doing so.

My buddy plays a great one and so I get tons of practice, but it's still a 7-3 in his favor.

Looking for more practice partners at all times, feel free to message me whenever I'm on. I play Sak.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I cannot get out of the fuerte wake up game. I wish there was a way to identify his jump animations in time so you can react to either the splash or grab properly, but it's a guessing game entirely. An LP Shoouken can sweep me out of a lot of it, but christ there is no way to beat fuerte and look graceful doing so.

My buddy plays a great one and so I get tons of practice, but it's still a 7-3 in his favor.

Looking for more practice partners at all times, feel free to message me whenever I'm on. I play Sak.[/QUOTE]

The answer is to not get knocked down. Find out which of your normals trade or stuff and work from there.

I'm tired as balls and sore as fuck from Blip Fest last night mostly due to mosh pits and dancing... Right now at blip fest day 2 sitting and recouping.

I was so tired on my walk home I didn't realize I passed on sex from this super hot euro drunk chic >_<

Chugged a red bull today so I don't make the same mistake tonight

FGT barcade time this Monday... Looking forward to it. Good way to end trip ^_^

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Mini FGT meetup next week... looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

In the Middle East? Glad to hear about SF4 AE for PC... too bad my laptop's motherboard is so fucked it doesn't even run Windows anymore. :booty:

[quote name='PhrostByte']In the Middle East? Glad to hear about SF4 AE for PC... too bad my laptop's motherboard is so fucked it doesn't even run Windows anymore. :booty:[/QUOTE]

At least it can still run Mint.

[quote name='panzerfaust']justin wong is in my pool for SSF4 =[ [/QUOTE]

Dawg, time to practice on them resets yo. You could pull off the unthinkable if you send him to losers.

lol, looking through the rest it seems most people going are pretty reputable players, i'm totally out of place. on the off chance that i do have a moment, you guys better be watching the stream =p

my handle will be holdthephone

[quote name='panzerfaust']lol, looking through the rest it seems most people going are pretty reputable players, i'm totally out of place. on the off chance that i do have a moment, you guys better be watching the stream =p

my handle will be holdthephone[/QUOTE]

I'll be watching, you going to stick with Sakura?

[quote name='panzerfaust']lol, looking through the rest it seems most people going are pretty reputable players, i'm totally out of place. on the off chance that i do have a moment, you guys better be watching the stream =p

my handle will be holdthephone[/QUOTE]

Watch on stream? Shit man I'll be there to psych some fools out. VEGAS! I go to Vegas during evo because there is nothing to do at Vegas during the day that doesn't involve money. This way I can enjoy my day time hungover watching people play for keeps with bad body odor and spend my night getting shitty at some club/strip club. I'll even open my room for some salty CAG matches. Watch me rage in real life, HULK STATUS.

VEGAS, its how I roll. Shit July is in 2 months.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Haha I won't be attending Evo itself, this is just a qualifier tournament, but a huge one for the midwest nonetheless.

UFGT7 - Evo 2011 Tournament Season Qualifier - Chicago IL

It's all this weekend, and a stream with Level Up commentators should be going. I'm sticking with Sakura for that ambiguous jumping fierce :cool: -- and I don't really have an alternative.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a smart phone? Post when you're about to fight if you do!

A few of my milwaukee friends are going to UFGT - look for Alex(Keranata), a kind of taller, lanky looking dude with real long hair. He's an absolute beast at MvC3. He could do very well if tournament jitters don't mess him up.

I was going to go down but adding up the costs it started to get a little ridiculous. ($40 venue fee, entry fees, Hotel room, Food, Gas, etc) My wife and I are planning a vacation in July too so we've been putting money aside for that.

I'll be on that stream all weekend though.

[quote name='B:L']E3 or ReveLAtions... hmm...[/QUOTE]let's go to Chego!!

Im serious! I wanna go!!!

I think it should be close by...

Any of you guys going to CEO? Unfortunately I can't get off Fri or Sat for the tournament but I'm gunna try to go Sunday for the BYOC area & finals.

[quote name='MtlTom']Any of you guys going to CEO? Unfortunately I can't get off Fri or Sat for the tournament but I'm gunna try to go Sunday for the BYOC area & finals.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. Still waiting on a friend to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back