Final Fantasy 12 $5 TRU YMMV

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Just got back from my local TRU in Jersey City, NJ, and they had a few copies of Final Fantasy XII in a clearance bin. It had a $10 sticker on it, but it scanned as a promo at $5. It rang up at $10, but the cashier overrode it. It's still $20 in a lot of places, so if you ever wanted to get in on the FF series, have some laughs.

Damn, this sounds like a great deal, i bought this game when it first came out and only played through half of it then sold it. hopefully my local TRU's will have it in stock.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. I already have the Collector's Edition, but I figured this was something some people might want to get in on. Unfortunately for me, the clearance bin in my store was horrible outside of the FF12 copies. Lots of awful GBA games and Shrek 2 GBA Video. There was a copy of FFV Advance in there, but it was still coming up at $20, unfortunately.

In my local store, there was one copy still on the rack, with its place card behind it, and that said $19.99. But the ones in the bin had the old, orange sticker on it for $9.99. And like I said, it rang up as that, and the lady overrode it. Hopefully, this will work out for anyone looking for it.

[quote name='chrisnsally']Any generous CAG willing to pick up a copy for me? I'll pay shipping and a couple bucks for gas....please?[/quote]

hey ill check for u and ill pm u if they have it at the TRu near me

I'm gonna go take a look today. If I can't find one, I'll trade or buy one from anyone kind enough to pick up an extra. :)

[quote name='Kuros']I'm gonna go take a look today. If I can't find one, I'll trade or buy one from anyone kind enough to pick up an extra. :)[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find any. If anyone could find 2 extra copies, I'll play cost + ship + extra for your time taken.

If not, 1 copy is fine.

[quote name='Isurus']9.99 at my local TRU. moline, IL[/QUOTE]

Did they have extra copies? For $10 I'll buy it.

Man and I bought two of them when it was 9.99 just two weeks ago. Wonder if I can get a price change with my reciept.

(Don't bother second copy was for friend. So its not in my possesion.)

[quote name='nefaquotek']Why is it so low here and not at other stores? Does this mean we should be expecting a nice price drop elsewhere?[/quote]

It was recently made GH, so a $19.99 MSRP. It's YMMV clearanced at TRU for 9.98, and this week all clearance titles 9.99 and under are 50% off.

Just got back from the TRU in Bloomingdale, IL. They had at least 15 more copies, but I'm no hoarder. Got FFXII and Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition for $4.99 a piece. CAG rules. :applause:

PS. I did pick up an extra copy of FFXII, if anyone is interested. PM me and we'll see what we can do.

should be $9.98 at all TRU. The reason it was half off was a sale on clearance games. I know we had a horder come into mine when it first went clearance and he bought all like 15 copies we had of that, about 10 copies of Hitman 360, etc. The guy spent around $600 on clearance games, I thought he was a huge asshole, especially since he kept asking us to check the prices (during holiday season) on games he obviously knew the price of.

I saw it a couple weeks ago at the Roanoke TRU marked at $10, I didn't get it scanned as I already have it from TRU's sale on it and FF3 last holiday season.

Then again I just noticed that IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan is from VA too. Hmmm... I hope there isn't a horder lurking around my 'hood.

Anyway, I can't really go fetch copies for anyone because gas would be around $10 to get me there and back but if you're in the area, you might want to check it out.

Not a big fan of hoarders like that. I will pick up a few copies of games at a very good price and try to turn a profit or use them as trade bait. But I try not to be an ass about it. There were a few things sitting in the bin that did not appear to be on clearance and did not scan as such, either. I wasn't going to be a jerk and start an argument, especially a losing one.

[quote name='sp00ge']It was recently made GH, so a $19.99 MSRP. It's YMMV clearanced at TRU for 9.98, and this week all clearance titles 9.99 and under are 50% off.[/quote]wow rly i bought 2 games for 9.99 each the other day can i go get the diffrence?

[quote name='bobthecat23']wow rly i bought 2 games for 9.99 each the other day can i go get the diffrence?[/quote]

Were they 9.99 or 9.98? If they didn't end in x.98, you may have trouble as x.99 isn't considered clearance.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1962/truff12yw0.jpg
truff12yw0.jpg

[quote name='sp00ge']Were they 9.99 or 9.98? If they didn't end in x.98, you may have trouble as x.99 isn't considered clearance.[/quote] yea they were it was lumines2 and WTF(Work Time Fun)

Like I said before, if anyone can find 2 copies (one for me and one for my brother) I will pay cost + shipping + extra for your effort.

[quote name='bobthecat23']wow rly i bought 2 games for 9.99 each the other day can i go get the diffrence?[/QUOTE]

You certainly can do that as long as it's within 30 days. Sometimes within 45 days YMMV...

I might go back to that area tomorrow, so if I do, I will pick whatever is left, and some of you who cannot find them can have them for a little extra. Kuros is earmarked for the first two. Hopefully, there were some buried a little deeper in that bin.

what other games are cheap at TRU? I really want FFXII as long as it's not the GH one.

I would go to TRU myself but I don't like that store anymore. I used to work there last month (quit in 1 week lol) and I just don't want to go there. lol

[quote name='Kuros']Like I said before, if anyone can find 2 copies (one for me and one for my brother) I will pay cost + shipping + extra for your effort.[/quote] yo dude im going back tomarow to get my money back from the games and ill them for u

If I can find it, I might make this my first purchase in over a month. Might as well play it (if I end up enjoying it) before Revenant Wings.

I went today to pick up the FF 12 and they had it marked at 9.98 but it rings up 4.99. I also picked up Disgaea 2 which was marked at 17.98 but rang up 10.98

if anyone has doubts? ask for a price check on those item numbers or upc numbers on the scanned receipt. it should indicate that there's a promo.

now, regarding FFXII being on clearance, i think not all TRU mark them down.

I grabbed an extra $4.98 FFXII if anyone wants it...PM me. They have about 15 more copies, so I may be able to swing by and grab another...

bread's done
Back