FIFA 2010 - Gen. Discussion & Info - New Gameplay Footage

i cant fucking wait. 09 is by far the best sports game out there as far as expressing the sports its trying to simulate. The commentary alone is light years ahead of every other game....and dont even get me started on the feature set.

Hi,
i don't really want to make a new discussion about this game, but since i got my first xbox360 and love soccer, i need some advise as to which fifa version would be good to play (off/online).
Can't really afford to pay $60 right now, so i am actually looking in older titles. Perhaps 08 or 09.

If I were you, I'd just hold off till you can afford Fifa 10. 09 is good but finding online games will eventually become limited. 10 is touted as the best fifa yet.

If this is simply not an option.. Fifa 09. 08 was good in its time.

Dont get me wrong I love FIFA, but I wish they would give it the Madden treatment in stats, and options. For example: I would love to see a fantasy draft where you play a league and get to draft all the players onto your team and create your own dream team and compete against teams that picked all of their players as well. Theres just so many options available.
I also hope that the manager mode has become more in depth. I used to play the Championship Manager games, etc, and would love to have that aspect in it, as well as the gameplay that FIFA 09 had. Normally manager mode gets boring pretty quick.

[quote name='Wolve11']Dont get me wrong I love FIFA, but I wish they would give it the Madden treatment in stats, and options. For example: I would love to see a fantasy draft where you play a league and get to draft all the players onto your team and create your own dream team and compete against teams that picked all of their players as well. Theres just so many options available.
I also hope that the manager mode has become more in depth. I used to play the Championship Manager games, etc, and would love to have that aspect in it, as well as the gameplay that FIFA 09 had. Normally manager mode gets boring pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

wolve, I agree with some points but a fantasy draft in a futbol game seems very out of place to me anyways, since there is no salary cap anyways you can create your own dream team no matter what.

From the reviews, the Manager Mode is extremely in-depth this year, so much so that some reviewers actually complained that there were to many options in Manager mode now(for us Hardcore FIFA players, I think that's a great thing to hear).

Yester, FIFA 2009 is an excellent version if you do not want to spend the $60, but as people have suggested FIFA 2010 will be significantly better and if you truly can not pay $60 on it, hold off until it drops down in price.

[quote name='Galego23']wolve, I agree with some points but a fantasy draft in a futbol game seems very out of place to me anyways, since there is no salary cap anyways you can create your own dream team no matter what.

From the reviews, the Manager Mode is extremely in-depth this year, so much so that some reviewers actually complained that there were to many options in Manager mode now(for us Hardcore FIFA players, I think that's a great thing to hear).

Yester, FIFA 2009 is an excellent version if you do not want to spend the $60, but as people have suggested FIFA 2010 will be significantly better and if you truly can not pay $60 on it, hold off until it drops down in price.[/QUOTE]

i play championship manager for that kind of stuff. Built west ham to be a champions league squad in 4 years.

[quote name='Galego23']

Yester, FIFA 2009 is an excellent version if you do not want to spend the $60, but as people have suggested FIFA 2010 will be significantly better and if you truly can not pay $60 on it, hold off until it drops down in price.[/QUOTE]

I'll guess you right. Its just so a high price. Just hoping it will drop soon (not likely) or there is a sale somewhere.
I have played the demo and it is good. I had a fun time playing it.

Thanks already for the replies :)

[quote name='yester']I'll guess you right. Its just so a high price. Just hoping it will drop soon (not likely) or there is a sale somewhere.
I have played the demo and it is good. I had a fun time playing it.

Thanks already for the replies :)[/QUOTE]

I have always noticed that fifa isn't a price dropping game every year, I have mine on preorder at amazon for 51$ with eca which I'm pretty happy about.

well, im off to a slow start. scoring in the demo was super easy, scoring in the game is a bit harder, especially with bad teams which all i have been playing with.

Son of a bitch. Through really bad luck I dont have the funds to pick this up right away, got to wait until next week.

Bah.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']well, im off to a slow start. scoring in the demo was super easy, scoring in the game is a bit harder, especially with bad teams which all i have been playing with.[/QUOTE]
what are you playing it on easy,medium, or hard? I've been playing the demo on hard and it's kind of hard to score a goal. Of course I haven't played a FIFA, or any football related game in years. My game should arrive this thursday, i can't wait.

I go the game yesterday afternoon and played it as soon as I could...Love the game! I'm probably not as good as many of you gurus but I created my own player and got a game in before my wife got home with my daughter. Now I'm just chomping at the bit for the next few minutes I can get to put some real time in. Is anyone else able to play well with any other view besides the broadcast view. Some of the closer ones look great for graphics, but I can't see anyone around me to know who I can pass to. Otherwise, I just put it on broadcast and get to scoring!

Playing on the medium hard difficulty, proffersional i think, scoring really hasnt gotten easier but man the free kick practice has made me a machine at direct free kicks.

bread's done
Back