FIFA 10 League/Tournament - Sign-ups here

Galego23

Banned
So I guess we just make an "official" league thread and see how many people we can actually get to sign-up.

Like I suggested in the other thread, I think we should do something similar to Champions/Euro League where we have a group stage, then Round of 16(or whatever amount we have), quarter finals, etc.

I don't think we should limit what team we are allowed to use, I would want Real Madrid but if everyone is really against that I'd settle for another team(probably Sevilla or Villareal). Real Madrid is the only team I've ever rooted for though so that's where my alliance lies.

I guess just leave your thoughts on ideas of running a league and what teams you would like to use.

Galego23- Real Madrid / Spain
Dillon - Arsenal / Argentina
xblaze - Chelsea / ?
Tr4ilblazer - Barcelona / ?
Homeland - Lyon / France
Soodmeg - Man City / Cameroon
IvanHood - AC Milan / Brazil
onewinged - Bayern / Germany
irish - Liverpool / England
styler24 - Juventus / USA
Goodfella- Inter Milan / Netherlands
Costa - Man Utd / Portugal
scrubobk - Sevilla / ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Remind me closer to release of the game. I will take my boy Dejemba Dejemba and the Cameroon squad if we are doing national, Manchester City if we are doing club.

I know Ivan said he was interested as well, like sood mentioned I guess more people will sign up closer to release date.

We could do a World Cup tourney as well as a Club tourney if people are really interested especially if we're only going to be 8 or 10 people playing.

That is stupid considering it doesn't really matter what team you are! If you have to be that way I will take Valencia/France.

[quote name='frhsirish']That is stupid considering it doesn't really matter what team you are! If you have to be that way I will take Valencia/France.[/QUOTE]

I have already called France.

Wow, I am the only one taking a non power house in both club and national? It will make it all the sweeter when the boys from Camaroon is kicking ass.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, I am the only one taking a non power house in both club and national? It will make it all the sweeter when the boys from Camaroon is kicking ass.[/QUOTE]

Haha abit true. I would love to have a second tier tournament so I can be my true favorite St. Etienne.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, I am the only one taking a non power house in both club and national? It will make it all the sweeter when the boys from Camaroon is kicking ass.[/QUOTE]

Man City isn't a powerhouse? You're kidding right? lol

I'm willing to bet they are top 10 ratings wise when the game comes out.

[quote name='homeland']I have already called France.[/QUOTE]

Wow! This is a load of crap. I will take England, and I can not wait to kick everyone's ass!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Galego23']Man City isn't a powerhouse? You're kidding right? lol

I'm willing to bet they are top 10 ratings wise when the game comes out.[/QUOTE]

The hell? You are insane if you think Mach City is some type of power house in terms of soccer clubs. The 5 star rating doesnt really mean anything in the game.

I think in the last 5 years I have only played a hand full of Man Citys, Especially before Robinho.

A quick list in no order at all can easily show you that Man City wouldnt even been in the top 15 let alone the top ten.

Man U,
Real Madrid,
Ac Milan,
Chelsea,
Arsenal,
Inter Milan,
Juve,
FC Barca,
Bayern Munich,
Liverpool,

Etc etc.

Still, they have a solid roster in terms of Fifa 10. (4-4-2) Adebayor/Tevez as strikers.. Robinho/SWP on the wings. Barry/Ireland/De Jong/Kompany central midfield pool. Zabaleta/Lescott/Toure/Bridge defensive line.. and you got Micah Richards in there who can slot in for anyone of them. Given is one of the better keepers in the Premiership. Bellamy/Roque still left to be accounted for. On paper, this team is no slouch in the game.

[quote name='xblaze23']Still, they have a solid roster in terms of Fifa 10. (4-4-2) Adebayor/Tevez as strikers.. Robinho/SWP on the wings. Barry/Ireland/De Jong/Kompany central midfield pool. Zabaleta/Lescott/Toure/Bridge defensive line.. and you got Micah Richards in there who can slot in for anyone of them. Given is one of the better keepers in the Premiership. Bellamy/Roque still left to be accounted for. On paper, this team is no slouch in the game.[/QUOTE]

Tevez-83 Adebayer-86
SWP-82 Dejong-81 Ireland-82 Robino-84
Richards-83 Toure-82 Lescott-82 and whoever at lb is at least a 78
Givens-82

That sounds like a world class squad to me. I would say theyll be in the top 10.

I agree, I am not saying that Man City doesnt have great players but a powerhouse? They are the perfect above average team without any unstoppable players in my opinion. They have a bunch of good guys none of which are dominate especially compared to teams like last years Man U (Christ to think how many Man Us I vsed online) and AC Milans.

Again, I am not saying Man City is a Coca Cola team but they are not a powerhouse because on paper and in game there are still far better teams.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I agree, I am not saying that Man City doesnt have great players but a powerhouse? They are the perfect above average team without any unstoppable players in my opinion. They have a bunch of good guys none of which are dominate especially compared to teams like last years Man U (Christ to think how many Man Us I vsed online) and AC Milans.

Again, I am not saying Man City is a Coca Cola team but they are not a powerhouse because on paper and in game there are still far better teams.[/QUOTE]

having one unstoppable player only matters to bad players. i play with arsenal, everyone needs to be adequate on the ball, good passers, and ready to shoot if the opportunity comes, Man City is probably one of the best teams in the game to me.

edit-having 4 world class attacking players, adebayer although he isn't great, tevez who is probably my favorite player, cruz simply world class talent, and robino who on is day can create a goal for anyone.

Just dont agree then. Having C. Ronaldo when he was programmed to be the fastest player in the game wasnt a result of bad play it a was a result of simply being able to tap right or left on the stick and watch him fly past every one.

But meh it doesnt matter, Man City is who I am taking and Cameroon is who I kill with.

sood you are so wrong it's not even funny, sorry but your knowledge with soccer isn't as refined as it is with Madden.

Man City has one of the best teams in FIFA 10 and right now in the world. They are 4th in the EPL having a ridiculous GF/GA average and having played 1 game less than the top 3 teams.

Adebayor, Tevez, Robinho, Ireland, Wright-Philips, Santa Cruz are you kidding? That's one of the best attacking line-ups in the world and one of the fastest.

We must be looking at two different Man Citys. The one that I am talking about was 10th the EPL last year didnt do well in the FA cup and did decent in the UEFA cup.

They also were only 9th in the EPL 2 years ago.

Its like you are completely ignore where they came from which is just slightly above average and only looking at their squad now. Its not like Tevez, Robinho, Adabayouer were on the team all of about 2 years.

I dont know where you live but going 15-18 last year doesnt spell fucking powerhouse. Yes they are doing great now thanks to a excellent transfer window but come on now..you are acting like they have been killing people for years.

[quote name='Soodmeg']We must be looking at two different Man Citys. The one that I am talking about was 10th the EPL last year didnt do well in the FA cup and did decent in the UEFA cup.

Its like you are completely ignore where they came from which is just slightly above average and only looking at their squad now. Its not like Tevez, Robinho, Adabayouer were on the team all of about 2 years.

I dont know where you live but going 15-18 last year doesnt spell fucking powerhouse. Yes they are doing great now thanks to a excellent transfer window but come on now..you are acting like they have been killing people for years.[/QUOTE]

No, that's you putting words into my mouth. Not once did you hear me say they WERE a powerhouse, who cares what they did last season. So do you mean to tell me Real Madrid is not a powerhouse because we didn't win La Liga, because we lost in quarter finals of the champions league for like the 4th consectutive year?

Of course they are a powerhouse this year, this isn't FIFA 09 or 08 this is 2010.

and of course I ignore the fact that Adebayor, Tevez, Givens, Johnson and Barry weren't on the team last year that's because it was LAST year not THIS year. Get over it, just because you have Manchester City doesn't mean your team is a significant step down from any of the teams already taken including Real Madrid.

[quote name='Soodmeg']We must be looking at two different Man Citys. The one that I am talking about was 10th the EPL last year didnt do well in the FA cup and did decent in the UEFA cup.

I dont know where you live but going 15-18 last year doesnt spell fucking powerhouse. Yes they are doing great now thanks to a excellent transfer window but come on now..you are acting like they have been killing people for years.[/QUOTE]

okay, i get your arguement now. You are correct, just this year they are a powerhouse and the way its looking, there gonna be the new chelsea, personally, I like it, shakes up the top four.

No one has even mentioned bellamy, whose scored like 4 goals already with like 7 games in. He is a judas imo, being a west ham supporter but whatever.

oh shit, when I made that lineup i forgot berry was even there. That makes there bench amazing.

Dejong, great holding mid, starts for the netherlands is on your bench. God, they are building something.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']okay, i get your arguement now. You are correct, just this year they are a powerhouse and the way its looking, there gonna be the new chelsea, personally, I like it, shakes up the top four.

No one has even mentioned bellamy, whose scored like 4 goals already with like 7 games in. He is a judas imo, being a west ham supporter but whatever.[/QUOTE]

I think Gareth Barry wins the Judas prize lol and I don't disagree with him that Manchester City up until this year was not a powerhouse but neither was Chelsea until Roman came along...

I just don't see how anyone can sit there and argue to me that Manchester City is a significant step down from all the teams already taken, when you have argueably the best attacking line in all of club football.

Galego we simply are two different breed of fans, we will never agree on this.

My breed of fandom looks at everything, all of their stats, all of their players, all of their records. I find it ridiculously to look at a team 1 year record and claim anything especially looking at their recent history of being nothing but slightly above average. I have been with Man city for years you know before they got really good and I cant just "forget," everything because they are good right now.

Where your breed of fandom allows you to look at the now and judge on that finding it ridiculous that anyone can not give a team their just do right now.

Its simply two different outlooks. We both can come up with logically reasons and we both would be right each time. This come up in many sports debates.

but seriously, I am right you are wrong. :lol:

yeah, he's looking at the video game perspective. IMO, man city will finish 5th or 6th behind tottscum or in front of them, top 4 will remain solid this year. January transfer window is useless imo. Its only gonna take one of there defenders to get hurt for them to fall apart. Big torre fan and micah richards, but lescott can't carry there jockstraps. toure will get hurt though and thats when troubles will begin.

For the record, I based my original post in this thread on their FIFA potential. It is nothing to be ashamed of. There will always be top tiers in sports/fighting games. That is fact. In this paticular case, I don't think theres any problem with Man City. FIFA wise, I think they're in a better position than say.. AC Milan.

Obviously, Man City don't have the history nor prestige of most of the G-14 clubs. Heck, they're not even in the Champions League. We'll see if they build something special ala Chelsea.

yeah, he's looking at the video game perspective. IMO, man city will finish 5th or 6th behind tottscum or in front of them, top 4 will remain solid this year. January transfer window is useless imo. Its only gonna take one of there defenders to get hurt for them to fall apart. Big torre fan and micah richards, but lescott can't carry there jockstraps. toure will get hurt though and thats when troubles will begin.

xblaze i may have missed it but who do you want for your National team? look at the OP for already taken countries, thanks.

I think the settings for the games should be:

game speed: slow
controls: semi (no fully assist please!)
shooting: manual

any other suggestions?

I think we should get the game before we decide those kind of things. Also, game speed slow is ridic when online games are already slow. Semi shooting is the best anyways.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']I think we should get the game before we decide those kind of things. Also, game speed slow is ridic when online games are already slow. Semi shooting is the best anyways.[/QUOTE]

agreed on all this for now.

Am I the camaroon guy? :lol:

Dejemba Dejemba always owned for me. I wish Jamaica was in the game (I always do) since thats what I am.

8 Days left.

[quote name='scrub0bk']ill take sevilla. ill take ivory coast if theyre gonna be in the game this year, if not ill think of another team.[/QUOTE]

I believe Ivory Coast is not in this year's game here is the list

* Argentina
* Australia
* Austria (National team)
* Belgium
* Brazil
* Bulgaria
* Cameroon
* China PR
* Croatia
* Denmark
* Ecuador
* England
* Finland
* France
* Germany
* Greece
* Holland
* Hungary
* Italy
* Korea Republic
* Mexico
* New Zealand
* Nigeria
* Northern Ireland
* Norway
* Paraguay
* Poland
* Portugal
* Republic of Ireland
* Romania
* Russia
* Scotland
* Slovenia
* South Africa
* Spain
* Sweden
* Switzerland
* Turkey
* Ukraine
* United States
* Uruguay

user_offline.gif

not a huge selection but that's probably due to that they always realease a "Road to the World Cup" game whenever a World Cup is coming up,

[quote name='Soodmeg']Am I the camaroon guy? :lol:

Dejemba Dejemba always owned for me. I wish Jamaica was in the game (I always do) since thats what I am.

8 Days left.[/QUOTE]

i always want to play as egypt but there never in it. Other then that, every other major team is in this game which pisses me off.

bread's done
Back