Fighting Game Thread 8 went so deep, so deep, put that ass to sleep

I wanted to go to E3!!!!

but my lazy azz missed free registration and they made me pay $500 admission!!!

so instead I went to Chicken Now!!!

fcs9cp.jpg

oh hay and I got a new fighting game too!!

Tatsonoko v Capcom!!

lets play!!

Those MvC3 videos are blowing my mind. I've never been very good at MvC2 but I think I'm really going to get into this game.

I'm not to crazy of the art style either, but at least it doesn't have an anime look to it. I'm not to big on the MvC games myself, but I have to say it's looking mighty good. Now if they would only add DareDevil now.

After watching the MVC3 gameplay video all I can think about is how much I'm gonna suck. I was also expecting a little more from the character models. Oh well it's better than seeing this again:

256zswx.gif

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I saw the lights on the Goodyear blimp.
It read "Mr. Beef is a PIMP"

MvC3 is hype.[/QUOTE]

What's the haps on the craps?
HANK 'EM UP, HANK 'EM UP, HANK 'EM UP, HANK 'EM.

I don't like Iron Man's model. Looks like they recorded a crappy Iron Man action figure. I do like how everyone calls out their partner's name as they're tagging out, though. I thought that was a nice little touch.

Oh yeah, Tournament Mode is up for SSFIV. Couldn't test it out though, because I could never join a room, even rooms with no private slots.

got back from e3, sup to markman i seen u at the entrance in the south hall, but as always you look busy as hell networking lol. played mvc3 its like tvc got to get use to it but it was fun oh and there's a dedicated button for knock up for air combos:roll:

I liked TvC, so in terms of mechanics, I know I'll enjoy MVC3. Though as Trajin mentioned, the fact that there is a dedicated button for launchers, is kind of funny.

I'm on the fence about the art style right now. I'll reserve more thoughts until the game is closer to being finished.

Guilty Gear had a button for launchers too,

but it also served as a sweep, a powerful air attack, UOH, and force break/ex button,

so if anything a launcher button will just be another attack button like fierce punch or something...

[quote name='JEKKI']

oh hay and I got a new fighting game too!!

Tatsonoko v Capcom!!

lets play!![/QUOTE]

Be ready for the Gold Lightan lag spammers.

Rod your crazy that sprite is hot, though Morrigan did get an update in TvC, not all that great but it's something.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I like how Capt. America calls iron Man "TONY!!"

At least, he's the only one I heard say it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and Iron Man screams "STEVE" when he calls on Cap. And for humor purposes, The Hulk screams out "METAL MAN" for Iron Man. Can't wait for the game.

I'm also pretty sure that at the end of the new cinematic trailer that the fiery demon that descends from the sky is Dormamu. Which could mean Dr. Strange is in the game.

[quote name='GhostShark']Yeah, and Iron Man screams "STEVE" when he calls on Cap. And for humor purposes, The Hulk screams out "METAL MAN" for Iron Man. Can't wait for the game.
.[/QUOTE]

Awesome.

[quote name='gunm']I wonder what kind of team I should have for MvC3? I'm looking at Deadpool, Dante, and Chris right now...[/QUOTE]

For me: Thor, Super Skrull, Mike Haggar

chicken now, beard papa, and shinnosuke.

hay check this out!!

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=240029

-EDIT-

btw. Im wearing that new triumvir shirt, the black Blanka one... and a bright blue hat.

so if any of u guys go to Golden Gopher tonite, I think Ima stop by for a bit. see me and say hi!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. Beef']Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Spider-Man.

...a man can dream, can't he?[/QUOTE]

All yes.

[quote name='gunm']Well, if we're dreaming, how about Edgeworth, Skullomania, and Howard the Duck?[/QUOTE]

Only Edgeworth. :cool:

[quote name='JEKKI']Im back... freakin why didnt I see any of u hoes there?!?![/QUOTE]
gym has priority

i need to look like zangief, complete with his zanbriefs

Back from berlin and I am overloaded by the amount of beer and shots I had there... especially since it's cheaper to drink beer than water over there (not exaggerating) >_<

I'm so friggin worn out and alot of shit happened over there that I want to forget and other things I'll want to remember...

I love my german heritage more and also found to hate and love stuff from the mecha of art over there... gallery peeps are smelly and "metro" as fuck.

Awesome ReRo, I'm envious. I also have some German heritage. I always wanted to go to Germany and a German beer garden even more so.

Yeah, every day pretty much ran like this:

All Day: Gallery, Artist, and/or Museum visits

All Early Evening/Night: Drink, Drink, Dance, Drink >_<

the thing that was the most interesting to me is the fact that the sun didn't go down until 10pm 0_0

It only happens in the summer, but it's weird as hell and made late nights short and dinner times late.

German girls are hot but need to learn hot to put makeup on >_<

but yeah, I'm genna chill out for a few days before geting back to work. First order of business is to crack open MGS Peace Walker...

Anyone got thoughts on DoA 3-Double-D-S and Super Street 4D?

I am cautiously optimistic for this 2.5-D Mortal Kombat. I would have preferred an HD Remix of UMK3 or Trilogy, but I am intrigued nonetheless!

[quote name='BustaUppa']I am cautiously optimistic for this 2.5-D Mortal Kombat. I would have preferred an HD Remix of UMK3 or Trilogy, but I am intrigued nonetheless![/QUOTE]

In the same boat as you man.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Anyone got thoughts on DoA 3-Double-D-S and Super Street 4D?[/QUOTE]

DoA could work, but not Super.

bread's done
Back