Films about the Manson Family?

punqsux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
im working on a gift, and ive done some research into movies about the manson family, and it looks to me like the ones i want to pick up are "The Manson Family" SE and "Manson Family Movies"

im looking for films that are real, disturbing, and would be looked at by most people as something you'd rather not have seen, than actual entertainment.

ive looked into movies like both versions of "Helter Skelter" and "Charles Manson Superstar" but they didnt seem to be wat i was looking for.

can anyone reccomend any other Manson Family related movies i should look into?

thanks!

throw in one of his CDs while your at it...they are definitely good for shock value

This is the only Hanson film I could find...

6305166013.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

[quote name='Apossum']throw in one of his CDs while your at it...they are definitely good for shock value[/QUOTE]
while i dont know alot about his music, ive heard a few songs, and ill definetly say its not bad, or "shocking" its just old folk music (again, what ive heard)

"Helter Skelter" is is a very detailed and accurate account of the murders, the actions of the Manson "family", and the prosecutions case and the investigation.

It is worth watching if you want the real deal and not some fictional gore-fest bullshit.

ive seen helter skelter, and i dont for a moment doubt its accuracy, but you have to uderstand, it was a TV movie, these were horrific murders, and you simply couldnt accuratley put them in to a TV movie.

im not looking for the movie that feeds the viewer the most information.

[quote name='punqsux']ive seen helter skelter, and i dont for a moment doubt its accuracy, but you have to uderstand, it was a TV movie, these were horrific murders, and you simply couldnt accuratley put them in to a TV movie.

im not looking for the movie that feeds the viewer the most information.[/QUOTE]
You just want to see the murders? Why not just look at the police reports?

If they are still sealed you can file a Freeedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and have them unsealed and mailed to you.

It will have all of the gory pictures that you want to see.

A movie will not accurately portray it, the only people who know exactly how the murders proceeded are the inner family, and they aren't making book and movie deals.

[quote name='Quackzilla']You just want to see the murders? Why not just look at the police reports?

If they are still sealed you can file a Freeedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and have them unsealed and mailed to you.

It will have all of the gory pictures that you want to see.

A movie will not accurately portray it, the only people who know exactly how the murders proceeded are the inner family, and they aren't making book and movie deals.[/QUOTE]
you clearly do not understand my request.

[quote name='punqsux']while i dont know alot about his music, ive heard a few songs, and ill definetly say its not bad, or "shocking" its just old folk music (again, what ive heard)[/QUOTE]

some of it is like that. but you gotta hear the songs where he's singing folky, then suddenly starts grumbling and growling incoherently. it doesn't seem like it's bad, until the thought of him being a mass murderer comes to mind. I dunno, i guess some people wouldn't get it...

The first "Helter Skelter" (1976) TV movie is actually extremely well done for a TV movie. Steve Railsback nailed Manson's persona. It's aired on T.V. Land a few times, which is odd, and I have it on DVD. I say it's worth a look.

The 2004 version kind of sucks... Jeremy Davies' performance was the only saving grace. Everything else (production-wise) was below average and the script was pretty inept.

So, skip the remake and check out the original. I'd scratch "The Manson Family" (2003), as I heard it's a flaming pile of dogshit. But if flaming piles of dogshit and, I guess, gore are your thing, check this one out.

There's not much disturbing with Charles Manson murders, anyway. The murders (which weren't many) were grizzly and all, but the true disturbing things with The Manson Family was Charles Manson's power over everybody. Disturbing in that people can be dooped into anything -- even murder. The two Helter Skelter's focus on this over the gore, which is the way it should be. They focus on it, but not good enough, in my opinion.

bread's done
Back