Fight Night Round 3 demo available NOW

Never played the Fight Night series but I heard this game looks sweet ... will d/l after more RR6.

The graphics were pretty damn sweet. I thought the game would be alittle faster though. And I also knocked down the other guy like three times and he would still get up ^^

ummm..fresh coat of paint on round2 it seems. Controls are super sluggish(punches) and fighters move like they have something stuck up their ass. I hope the final game plays much better than this.

Downloading now.....

UPDATE: Played the demo a few times. Pretty good. It is a little slow and takes some time to get used to, but all in all, I'm quite impressed. It looks fantastic, and the final build could only get better.

I dont know if you guys have actually seen a boxing match, but they arent necessarily street fights. They dont come out swinging punches like crazy, boxing is a slow sport. this aint UFC we're talking about. The game isnt even done yet, so it cant be as finished looking as the other demos

Just got done playing a round and I'm pretty impressed. I'll never buy a boxing game at anything close to retail price, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one on the cheap. Seems like it will be a really fun game to play multiplayer.

[quote name='Murcielago77']I dont know if you guys have actually seen a boxing match, but they arent necessarily street fights. They dont come out swinging punches like crazy, boxing is a slow sport. this aint UFC we're talking about. The game isnt even done yet, so it cant be as finished looking as the other demos[/QUOTE]

I understand this but I liked fight night round 2 because it was fast and fun. It's just like I detest playing flight sim games because while they may be realistic they are so damn boring.

I'm also not liking that you don't get stamina and health bars. Has anyone else noticed that fighting goes a lot slower using the thumb sticks than the actual buttons to punch? Thats another annoyance.

[quote name='shipwreck']Just got done playing a round and I'm pretty impressed. I'll never buy a boxing game at anything close to retail price, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one on the cheap. Seems like it will be a really fun game to play multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

So true. But knowing EA it won't drop in price until the next version comes out. CAGS on the PROWL!

Nice graphics, slow gameplay. Glad they put the demo out, I was thinking about picking this one up. Definately won't after playing the demo.. just too slow for me.

I'm glad there will be less people picking this up at launch, that way there won't be jackholes sittin' in the middle of the right doing haymakers over and over and over again complaining that the guys don't move faster.

Matter of fact, I'm inspired to go back and play Round 2.

It's a beautiful game, looks pretty close to photorealism...but it's not quite my kind of thing. too slow.

I wish they showed the controls for more then 2 seconds on the loading screen. don't these developers think about that kind of stuff...who could give a crap about a demo that they don't know the controls for. not like it's the most intuitive game in the world...

[quote name='JimmieMac']I'm glad there will be less people picking this up at launch, that way there won't be jackholes sittin' in the middle of the right doing haymakers over and over and over again complaining that the guys don't move faster.

Matter of fact, I'm inspired to go back and play Round 2.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
I liked Fight Night Round 2, but the online play was fucking broken. There was just enough lag to make bobbing and weaving away from punches lazy as hell. So, everyone who played would just wind up a haymaker and follow you around the ring with their arm cocked trying to chase you down with that one punch. It was fucking retarded.

Haymakers ruined this series. All round two was about was who could do the most haymakers. If "round 3" has haymakers I won't be going anywhere near it.

This Demo is awsome. I cant wait to get the game now. Did any of you guys notice that at the end of the demo it say releasing in Winter of 2006. I thought it was scheduled for a late Febuary release.

[quote name='coolieman2001']This Demo is awsome. I cant wait to get the game now. Did any of you guys notice that at the end of the demo it say releasing in Winter of 2006. I thought it was scheduled for a late Febuary release.[/QUOTE]

Alright, back to first grade, children.

Winter - December, January, February
Spring - March, April, May
Summer - June, July, August
Fall - September, October, November

okay made a misktake but when people say Winter of 06 you think of the end of the year not the begining. You really aren't a nice person are you Scorch. Comments like that disgust me.

[quote name='coolieman2001']okay made a misktake but when people say Winter of 06 you think of the end of the year not the begining. You really aren't a nice person are you Scorch. Comments like that disgust me.[/QUOTE]

..I really want to say something about this, but it's almost 4am and my brain's not functioning well, but it's the internet, get over it. I meant no offense by it.

i was like u too man i was like shit no fightnight till end of 2006 then i was like hmm.. its still winter rofl. anyway we are all cagers here lets stay friendly, bitting your fellow cager is like bitting your brother~

I had fun with the demo and it looked great. Though it didn't seem any different than Round 2 except for the new graphics and slower pace. I might pass on this, but if the drought gets bad enough, I may pick it up afterall.

Besides the graphics which are great what features will be in the game? Will it be stripped of almost every feature like most other EA sports 360 games? This is what I'm interested in knowing. The player models in the demo look great but does anyone else think the background and people in the background look just like they did in Round 2. To me the environment doesn't look "next gen" but the fighters themselves look fantastic.

[quote name='Pratt75']Besides the graphics which are great what features will be in the game? Will it be stripped of almost every feature like most other EA sports 360 games? This is what I'm interested in knowing. The player models in the demo look great but does anyone else think the background and people in the background look just like they did in Round 2. To me the environment doesn't look "next gen" but the fighters themselves look fantastic.[/QUOTE]
it was just a demo

What are you talking about? It plays so realistically. Not slow at all, unless of course your idea of a boxing game is DOA4...

I liked the game but there's no sense of real punching, it seems like im fighting in slo-mo most of the time. I hope that the fix this, some instances when I punch it actually goes faster and feels more realistic othertimes it looks like I barely touch him and he falls down.

The lack of a GUI fooled me. I thought I was watching an intro movie or something. Didn't help that I picked the Red Corner and automatically started looking at Hopkins on the left. For about 30 seconds I thought with the commentary and screens, I thought it was some basic training movie, not actual in-game.

It never felt like there was much of anything behind most of the punches though, but the pacing was nice.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I liked the game but there's no sense of real punching, it seems like im fighting in slo-mo most of the time. I hope that the fix this, some instances when I punch it actually goes faster and feels more realistic othertimes it looks like I barely touch him and he falls down.[/QUOTE]

Ummm Boxers do get tired. You can't just go into each round throwing 200 punchs and expect your boxer to never tire. When you punch and it seems faster it just means you have full to almost full stamina. When you punch slow you need to stay away and regain your stamina. Turn your sound on next time and when your Boxer sounds like he is breathing too hard stay away from your oppenent until you regain stamina then you can go DOA combo master on the other guy for 10 secs.

After reading this thread im not sure what most of you expected. Maybe if they had Guns and Swords it would be better?

[quote name='pimpinc333']Ummm Boxers do get tired. You can't just go into each round throwing 200 punchs and expect your boxer to never tire. When you punch and it seems faster it just means you have full to almost full stamina. When you punch slow you need to stay away and regain your stamina. Turn your sound on next time and when your Boxer sounds like he is breathing too hard stay away from your oppenent until you regain stamina then you can go DOA combo master on the other guy for 10 secs.

After reading this thread im not sure what most of you expected. Maybe if they had Guns and Swords it would be better?[/QUOTE]

No thats not it, from the begining of the match it seems slow. Some punches seem to barely hit but the other guy almost falls down. Belive me I've seen boxing matches, I know what its supposed to look like. I like the game, I understand the stamina and all of that, not trying to shoot it down, I'm just hoping that the final version is a little better.

[quote name='Zoglog']dood where are the panty shots?![/QUOTE]

If you're talking about low blows. I just read in gamespot.com that using the d-pad will land low blows.

bread's done
Back