Final Fantasy Celebration @ the Metreon

martin8me

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I got an e-mail from Sony that they would be celebrating the release of the 20th Anniversery FF 1/2.

From the e-mail:

WHEN: Tuesday, June 26, 2007, at 6:00 PM

WHERE: PLAYSTATION®Store @ Metreon
101 4th St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 369-6040

Over 20 years ago, a talented group of developers set out to create a swan song that would reflect their devotion and passion to the gaming world. Conceived as the company's final project, this small team created a piece of history. With the support of fans like you, FINAL FANTASY® defied the odds and is now a worldwide phenomenon.

Is anyone gonna attend?

Also the first 100 people in line receive a "Final Fantasy giveaway"

Yea, I've been planning to attend since I heard about it a few weeks back. My friend says he will be dressing up too... eck. But for sure we will try to be within that first 100 people in line.

Hmm...might pop by. I won't be able to get there until maybe 4:30 or 5, but my 6:30 class is 1 block from Metreon, so it's worth checking out.

What exactly is going to happen? Small party, meet of various fans, possible various giveaways, guest speakers and possibly some sort of trailer shows? I might go since Im probably free on Tuesday.

Well, if anyone is going, I've got real short hair and a short-sleeved navy polo with a red lion on the front. I should get there between 4 and 5.

Nah...definitely not all that great. I was about 75th in line getting there at about 3:45...when things finally got going I was 96th (there was that much line-cutting). We went in and got a pretty cool t-shirt (i'll post a pic) and they took a picture of everyone that they printed off and gave to us with a nice lil' FF 20th Anniversary Celebration background. There was a raffle. Naturally, since I held #96 the winners were #95 and #99, and they get a mystery prize mailed to them from the Square-Enix online store. They also promised a "history of FF" video with a sneak peak of FFXIII, but they were in such a hurry to shuffle the crowd through the line to buy the new FF for PSP that they kicked me out before I could see the video.

There was only 1 dude cosplaying as Auron. Nice homemade costume and sword. They also did some trivia with members of the gaming media, one of whom didn't know ANYTHING about the series and was booed heartily.

That was it. I wanted a cool schwag bag and got a t-shirt. Decent enough, but probably not worth the 2+ hour wait, especially since i didn't even see the preview I wanted to see.

Free shirts are always nice, especially ones that are related to FF? I almost forgot about it until my way home, by then it was a little over 6:00, so I knew I probably missed out.

How's the Sony store? More specifically, how's the customer service? Seriously, even though I've been there only about 5 times, I always see the a group of employees just chatting away in the back (Not that I've ever needed help), leaving the store grounds just empty.

TahoeMax pretty much summed it up. I was number 37 in line. I didn't bother to take any pictures because there weren't alot of cosplayers. And the Auron and Squall I saw were horrible... IMO (but then again, most cosplayers can't look close or good enough to the actual characters anyway). But when my prize(s) from the Square Store arrive, I'll be sure to post some pictures.

oh, you won the raffle, too, you dog! definitely wanna see some pics of your prize.

I was REALLY miffed to see the 4th guy win. He cut in the line with 30 minutes to go. SO MUCH damn cutting pissed me off royally.

62n5o94.jpg

4trr6hk.jpg

Sorry 'bout the lousy pics. Camera phone, y'know?

Very nice. But if you thought the cutting was bad today, you should've seen how it was during the PS3 launch at the Metreon. I'd say at least 200+ people managed to squish in before us. Me and my friends were in the ~300 position when we got there. By midnight, we were bumped to ~600. Luckily they had over 800 PS3 60GBs...

Heh, I waited in line for 3 hours the morning EB started taking preorders. I was #8 out of 8 60GB units, plunked down my deposit and went home. Not a single line cutter to be seen in our quiet little hamlet of Berkeley :)

Damn those shirts look hot!

Congrats on those who got prizes and shirts.

I wish I went and got one, and make all the FF fanboys at my school jealous.:D

that shirt looks great! is it size XXXLLLLL like every other free video game shirt? :)

to the person who asked about the Metreon, the customer service is "meh". out of all the times I've been there, I've only seen employees when they are ringing customers up for stuff.

I can never find anyone on the floor to answer questions about anything.

I was given the choice between medium and large. I took a medium. I was worried it would be the typical XXXXXL, too, but the line was mostly skinny Asians and I think they anticipated that somewhat. So yeah...it actually fits me, which is nice :)

bread's done
Back