Final Fantasy 13 (Xbox 360) 19.99 at Meijer

Have you actually seen the Platinum Hits version? I've been looking everywhere for one, and no store has it. They either don't have FF13 at all, or they have the old green box one.

[quote name='takotchi']Have you actually seen the Platinum Hits version? I've been looking everywhere for one, and no store has it. They either don't have FF13 at all, or they have the old green box one.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure TRU has it. I know they has a few copies there when I went in there the other day.

[quote name='takotchi']Have you actually seen the Platinum Hits version? I've been looking everywhere for one, and no store has it. They either don't have FF13 at all, or they have the old green box one.[/QUOTE]

Is there something special about the platinum hits version?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Is there something special about the platinum hits version?[/QUOTE]

Well, I know at least it has a nicer-looking box... (God I hate the tacky green boxes.)

I really hope (but doubt) they included the Easy Mode that's in the Japanese version.

Other than the slim chance they did that, no, there's nothing special about it.

I was under the impression that MSRP on FF13 is 29.99. Gamestop and Bestbuy are still selling the game for both systems at that price.

Not really. TECHNICALLY they all list FF13 as 30 MSRP, but they've all been selling that for $20, not even in sales. Amazon has it for $20, and, hell, WALMART has it for $20.

Most stores I've seen sell it for $30... around me, Worst Buy, Target, TRU, and Gamestop all sell it for $30. Only Walmart has it for $30.

GS had it at $20 a couple weeks ago, but it went back up to $30.

edit: K-mart has it tagged at $59.99. Who the hell knows what it rings up as.

Well, I'm waiting to buy a Platinum Hits copy at $20 or less. I've bought enough versions of this game already.

No, I've never seen the platinum hits version in person now that I think about it takotchi. In the past, especially during the ps1/ps2 era, I knew people who didn't want greatest hits versions for one reason or another, so now I'm curious to know why people are actually looking for the greatest hits version.

Just like some people think the GH/PH/etc. boxes are ugly, I actually think the PH boxes are nicer looking. That's just me.

Some PH games (Mass Effect 1, for example) have extra stuff included, but it's not the norm.

bread's done
Back