Final Fantasy: Advent Children with bonus $19.99 gamestop.com

wbc1228

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
not sure if this is a deal but i'll post it anyway.
seems like Final Fantasy: Advent Children went down $5 at gamestop.
it suppose to include the bonus disc. i know it is $5 more than Circuit City/Best Buy but some people like me like bonus stuff just for the heck of it (even though I will probably not watch it). remember to use freeshipall for free shipping.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B067985A

google cache (reference only)
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache...hildren&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&client=opera

it says on that page the bonus is for preordering though. will they still give it to you even though it's not technically a "preorder" anymore?

"Bonus Offer! - Preorder Final Fantasy: Advent Children and receive an Exclusive FFVII Advent Children Bonus Disc FREE! Contains in depth interviews with the leading voice acting cast! While supplies last!"

[quote name='banpeikun']it says on that page the bonus is for preordering though. will they still give it to you even though it's not technically a "preorder" anymore?

"Bonus Offer! - Preorder Final Fantasy: Advent Children and receive an Exclusive FFVII Advent Children Bonus Disc FREE! Contains in depth interviews with the leading voice acting cast! While supplies last!"[/QUOTE]
If there are some left over, then yes, they'll ship out with a non-preorder. Been the case for all the other bonus items for games on gamestop.com, don't see why this would be any different.

Also, YMMV in gatting the same price in-store, some stores have the 19.99 price listed intheir systems, others still have the 24.99 price. It's really strange, I haven't ever seen this happen before. As an example, a couple stores in IL are still at 24.99, while a few in WI are at 19.99. Maybe the prices will go down to 19.99 by tomorrow in those stores, but who knows.

I placed a preorder for this back when they added the bonus disc, and received my copy today (using FREESHIPALL, no less). Lucky for me they adjusted the original preorder price of $24.99 to meet their new price without forcing me to send an unfriendly email first.

damn, i went to GS and didn't think it would be sold out....how come I can't use FREESHIPALL? it says invalid coupon.

Edit : n/m on freeshipall, works

[quote name='gokou36']damn, i went to GS and didn't think it would be sold out....how come I can't use FREESHIPALL? it says invalid coupon.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't appear to be out of stock, just the OP's link doesn't work anymore. Have you tried clicking through to the DVD from Gamestop.com's main page?

Also, try going to Gamestop through the link on the CAG homepage. That should do it.

[quote name='bdw418']It doesn't appear to be out of stock, just the OP's link doesn't work anymore. Have you tried clicking through to the DVD from Gamestop.com's main page?

Also, try going to Gamestop through the link on the CAG homepage. That should do it.[/QUOTE]

Weird.... I just clicked it and my link worked. Did I messed up?

Also, is anyone else having weird issues with the site? I placed my order yesterday night. I got an order confirmation email sent to me (which is usually 50% of the time). BUT when I tried to look up the order status, it states that the order # is invalid (not found in the system). Seems like gamestop might of accidently deleted my order and I may have to reorder. Guess I need to call them tomorrow morning to see what is going on.

[quote name='wbc1228']Weird.... I just clicked it and my link worked. Did I messed up?

Also, is anyone else having weird issues with the site? I placed my order yesterday night. I got an order confirmation email sent to me (which is usually 50% of the time). BUT when I tried to look up the order status, it states that the order # is invalid (not found in the system). Seems like gamestop might of accidently deleted my order and I may have to reorder. Guess I need to call them tomorrow morning to see what is going on.[/QUOTE]
Nope, wbc1228, you're right. I clicked on your link just now and it was indeed working.

I placed my order yesterday, got the e-mail, and saw they had changed the order status from "processing" to "shipped," so you may want to place your order again.

[quote name='bdw418']Nope, wbc1228, you're right. I clicked on your link just now and it was indeed working.

I placed my order yesterday, got the e-mail, and saw they had changed the order status from "processing" to "shipped," so you may want to place your order again.[/QUOTE]

thanks for letting me know. i'll place another order.

Wow! I placed an order yesterday on Tuesday and chose the cheapest shipping method (5-10 business days delivery) and I got my order today already. And I got the bonus disc too. Before I ordered I called their customer service and the person I talked to said there were plenty of the bonus discs left.

I guess that's the benefit of living 30 minutes away from the Gamestop headquarters. Their headquarters and wherehouse are probably in the same place. I'll definately order online from now on since I get 1 day overnight delivery for the price of the USA Saver method.

I just watched that "Bonus Disc". Seems more like a bummer disc to me. What a total waste of money! No trailers, theres only a short interview of Steve Burton, Rachael Leigh Cook, and Mena Suvari. After it ends, the disc loops and the interview segment starts over again.

I like bonus discs but this was utter crap. Save your money. Get it at BB, CC, etc for $14.99

Bonus discs like Metal Gear Saga and the Ace Combat 5 ones were nice. They included cool stuff and came in a nice dvd case with cover. This FF:AC seemed like something that came out of the dumpster

[quote name='quickie817']I just watched that "Bonus Disc". Seems more like a bummer disc to me. What a total waste of money! No trailers, theres only a short interview of Steve Burton, Rachael Leigh Cook, and Mena Suvari. After it ends, the disc loops and the interview segment starts over again.

I like bonus discs but this was utter crap. Save your money. Get it at BB, CC, etc for $14.99[/QUOTE]

How long was the bonus disc? Does it at least come in a pretty dvd case?

[quote name='wbc1228']How long was the bonus disc? Does it at least come in a pretty dvd case?[/quote]

the bonus disc is a complete waste. it's about 15 mins long and comes in a clear standard jewel case. you're better off getting ff:ac at bestbuy or cc if they haven't sold out yet. i know most of them in my area are sold out.

I seem to be the only one that enjoyed the extra content on the bonus disc. It's always neat to get some behind-the-scenes stuff, and it'll be a nice little collector's item to own a few years down the road. I don't regret spending the extra cash.

I dont like the fact that they only interviewed three people. And those three people arent really voice actors. They are tv and movie actors. I wanted to see interviews with voice actors like Chrispin Freeman.

I also heard the dubbing was disappointing - the only one that was done well was by Vincent (voiced by the same person who did spike in Cowboy Bebop).

When I first saw this topic, I thought to myself: "Shit, I wish I could have waited another day to open my copy.."

When I finished reading this thread, I was relieved because you guys are saying the bonus disc sucks.

[quote name='Kyo']I also heard the dubbing was disappointing - the only one that was done well was by Vincent (voiced by the same person who did spike in Cowboy Bebop).[/QUOTE]

The dubbing was pretty damn good.

[quote name='Kyo']I also heard the dubbing was disappointing - the only one that was done well was by Vincent (voiced by the same person who did spike in Cowboy Bebop).[/QUOTE]
The people who are pissing and moaning about the dub are clearly doing so because their fanboy egos need something to complain about. Oh, their precious Final fantasy got touched by the filthy Americans!

Anyhow, the dub is, for the most part, great. Vincent was nowhere near the highlight of the dub, either. I'd give that to Reno or possibly Kadaj.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The people who are pissing and moaning about the dub are clearly doing so because their fanboy egos need something to complain about. Oh, their precious Final fantasy got touched by the filthy Americans![/QUOTE]

Or it could be (gasp) that some people like me hate fucking dubs like the Ebola Virus. I couldn't care if you like them - fine. But I hate em. Oh well, right? To each their own I guess. ;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']Or it could be (gasp) that some people like me hate fucking dubs like the Ebola Virus. I couldn't care if you like them - fine. But I hate em. Oh well, right? To each their own I guess. ;)[/QUOTE]
... Case in point. Hating bad dubs is one thing, but hating all dubs is pretty retarded. What's the basis for your blind hatred, might I ask?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']... Case in point. Hating bad dubs is one thing, but hating all dubs is pretty retarded. What's the basis for your blind hatred, might I ask?[/quote] I can't stand these kind of people. It's like they can only listen in Japanese because it makes them feel l33t or whatever. I prefer dubs if they're above average because I'd rather watch more of the movie and less of the subtitles.

To stay on topic, I thought the dub was decent and above average, not outstanding though.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Or it could be (gasp) that some people like me hate fucking dubs like the Ebola Virus. I couldn't care if you like them - fine. But I hate em. Oh well, right? To each their own I guess. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume you watch all your cartoons in subtitles though? Or is it just the special Japanese ones that can't be defiled by American hands (or voices)?

I mean... let's go through the list:

Good dubbing... check.
Lips are in synch with the words...check.
Nothing really sounds out of place or weird...check.

I assume you also must hate the dubbing on Kingdom Hearts 2 since its by and large the same people?

[quote name='chaarlieee']I can't stand these kind of people. It's like they can only listen in Japanese because it makes them feel l33t or whatever. I prefer dubs if they're above average because I'd rather watch more of the movie and less of the subtitles.[/QUOTE]

Its more of a preference than anything else. I prefer hearing the original dialog and what not even if its in a foriegn language and I have to read subtitles. Then again for the most part I can read them fast enough so I can keep up with the film and not miss much while reading.

To those who like the English dub enjoy. I'll stick to the Japanise track. :D

[quote name='Roufuss']I assume you also must hate the dubbing on Kingdom Hearts 2 since its by and large the same people?[/QUOTE]

You might want to do a little research Roufuss as I don't own a PS2. ;)

I always like foreign films subbed no matter what language they are in because it feels more natural, and I'm watching the movie the way it was intended. Dubs are always off no matter how good they are because you can't exactly match what they are trying to say with the lip movement. I still like dubs if they are done fairly well because I'm lazy, but I'll take a good subbing over them if I can get one.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I found the story to be a little confusing...guess I'll have to watch it again. But all in all, I thought the production values were quite good!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The people who are pissing and moaning about the dub are clearly doing so because their fanboy egos need something to complain about. Oh, their precious Final fantasy got touched by the filthy Americans!

Anyhow, the dub is, for the most part, great. Vincent was nowhere near the highlight of the dub, either. I'd give that to Reno or possibly Kadaj.[/QUOTE]

(Wouldn't any non Japanese FF release fall under the 'touched by dirty Americans' thing? :D )

I liked Sepiroth best in the dub, actually... that first moment when he's back, and the camera zooms in... "Nice to see you again, Cloud.".... the VA nailed that line! :bouncy:

Didn't care for Vincent... he's a science experiment, not a chain smoker!

I agree with Roufuss that the dubbing was good although it is still a pain in the butt when characters talk without moving their lips. I think this ruined one character (dont want to blow a spoiler) who had a better reveal than Sephiroth (in my opinion). My only question is how in the heck did Tseng survive FFVII? I thought he was clearly dead and Aeries mourned him. Did I miss something? (for anyone who didn't catch his brief appearance, check the credits as someone did a voice for him even though I dont remeber him speaking).

[quote name='opportunity777']. Dubs are always off no matter how good they are because you can't exactly match what they are trying to say with the lip movement. [/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Square nailed this one correctly, since they spent months resyncing the lips.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm pretty sure Square nailed this one correctly, since they spent months resyncing the lips.[/QUOTE]
They didn't alter any of the lip movements from the original, actually. Given that fact, I thought they did a very admirable job in matching the dialogue to look mostly natural.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I can't stand these kind of people. It's like they can only listen in Japanese because it makes them feel l33t or whatever. I prefer dubs if they're above average because I'd rather watch more of the movie and less of the subtitles.

To stay on topic, I thought the dub was decent and above average, not outstanding though.[/quote]
Same here. I would rather watch the characters as they do stuff, rather than keep my eyesight somewhere in the middle of the action and subtitles. Sure the Japanese track may be cool, but I always watch anime in english the first time through.

Well I don't hate all dubs, just the ones seem to be out of place or awful.

Either that or I'm used to the jap voices - I used to watch naruto all the time with subtitles. But when naruto was relesed with dubs on tv, I couldn't watch it and had to go back with subtitles.

Sides, does everybody agree that Full Metal Alchmist and cowboy bebop had great voice acting?

[quote name='Kyo']Well I don't hate all dubs, just the ones seem to be out of place or awful.

Either that or I'm used to the jap voices - I used to watch naruto all the time with subtitles. But when naruto was relesed with dubs on tv, I couldn't watch it and had to go back with subtitles.

Sides, does everybody agree that Full Metal Alchmist and cowboy bebop had great voice acting?[/QUOTE]

I thought the dub for cowboy bebop was great but i don't like the dub for full metal alchemist.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm pretty sure Square nailed this one correctly, since they spent months resyncing the lips.[/quote]

I hope that's sarcasm I'm detecting. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but I thought the dub was terrible. It's the only thing about the movie I didn't like. Characters were talking and their voices weren't matching up. Bothers the hell out of me.

[quote name='darthjones']Anyone know where I can still get the regular DVD for 14.99?[/quote]
$14.96 at Amazon. You can also call your local Walmart, some may still be selling for ~$15.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Its more of a preference than anything else. I prefer hearing the original dialog and what not even if its in a foriegn language and I have to read subtitles. Then again for the most part I can read them fast enough so I can keep up with the film and not miss much while reading.
[/quote]

I'm appreciative of the quality going into dubs nowadays. I don't have to be embarassed or cringing when I watch something with my son, who is too young to read subtitles and wouldn't care anyway.

Given the choice, though, I'd much rather watch subtitles. What I want, more than anything, is to know what they're really saying. I know enough Japanese to know when the subtitles and/or dub get creative and (some of the time) what's really being said.

I mean, I like the Disney Ghibli dubs. More often than not, they're very good. But they still have the annoying habits of inserting dialog where there is none (I think because Disney is terrified of silence) and overexplaining the obvious (because they want children to be able to understand easier).

Haha gamestop.com is selling the bonus disc alone for 10$ on the website. what a load of crap. 10$ for 15 minutes of worthless info.

bread's done
Back