FIFA08 Demo, live now

coltcannon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I played about 15min with ronny to figure out the controls. Played a match as every team availible. My first complaint is heading the ball, seems the CPU gets everyone unless my players on his own. Second complaint is my players feel like your controlling a boat. They seem to turn sharply when I dont want them to and they float around when I want them to turn sharply. The game does look really good besides the outlines around the players still. Weird kit selection for the demo, why only some away shirts. Actually haveing stepover move stuff is entertaining. I couldnt get the hang of FKs and the chip shot is underpowered. I have heard this fifa is getting better but I will have to reserve that judgement till I play the WE08 demo. By the time we get either game the EU will have them reviewed thuroughly.

Hell yes.

After all I have read about Fifa 08 its looking to be sweet as fucking hell.

I am picking this up and giving Winning Eleven a rent (if that).....I used to be a die hard Pro EVO fan.....but seriously.....if you people think Madden never changes...try to spot the anything in that series.

I am looking forward to both but I know I am once again going to get Fifa because I can not STAND manger league mode in WE....that shit is just trash and boring.

As long as Fifa as the various tournys in the xbox 360 version with notes to the World Cup I will be happy.

Thanks for the heads up.

Since my 360 doesnt download anything for some odd reason....I got it through PSN.

Graphics, love em or hate em on the PS3...although from what ive heard, im REALLY glad I got it for 360. Although the the PS3 getting supposed more support from EAfor this game makes it tempting to get it later down the road for both...and the control system is weird, you don't get a feel for it in the demo since it isn't the real Pro mode i think...

As usual the music is amazing, can't wait to hear all 50 songs! I have a feeling this is going to be a really REALLY good FIFA. Can't wait :)

I cant score a goal. Doesn't look like I'm going online the day this thing comes out. I was pretty damn good at the last one online. I was about 70-150 at the beginning and then i evened it out out at 173-172 which was the highlight of my fifa career.

Its weird for me on the PS3 controls but when I get it for 360 it should feel natural again.

Its a grow-on-you game, thats for sure...

The last FIFA demo was crap next to what the full game turned out to be...so...theres still hope.

Either way, its mine. No questions asked, I buy FIFA even if it requries me selling myself. FIFA > All other games.

I played so many games online it was ridiculous. I could dominate anybody in a offline game with full control. I was pretty unstoppable at getting the ball into space somewhere in the middle of the pitch for Mccay to smash one in the top corner.

[quote name='shnizzle66']The last FIFA demo was crap next to what the full game turned out to be...so...theres still hope.

Either way, its mine. No questions asked, I buy FIFA even if it requries me selling myself. FIFA > All other games.[/quote]

We should start a CAG group on the 25th (european release) and do play-togethers or something with the new 5v5.

I have such high hopes for this game that Im getting it here on 360 and having my freind send the french PS3 version overseas...Different cover/various things...

For the europeans on this forum to join we have to start on the 25th.

Simply put: We open registering for the CAG "clan" on the 25th, and then get things going on launch night. See?

Ill join the cag clan. Actually, just looking for some europeans to talk about some real football with. Tired of playing no mic losers and little kids who play high school soccer. WHU TIL I DIE.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']Ill join the cag clan. Actually, just looking for some europeans to talk about some real football with. Tired of playing no mic losers and little kids who play high school soccer. WHU TIL I DIE.[/quote]

:roll:

BTW:
thierry_henry.jpg
=GOD

I gave up on demos from xbox live.

They never download. Ever, always end at like 16% and say "Can't download". I missed out on the COD4 beta because of this and it's pissing me off.

[quote name='coltcannon']The WEPES08 demo is on XBLM for those EU's. Really looking forward to comparisons.[/quote]

WEPES08 wins hands down. I was able to jump straight into the PES08 demo and have fun. Beat the computer 2-1 on Beginner i believe. The Fifa demo...god, i couldn't even get the ball down the field via passing. No fun at all.

So; WEPES08 ftw.

I knew the first forays into next gen we going to be poor. If WE08 has editing like it should it is a shoe in for me. FIFA is making strides but just doesnt have the things right I want in a footy game.

If there are people interested I would be willing to run a league around here. Most likely in WE, but it could be played through either game if the parties involved decide on one or the other.

Im getting closer everyday of getting 10 Bergkamp on my highbury home shirt. Its gonna cost something like 18GBP plus shipping but oh bergkamp will it be worth it.

OT
I actually know a very reliable guy on another forum i go to frequently who has great connections in kits. I almost bought some rare lettering from him but I had no where to get it printed in this shithole city :(

If you want to know where PM me...

Anyways...yeah, one of the main things that is bugging me about these games is the presentation, If they could pull off the same feel in, say, the Zidane: Portait du 21eme Siecle" then the games would be absolutely phenomal...and IMO achieving that wouldn't be THAT hard...EA might need to get off their asses but it's still possibly atainable. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsV2e77YeUQ

[quote name='SynGamer']WEPES08 wins hands down. I was able to jump straight into the PES08 demo and have fun. Beat the computer 2-1 on Beginner i believe. The Fifa demo...god, i couldn't even get the ball down the field via passing. No fun at all.

So; WEPES08 ftw.[/quote]

So what your saying is that....because WEPES08 is super easy and also you to just randomly pass around or just run down the wings its wins? :roll:

AWWW poor baby....is the mean old hard soccer game making you upset.

Yeah will since I am not a 8 year old...I think I will enjoy a harder game.

By the way...you beat the computer by only 1 goal on the lowest setting? No wonder you think the FIFA demo is "not fun" it could be that you are "not that great at soccer games" :roll:

Dont get me wrong and saying that I am giving you a hard time because you like Pro Evo over Fifa. I am giving you a hard time because that is a fucking pussy ass reason why.

I dont score in fifa yet but I create a lot of chances now. The chances I create are so awsome and it really seems similar to watching a real game now. The only thing I hate about FIFA is that it doesnt get the flow of the game right. Those cutscenes or the ball going out of play for a thow in takes away from any flow. Players get reset and everything is awsome for the defense. Thats a problem. When a real game gets really open the game sometimes stays like that for minutes at a time and thats just amazing watching an up and down open game. That doesnt happen in any soccer game. Teams can always just foul and reset.

I just checked gamestop.com and I dont see the free ball that comes with preorders...Im going to the mall anyway this weekend but if they dont give out anything then fuck them.

bread's done
Back