FGT XXI is finally old enough to drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Post info please. I want a spot. Once I get that spot I need to get a plane ride figured out.[/QUOTE]

you better be there!!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Post info please. I want a spot. Once I get that spot I need to get a plane ride figured out.[/QUOTE]we check in on thrusday and check out monday.

so 4 nites @ 245.28 (after tax rate) divided by the # of ppl we have staying a nite.

rite now we're sitting on 5 doods in the room, and we got the most expensive room coz we're all young kids with jobs,

but yah there's definitely space for more ppl, we fit 6 during my first Evo as well as during Magfest once Jim showed up and that room was hella small, this one will be much bigger.

245 a night? shit man, thats too rich for my blood. I got Super 8 thats one block behind and on the other side of the strip for like 60 a night. I'll come by and say hello though.

Texas Showdown in Houston is this weekend. They only have 50 people pre-registered for SC, yet they are sticking to what seems like a nonsensical schedule that all the EVO ranked games are being held to - Pools to top 32 on Friday, Top 32 to finals on Sat. Finals on Sunday.

Thats 3 days for a tournament small enough to run in a single afternoon.

Maybe you'll see me on the stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/planetzero
http://www.twitch.tv/shinkensou

What's everyone's view on the time outs? I play locally and still people insist on the basic abc launcher whenever they get a chance, but I feel time can be tight regardless of damage output. The game just feels constructed to not rely on much team synergy at all, you just manage your health bars and tag accordingly.

With a 99s timer and 2 potential 1v1 matches, the game does feel at a disagreement with itself in terms of speed.

i think some characters are hard to break defensively because throws suck (shotos + guile, for example) and with some characters it's hard to set up overhead traps. that's the only time i can think of where time out would be a problem. i get a lot of damage because people press buttons, and there's really no reason to in this game.
i like steve but if the opponent just goes downback all day, what can you do?

however i also feel like with one or two bars you can do 500 damage with almost everybody so at half life the game becomes exciting.

[quote name='kainzero']245.28 a night?! @_@[/QUOTE]it's $219 before the 12% tax.

the next lowest option is $199 which means you only save yourself about $20 after we split it amongst ourselves.

finally the lowest tier is $159, which if u guys really want feel free to suggest it.

in comparison, getting rates off of CP's website are that much worse.

the rates are not uniform across nites, and the cheapest single bed room will set you back $299 for saturday and sunday.

the room I got, Palace Tower Deluxe 2 beds, peaks at $379 saturday nite, and its low $239 rate on thrusday is still more than what the overall Evo rate is.

we are on the Strip so getting around by foot will not be a problem, if u guys wanna look at other options feel free to say something.

@JEKKI: i almost forgot that that was how much we paid for it last time. i'm down.

i made the mistake of reading SRK for SFxTK, yup, nonstop bitch fest.
i feel like i'm the only person that likes the game, i think it's fun and exciting and there's lot of stuff to explore with, i can spend hours in training mode figuring out new things, i love all the tekken chars and they're so refreshing compared to sf chars, etc.

they're bitching about ewgf and how broken it is. lol

Thanks for the info Frankie! I'll post up more about my squad and the things I'm working on when I'm not on my phone.

Peter that room works for me! But if we wanna look at other options I'm cool. Thing you gotta remember is that it's really not that much when you break it down by person. Less than 200 for a 4 day weekend in Vegas at a ballin room doesn't sound like much.

Anyone got a link for a stream tonight? Preferrably Marvel. Need something to watch when I'm on the treadmill.

So I can jump in on the room as well. Price is honestly not a probelm

If its too many people I don't mind (if allowed) chillin with foley's crew if he's got one.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Room for spoonen?[/QUOTE]

You tell me.

IMG_20120405_132311.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Imma just drive to Vegas and sleep in my shitty car. [/QUOTE]liar.

u kno what you're really gonna do?!?!

nothing.

If by "nothing" you mean "get hella drunk, fry up some food, sit around watching streams, and masturbating", then yes, I'll be doing nothing. ^__^

real talk mang, if u come not only will I cover your share of the room, I'll pay for your buffet as well.

that's my offer!

[quote name='JEKKI']real talk mang, if u come not only will I cover your share of the room, I'll pay for your buffet as well.

that's my offer![/QUOTE]

Holy fuck, you must be damned sure hank won't come.

[quote name='distgfx']Holy fuck, you must be damned sure hank won't come.[/QUOTE]

He's pumping with both hands and sucking on the tip. That's how hard he's trying to get me to come.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']So I can jump in on the room as well. Price is honestly not a probelm

If its too many people I don't mind (if allowed) chillin with foley's crew if he's got one.[/QUOTE]

You better be there!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']So can i crash with you guys or will I have to set my head near hank's car seat stains?[/QUOTE]

crash with us in the FGT room

[quote name='distgfx']Holy fuck, you must be damned sure hank won't come.[/QUOTE]maaaaaan I dont think my offer is really deserving of such harsh obscenities...

u want in too?? then same offer applies.

but if u both come then I'll cover half of yallz room share, but u both still get a buffet!!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']So can i crash with you guys or will I have to set my head near hank's car seat stains?[/QUOTE]lol it's been implied like a million times by a million ppl,

but NO u are not allowed in our room!!

JK.

there is no other place u belong in other than with us.

but only if u actually come

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Made it into top 16. Now just one win away from getting an EVO seed.[/QUOTE]

you can do eet

i keep spending too much time in sfxt training mode >_<
it's not like i'm learning new characters either, lol

juri - aa c.hp - jc.hp - pandora ling - qcb+PP for a little over 50%

i totally wanna pandora someone

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']How the fudge do I combo with Vergil? He is so confusing to play as.[/QUOTE]

Your execution has to be on point, especially if you are playing him the non-derpy way.

By non-derpy way I mean playing a Vergil based team that doesn't involved a straight OTG assist (EX: Felicia Sand Splash or Wesker Gun Shot).

Gotta learn those Round Trip Loops.

A friend of mine that I play with locally has a team similar to this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TMMmIJqYsE

[quote name='JEKKI']
lol it's been implied like a million times by a million ppl,

but NO u are not allowed in our room!!

JK.

there is no other place u belong in other than with us.

but only if u actually come[/QUOTE]

sorry for late reply... fucking grad school can suck dick

I'm down.

Anyone ever use the Hori Fighting Commander 3 pro? I ordered one because I felt like the controller would be better than the DS3 becausemofmthe 6 face buttons, and with the ability to switch the l buttons to the right side you can have access to all 8 buttons on one side of the controller.

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']YOOO Peter can i get in on the cag room too? Ill crash on the floor no prob[/QUOTE]lol you're already part of the confirmed 5.

Anyone picking up Skullgirls?

Probably going to pick it up for 360, since I haven't been playing SFxT at all, mostly just UMVC3.

Eventually will get it for both systems.

Traded my copy of SF x T in at Gamestop. Seeing as how I paid $18 out of my own pocket for it, I was happy to get almost double the amount back.

Bought Skullgirls for PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'm happy.

[quote name='JEKKI']u want in too?? then same offer applies.[/QUOTE]

You're making me cry, Jekki.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I think my latest purchase is probably FGT approved...[/QUOTE]

It is.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sorry for late reply... fucking grad school can suck dick

I'm down.[/QUOTE]

You're getting paid to go to grad school, no complaining allowed.

[quote name='asianxcore']Traded my copy of SF x T in at Gamestop. Seeing as how I paid $18 out of my own pocket for it, I was happy to get almost double the amount back.

Bought Skullgirls for PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

I'm not.

aw man dont cry lol.

Ima pick up Skull Girls soon.

one reason coz the team worked hard on it and deserve money.

two becoz of the soundtrack.

omg, that soundtrack :whee:

also ttt2 in september. yes.
hopefully netcode is good so i don't have to go gatherings. and i can stop playing sfxt.

[quote name='kainzero']also ttt2 in september. yes.[/QUOTE]

Yes, can't wait.

[quote name='kainzero']hopefully netcode is good[/QUOTE]

SCV seemed decent, hopefully that's a good sign... maybe?

[quote name='kainzero']and i can stop playing sfxt.[/QUOTE]

Never.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYewwHlglXQ

Don't care if it's tool-assisted, still awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played SFxT for a couple hours yesterday.. so far not really a fan.

Doesn't feel nearly as fluid as SFIV or even Tekken 6. The jump-ins feel really strange.. not a fan of the gem system either (too lazy to learn what each gem does). Also.. what's the deal with the PS3 getting a bunch of exclusive characters? The DLC I can almost live with but even with the DLC the 360 version still gets less characters... wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back