Fighting Game Thread 6 is dedicated in memory of Chac*

wooo whoo, did pretty great on SSFIV last night. 17 game win streak and made everyone leave.

The funniest moment was this dude who said "you are gonna lose this time bitch". He picks Akuma and proceeds to do nothing but spam shoryukens, which were blocked, then countered with combo after combo

I'd like to get a 1 on 1 Endless battle room going tonight. Mainly to power practice with the new characters. If any of my friends see me on later tonight and want to do a little practicing, send me an invite. I'm not a great player but I get into a groove every once and a while.

I'm losing in ranked online more than I'm comfortable with. My win percentage is at 48%. It's pretty sad since I was using Gief, who's supposed to be my best (which isn't saying a lot)

have you learned any of his good combos. Try belly flop jump, double cr. lp, double cr.lk -> EX banishing fist.

1 EX bar and does really good damage. If you can get good with that, you could try some of his harder normal links

I know all his tricks. I abuse the heck out his belly-flop cross-ups and EX green hand. I just keep playing people who are generally much better than me.

ggs last nite to all i played, lets do it again soon:cool: still need to work on my cody, but he's getting there, plus everyone from cag i played before you guys are r lvling up nicely

GGs to everyone last night, Blitz had to leave and get us all kicked right before my turn! Booooooo!

Anywho, this morning I got my ass worked by some peeps on my FL from Vanilla. They leveled up while I waited for ssfiv, now I gotta get my shyt down :(

The Fei Long player in the room got 8 wins in a row before getting taken down by another Bison. His Rose beat my ass with them cripsy links, and their makoto/guy are coming along nicely.

Gotta get Juri/Ibuki even better to tear shyt up!

Fyi, play Syncere99/BlakDanielz on PSN for a challenge =)

Ahhh K' >:} Sweet.

I almost picked up Samurai Shodown Sen the other day but thought otherwise.

GOOD THING. Keep it 2D please, 2D... Disappointed like a muhfuhbba.

GGs to LostRoad, HeavyD, and everyone else I played.. I picked up SSFIV for PS3 today, so now I can fuck all of you up. :]

Also.. I grabbed a quick shot of this with my BlackBerry when I was at... some.. store... maybe GameStop? Probably GameStop. Don't know if this is old news or not.

[quote name='SmallWind']LOL at the last hit of Sagat ultra1 that whiffed in one of the matches.[/QUOTE]

Saved that replay on my 'omg wtf' list as well. So, I watched the replay just now after saving it. I went into training mode to try c.lk, c.lk, c.lp xx tiger uppercut fadc ultra 1 from mid-screen to corner. The last hit connected in the corner knocking training dummy ibuki down. That worked. So, I tried c.lk, c.lk xx tu fadc ultra 1 from the same position. And it whiffed, ha. Forgot to add in the c.lp before tiger uppercut (This was the one I used on hank and failed; thus he finished me off
sexual innuendo, yes I got ok lol
with his ibuki. :))

[quote name='Inf^Shini']GGs to everyone last night, Blitz had to leave and get us all kicked right before my turn! Booooooo!

Fyi, play Syncere99/BlakDanielz on PSN for a challenge =)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think blitz had to leave cause of those chicken soft tacos from del taco, haha.

I think i've played blak before, not sure, did he main a seth and sakura combo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a lot of great games. I am getting frustrated a lot with run away characters, but this is my first time maining a grappler character, so im just not used to it at all. Ill be working on that.

[quote name='Arikado']Well the counter was really the only answer I had for Seth. I can see that being a tough matchup for Dudley because of all the of damage he's going to take getting in or cross countering.

I want to play your Seth more with my Zangief. I still think U1 is the way to go, but U2 might have some uses in that matchup.[/QUOTE]

Without Teleport Mixups with Seth though, I pretty much have to lame that match out (Duds/Seth)

Also with Zangief, jump in Training Mode and see if the new Ultra punishes j.hp, headstomp OTG's, etc.

Definitely had some fun games last night. Really need to get a stick though, too many failed Rekkas with Fei Long is doing me no good, especially against Blitz' T. Hawk :lol:

I also need to mess around with El Fuerte more, seems like a lot of his normals got a bit of a speed boost, so my timing was a bit off. I haven't even tried his U2 yet.

[quote name='metroid85']Maxima has been pretty much confirmed for awhile now from what the trailer showed:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Kaphwan/KOFXIII%20intro%20frames/frame22.jpg

sweet sweet Vapor Cannon
And with how cool and badass K' looks now, he may have a permanent spot on my team.[/QUOTE]

Awesome ^_^

How you been man? you going to evo this year or no?

GGS to AX, trajin, and beef... the few fights I played made me realize the only characters I can play are alpha characters... I'm contemplating picking up Adon as a possible main.

EDIT: Man, how can anyone play SSFIV without arrange mode turned on... the character theme remixes are so nice. loving the SSFIV Character OST that got released. Guile's is a highlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Esper']
Yeah, I think blitz had to leave cause of those chicken soft tacos from del taco, haha.

I think i've played blak before, not sure, did he main a seth and sakura combo?[/QUOTE]
Oi blitz.

Yea, that's the blak I'm talking about. He also had a mean rose too.

GGs to everyone I played earlier. And apologies to ReRo for bowing out so early earlier. I had a false alarm and thought I had to puke, but couldn't do it. :whistle2:|

Ibuki is so fun, but damn if I can't remember her target combos to save my life.

GGs Rod. I must have missed you tonight Phrosty I got in late as hell. If your old lady isn't pissed at you yet look me up this weekend for some team battles.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']GGs to everyone I played earlier. And apologies to ReRo for bowing out so early earlier. I had a false alarm and thought I had to puke, but couldn't do it. :whistle2:|

Ibuki is so fun, but damn if I can't remember her target combos to save my life.[/QUOTE]

This. I've been messing around in training mode and arcade mode with Ibuki, but I fucking suck with her.

[quote name='LostRoad']GGs Rod. I must have missed you tonight Phrosty I got in late as hell. If your old lady isn't pissed at you yet look me up this weekend for some team battles.[/QUOTE]

You kept me up late. My ol' lady wasn't happy :(

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']This. I've been messing around in training mode and arcade mode with Ibuki, but I fucking suck with her.[/QUOTE]I've been practicing with her more and more. I never used her in 3S, but it seems you have to be real tricksy with her, and pick those spots to do dat damage.

[quote name='Rodimus']You kept me up late. My ol' lady wasn't happy :([/QUOTE]

The only solution now is to keep HER up late, ifyaknowwhati'msayin

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
EDIT: Man, how can anyone play SSFIV without arrange mode turned on... the character theme remixes are so nice. loving the SSFIV Character OST that got released. Guile's is a highlight.[/QUOTE]

the arrange themes are sick. Kinda hated how you could only hear them in rival matches in arcade mode in vanilla, so I'm glad they fixed it.

Still, I wish there was an "everything" option to randomize tracks from both SF4 and the remixes.

Awesome matches here---pretty sick traps/cross-ups by Sim from about 4:50 on in the second vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h5O6TV8sRw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abQh9cFUYIU

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Awesome ^_^

How you been man? you going to evo this year or no?

[/QUOTE]

I'm doing alright. No money for evo since I've gotta pay for a summer class.

Man I'm having sooooo much fun with T. Hawk. The range on his command grabs is disgusting, and whiffed condor spire -> 360 is really satisfying to hit. His bad matchups seem to be REALLY bad though :cry:.

Anyone down for a new character only night on the 360? Maybe Wednesday night?

[quote name='MtlTom']Man I'm having sooooo much fun with T. Hawk. The range on his command grabs is disgusting, and whiffed condor spire -> 360 is really satisfying to hit. His bad matchups seem to be REALLY bad though :cry:.

Anyone down for a new character only night on the 360? Maybe Wednesday night?[/QUOTE]

T.hawk fights are always brutal for the other player...or at least for guys like me who don't really know how to rush him down properly without getting thrown. Usually ends up being a long turtling match, with lots of baiting.

I've grown to hate T. Hawk. Not only do I dislike using him but any time I play a T. Hawk player they're always freakin' awesome. Same with Dhalsim.

[quote name='Rodimus']I've grown to hate T. Hawk. Not only do I dislike using him but any time I play a T. Hawk player they're always freakin' awesome. Same with Dhalsim.[/QUOTE]

Urai made me hate T.Hawk. I place him next to vanilla SFIV Ken in annoyance factor now.

[quote name='LostRoad']GGs Rod. I must have missed you tonight Phrosty I got in late as hell. If your old lady isn't pissed at you yet look me up this weekend for some team battles.[/QUOTE]

She went to work so I we can play tonight. I'm free yay :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Urai made me hate T.Hawk. I place him next to vanilla SFIV Ken in annoyance factor now.[/QUOTE]

I don't even play Hawk, I just wanted to unlock taunts and colors for him, but you didn't give me a chance to play as anybody else. :cry:

[quote name='distgfx']I don't even play Hawk, I just wanted to unlock taunts and colors for him, but you didn't give me a chance to play as anybody else. :cry:[/QUOTE]

lol whatever.

Thanks for the link.

I'm strongly leaning towards Adon now sinc ehe seems more straightforward than cody. I'm not someone who can mix control up midway (fuck you zonk knuckle) but I'll work on adon while I slowly work my way on cody.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']lol whatever.[/QUOTE]

Don't you "lol whatever" me, LOL! You quit on me after 4 matches! That's only 2 colors and 2 taunts.

[quote name='distgfx']Don't you "lol whatever" me, LOL! You quit on me after 4 matches! That's only 2 colors and 2 taunts.[/QUOTE]

I can "lol whatever" you since you never changed characters. At least you should've changed once. And I thought I was linear >_

btw markman, i got some news for you if you still wanted to run that panel. i'll hit you up on aim later.

I do kainzero, thanks. I heard the deadline was the 30th for submission. Someone got in touch with me but it was too late (work was owning me that day).

ALSO! I have the panel confirmed for PAX Prime. So we'll have one there.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I can't believe kainzero didn't invite me to his birthday party. :([/QUOTE]

That's ok, he didn't invite me either. :cry:

Happy b-day kainzero.

bread's done
Back