Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - General Discussion & Info.

leveskikesko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Source: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ffcc/eot/

image.jpg

(
Part of this image is the DS game, but I'm pretty sure the games look identical since Ds players can play Wii players)

* Available on Wii AND DS
* 4-player action RPG
* Supports ad-hoc and wireless online
* Play with friends
* Play with anyone in Japan or the world
* Play with anyone on the DS or on the Wii
* Play anywhere, anytime

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
MMM!
My dick is red and sore from beatin' it to all these announcements today!

--

I'm not really following this. So there will be a RETAIL version of the Wii game and a RETAIL version of the DS game, correct? Are they both the same game?

But you ONLY need one game..right?
:whistle2:k
Like if me and my BF were going to play the Wii Version together..we don't need to use our DS' right? This isn't like the first FFCC for 'cube where everyone had to have a GBA (and link cable).

:rofl: I am so confused. Can you explain? I just got in from work and I am RETARDED and TIRED and HUNGRY :( :(

The Wii and DS versions essentially share the same engine. I guess theoretically you could buy both the Wii and DS versions and play with each other using both the DS and the Wii.

[quote name='lilboo']MMM!
--

I'm not really following this. So there will be a RETAIL version of the Wii game and a RETAIL version of the DS game, correct? Are they both the same game?

But you ONLY need one game..right?
:whistle2:k
Like if me and my BF were going to play the Wii Version together..we don't need to use our DS' right? This isn't like the first FFCC for 'cube where everyone had to have a GBA (and link cable).

:rofl: I am so confused. Can you explain? I just got in from work and I am RETARDED and TIRED and HUNGRY :( :([/quote]
Wow, you're one of a kind...aren't you?

Any way since it's just been announced we can't know everything. However, I'm pretty sure this means you will be able to play with both your DS friends and Wii friends in this game, with both versions of the game.

I'm also guessing this means both versions are identical for the most part.

So, no I don't think you will need both a DS and Wii to play, just one or the other.

All these game announcements today is giving me a headache. How do we process all this information with all this stuff coming out? The wii threads are freaking alive. Like WTF?... I'm not sure if this game will be good or not. I'm probably to wait for videos first.

You like playing games on a nice TV instead of a 3" screen? In Japan it looks like both versions are the same price.

I'll be buying the Wii one and I can't wait to go online and play the hell out of it! Even though I personally think they should have done more with the Wii one graphically, I think it is still going to be a pretty fun game. Besides, I been wanting more online FF ever since XI started to suck and go the way most MMORPGs do.

Hmm, not sure how I feel about the picture-in-picture menu for the Wii version. I realize that being the same game as the DS version means you'll need to have the pointer do some stylus stuff, but hopefully there are other options for displaying that menu screen.

Is there local multiplayer? I mean, involving only one Wii?

Otherwise, this game looks pretty fun. Hopefully, the ad-hoc online experience works out.

So this comes out in a little under twenty four hours, any one picking it up? I went ahead and did a per order myself, just looks like a fun game, with online play seeming pretty cool. Some reviews are out for it now seems to be getting average reviews, which is where I thought it would be. Nothing ground braking, but fun and that is what I am looking for.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47006.html

http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/954342-final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-echoes-of-time/index.html

I preordered the DS version @ GS. Might grab the Wii version if it gets discounted heavily for local multiplayer with my son.

I didn't see this game advertised in my target ad. I hope it will still be available there.

Wii version here I come!

I got it! Love the gameplay but I didn't have a huge problem with the graphics on the Wii compared to the screen size.

The text is hard to read even when I enlarged the game screen. Is there a way to make the game full screen on the tv? I was extremely disappointed when I was playing the game in a square box that didn't utilize the whole televsion screen.

I think my copy of this shows up today. I should have a chance to start getting into it over the next few days to decide if I'll start playing online.

bread's done
Back