Fighting/Racing/Multi-player ----> PSN Downloadable Games

Zerostatic

CAGiversary!
I just started building my PS3 library recently and I was pondering a shopping decision. So far I've purchased only single-player campaign oriented games (i.e. GTA IV, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Oblivion, The Darkness, etc.) as those are my favorite types of games.

Next up I wanted to add some Fighting, Racing, and Multiplayer-oriented games to my collection. I'm not a huge fan of those genre's but I generally like to have 1 or 2 games in those genre's which I'll usually play for the entire gen.

After falling in love with the ease of digital-downloaded games on STEAM I was thinking about going that route for those games on my PS3. I think it would be good because these kinds of games are games that I can pick up and play for a quick race or fight or a quick little battle or two. What do you guys think?

My plan would be to get the following:

Fighting Games
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online
Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix (When it gets released)

Racing Games
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Burnout Paradise (When it gets released on PSN)
Wipeout HD (When it gets released)

Multiplayer
Warhawk
SOCOM: Confrontation (When it gets released)

Opinions?

I know that I totally will be buying Super Street Fighter 2 when it is released so I think that is a great choice. However if you prefer 3D games fighters to 2D ones (I'm a 2D fan myself), Tekken isn't a bad choice.

Some here will definitely say to get Wipeout (I'm on the fence myself, but may buy into peer pressure and grab it depending on the price ($20 or less is the sweet spot for me)). GT5 is more of an enthusiast game/racing simulator than a straight up racing game/competition game. In other words it is NOT as pick up and play friendly as the other 2. So Wipeout or Burnout would probably be a better choice for racing.

And Warhawk is definitely worth grabbing (and there is an active group of Warhawk players here on CAG), but if I remember correctly if you download it on PSN it is linked to your system AND PSN account (same with GT5 Prologue) so you won't ever be able to bring it to a friend's place to play. So the disc version might be preferable (I imagine a similar restriction will be in place for Burnout).

bread's done
Back