Final Fantasy @ $9.99 & Final Fantasy II @ $12.99 (PSP)

Ardrid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Looks like Amazon decided to price match Newegg's deal from last week. They have Final Fantasy for $9.99. Final Fantasy II is going for $12.99 and will likely drop to $9.99 as well given that FF was $12.99 last night. Been looking forward to snagging a copy of both these games since I've never had a chance to experience them.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-Sony-PSP/dp/B000NPTOTK/ref=pd_ys_qtk_general_recs_16
http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-II-Sony-PSP/dp/B000NPOGWK/ref=pd_ys_qtk_general_recs_12

These games are fairly dumbed down from their original incarnations, but the visuals and sound were done up nicely. Definitely worth it if you like RPGs on the go.

The older Square-Enix games on PSP might all be getting a price cut. The MSRP price for FF Tactics and Crisis Core:FF7 are both listed as $12.99 now. Just a FYI for those interested.

FYI. Both Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy 2 are $3.99 on the itunes app store. (For iPod touch and iPhone ). So if you prefer that, go for it!

Now if only we could get a price cut on PSN! Or wait, is FF1 and FF2 even on PSN?

Still kickin myself in the nuts for getting suckered into a PSP Go.

Is it ironic that for FF2, in their more buying choices it is 9.99 from j&r. Can i get them to price match that?

[quote name='kaply']Is it ironic that for FF2, in their more buying choices it is 9.99 from j&r. Can i get them to price match that?[/QUOTE]
Nope.

Wow, my CAG luck has been really good lately, only visiting the site once every week or so, but finally coming on the days of the PERFECT deal for me. I had been eyeing these very games as my next Amazon purchase for a bit now, thanks a bunch OP!!

These days I look more toward the forum side bar on the main home page over the actual main feed itself for the good deals for me :p .

P.S. Hm, I wonder how long this deal will last, is this a temp price drop you think? Because yeah, would be nice to hold off till FF2 matches to 9.99 from amazon...granted still need to get something else to get free shipping regardless since it's so cheap now :p .

[quote name='legendarydogs']Is ff2, ff2, or ff4?[/QUOTE]

It's the real FF2. They haven't used the fucked-up numbering for years.

I *LOVED* the Final Fantasy 1 remake. All the remakes should have been done on the PSP, and done like this. The DS graphics IMO are worse than the originals, and these are better-what's awesome is both the graphics and music are pulled DIRECTLY from the original game-they're still crazy iconic, things are still in the same place, etc., but they're completely redone to be high resolution/color. The music even sounds orchestral (or if it's not, good synthesis), but again sounds like an awesome, flawless update of the original tracks.

It's just crazy well done-this and Resident Evil for Gamecube are exactly what you want in a remake.

Final Fantasy 1 has aged well, but the changes they've made here make it more streamlined, so it's actually a fast play through. In the original, if you had a character attack an enemy who was then first killed by another character, you'd lose that attack-in this, they just move on to another enemy like in most RPGs. Technically it removes a strategic element, but really it makes in more fun to play IMO.

I've played through this once on the PSP, and the original NES game maybe 3 times with various parties...there's some fun to be had doing that, since unlike in later games, (other than an optional mid-game class upgrade) you're locked in to the classes you pick at the beginning-which is actually kind fun.

I've done an "all magic" party before with a Red Mage, a White Mage, and two Black Mages...and yep, I've beaten the game like that too :whistle2:D

The thief (upgraded to Ninja) is still the most worthless class though IMO, though I've used one of them too and they're okay.

To those of you on the fence, keep in mind that there's a reason people only started caring about Final Fantasy when IV was released.

Dude, that was only the second Final Fantasy game released in the U.S. In fact the original was pushed pretty hard here, and sold pretty well AFAIK. The "sequel" (i.e. 4) was featured pretty heavily too since people liked the original. They renamed two other different series to "Final Fantasy" also because it already had name recognition just from the first game alone.

The first game was really strong for the time, and IMO is still better than average compared to modern Japanese RPGs.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dude, that was only the second Final Fantasy game released in the U.S. In fact the original was pushed pretty hard here, and sold pretty well AFAIK. The "sequel" (i.e. 4) was featured pretty heavily too since people liked the original. They renamed two other different series to "Final Fantasy" also because it already had name recognition just from the first game alone.

The first game was really strong for the time, and IMO is still better than average compared to modern Japanese RPGs.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about the history behind them; 1-3 still sucked. ._.

I don't think the stories got really good until 6 (though 4 was revolutionary for it's time), but still I like the stories in the early ones more than the typical Japanese RPG, and the gameplay was strong IMO.

6 was great, I just wish they would release FF Anthology on PSN as a PSOne Classic. I would even pay $20 for a HD sprite version. That would be cool.

I agree that the stories got better with age, but I still love all the Final Fantasy games. I am an avid collector, and I just happen to be missing FF II from my collection. Thanks OP.
cool2.gif
:D

[quote name='Wolfpup']I don't think the stories got really good until 6 (though 4 was revolutionary for it's time), but still I like the stories in the early ones more than the typical Japanese RPG, and the gameplay was strong IMO.[/QUOTE]

Damnit, what's going on here, the prices keep fluctuating, and I havent placed my order yet, now FF1 is back to 12ish and is no longer 9.99....

bread's done
Back