Fight Night Round 3 demo available NOW

The game looks viewtiful ,I cant believe how stunned I was when I first saw it. I think the camera is awesome the way it moves around giving u that really good view point.

[quote name='Murcielago77']I dont know if you guys have actually seen a boxing match, but they arent necessarily street fights. They dont come out swinging punches like crazy, boxing is a slow sport. this aint UFC we're talking about. The game isnt even done yet, so it cant be as finished looking as the other demos[/QUOTE]

except if the boxer is Mike Tyson....

[quote name='pimpinc333']
After reading this thread im not sure what most of you expected. Maybe if they had Guns and Swords it would be better?[/QUOTE]
I expected a boxing match. There was no sense of power behind a lot of punches, but I would knock a guy out. I think a big factor in that is that there is no rumble function in the demo (unless somehow I missed it). Hopefully (and very likely) it will be in the retail game.

I enjoyed the demo. I thought the game played pace was very good and mirror imaged a real boxing match. Plus I love the presentation. I have never played a Fight Night game but for what I saw the presentation wasn't up to snuff. This thing looks great and plays just as darn good.

Day one pick up for me.

Wish there was more of an impact behind the punches. Half of the time I couldn't even tell if they landed or not. Other than that, it seems pretty cool.

Sweet jesus this is a good looking game, I might just buy this given the ratings of the previous one.

I enjoyed the demo....it actually played a lot like Round 2 I thought. Not sure if I'll buy it though, boxing is fun, but can get boring. We'll see....I'm impressed though. When does this come out. I know it said Winter 06 (is that now or like end of the year)

I played the demo and was slightly impressed. I thought the graphics were excellent and the sound effects were great for the most part. The game seemed to play exactly like Round 2..which I liked but got tired of very quickly. I'm not sure if a new coat of paint warrants a purchase here.

Wow... I hope they hape the LIVE play nailed down to perfection, cause this could be a very cool on line game. Makes me that much more excited for where this console will lead us in the next year.

Played it yesterday and wow it looks good, especially in HD. It does move a little slow but it didnt bother me. Might be picking this one up day 1

I'm happy with the Demo. I'm sure the backgrounds will look nicer in the final version, but I wouldn't expect the gameplay to speed up. I'm actually glad you can't button mash in this game.

ps..BukkakeFighter is a funny gamertag, nice job!

Maybe the reason everyone thinks it plays slow was because this was the first time they've logged off DOA4 all week :).

I think its a fun game but the real dealbreaker for me is seeing what features are on the game as far as careers, create your own boxer, that kind of stuff.

I still think its pretty great that the demo was released though, especially over a month early. Hopefully this is a trend we see a lot more of.

[quote name='jalu6']Maybe the reason everyone thinks it plays slow was because this was the first time they've logged off DOA4 all week :).

I think its a fun game but the real dealbreaker for me is seeing what features are on the game as far as careers, create your own boxer, that kind of stuff.

I still think its pretty great that the demo was released though, especially over a month early. Hopefully this is a trend we see a lot more of.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I've been playing it more and more and I can throw a 4 hit combo now. Learn how to throw the combo and gameplay will in a way speed up. ( For the people whom say the gameplay is slow that is :) )

[quote name='zewone']I expected a boxing match. There was no sense of power behind a lot of punches, but I would knock a guy out. I think a big factor in that is that there is no rumble function in the demo (unless somehow I missed it). Hopefully (and very likely) it will be in the retail game.[/QUOTE]

It amazes me how many people in this thread are bitching about features in a game that they think are missing, but in fact aren't. You just don't know how to play it. I can knock down either box with the other, in the first round and make them bleed by the second. I've also KO'd Hopkins twice. Before anyone else comments on "the lack of power" or "the slowness", I recommend playing Round 2 and understanding the control scheme first and then going up to 3 and trying again. Then you'll actually be able to form an opinion that isn't based on your level of skill.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']It amazes me how many people in this thread are bitching about features in a game that they think are missing, but in fact aren't. You just don't know how to play it. I can knock down either box with the other, in the first round and make them bleed by the second. I've also KO'd Hopkins twice. Before anyone else comments on "the lack of power" or "the slowness", I recommend playing Round 2 and understanding the control scheme first and then going up to 3 and trying again. Then you'll actually be able to form an opinion that isn't based on your level of skill.[/QUOTE]
I think you quoted the wrong person or don't know what the hell you're talking about. I've played the demo more and more and have probably gotten more KO's than you. The feature that you say is in the demo, (which I've yet to find) is a rumble feature. Tell where that is, smartass.

The demo is still slow as hell and does a bad job at a sense of power.

I agree that the game was slow and the physics were off, but I had a little bit of fun (more than I thought I would, atleast).

My demo was glitchy (I could see through the boxer's legs).

bread's done
Back