Final Fantasy I &II for the GBA!!!

I just went over there looking for some news and bam! saw this.

I did not think it had been posted and figured this would make a lot of people happy

Both great games. I do hope they do some minor things like speeding up how fast a character walks and such. Isn't FF II the one that has a boss that is three witch sisters and like one can heal one can raise the dead and the othe rone has offensive magic. That was one of the toughest abttles I've ever fought

I just saw the news on Magicbox sweet. Hopefully this means Square plans on also remaking Final Fantasy 3-6 for GBA too and maybe 7 for PSP the future looks bright for mobile gaming

[quote name='jlarlee']Isn't FF II the one that has a boss that is three witch sisters and like one can heal one can raise the dead and the othe rone has offensive magic. That was one of the toughest abttles I've ever fought[/quote]

I think what you're thinking of is the battle in the Tower of Zot with Cindy, Mindy and Sandy. That was in FFIV, but was FFII here in the US. Since Square put the series back on the Japanese numbers, I think the one we can expect is the second one released in Japan which was on FF Origins last year.

I'm excited to hear the news, I hope this means they'll be bringing III-VI to the GBA!

[ Since Square put the series back on the Japanese numbers, I think the one we can expect is the second one released in Japan which was on FF Origins last year.

it's hard enough having to keep track of 12 games in a series when you also have to keep track of alternate #'s what is 2 like?

[quote name='jlarlee']it's hard enough having to keep track of 12 games in a series when you also have to keep track of alternate #'s what is 2 like?[/quote]

It's a decent game. If you like FF games you should like II. The game focuses much more on characterization and plot than its predecessor. Also, the more you use a skill the more powerful it becomes, which I think, was a really good system for its day. You can definitely see the evolution of the series from I to II.

[quote name='rebenns']Awesome! Now I won't have to buy this for PSOne![/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Got Chronicles and Anthology, but I would have rather got them all on the GBA.

[quote name='magictoilet'][quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']damn this means I have to buy origins for gba as well?[/quote]

no, origins is on the psone[/quote]

well, it is sort of the same thing. Origins is a 16 bit remake of 1&2 and I don't know the specs of the wonderswan, but that is where these are being ported from. I just meant to say that it was the same thing, cause I kinda buy the same squaresoft games over and over again, and I wanted to have a little bit of commentary on that.

I'd rather they translate III and release it here. It's the only FF game yet to be released state-side.

Square must be taking marketing advice from Nintendo. Release the same games over and over and over and over...

[quote name='DenisDFat']They should put out a game that's actually worth buying.

Like SD3[/quote]

If by SD3 you mean Seiken Densetsu 3, then I definitely agree. I played the shit out of that game on my snes9x.

why?????

didnt they just re-release these on ps-1???? [they did cause i own it]

i dont think GBA could handle SD3.

Front mission 1+2 on the other hand.........

jlarlee wrote:
Isn't FF II the one that has a boss that is three witch sisters and like one can heal one can raise the dead and the othe rone has offensive magic. That was one of the toughest abttles I've ever fought

Cast reflect on two of them and beat the shit out of one. For when you get it on gba.

wowo, even tho i never heard abt that but it is expected! what a wonderul news!! Final Fantasy forever!!! FF the best!! can't wait for FFXII~ :lol:

[quote name='CarmenJubei']wowo, even tho i never heard abt that but it is expected! what a wonderul news!! Final Fantasy forever!!! FF the best!! can't wait for FFXII~ :lol:[/quote]

could you please stop bumping old topics? i know youre new, but everytime you post in a topic thats been dead for a month, it puts it on the front page, and youre not really adding anything to the thread.

im not trying to be a jerk, its just annoying seeing all this e3 stuff again for no reason

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='CarmenJubei']wowo, even tho i never heard abt that but it is expected! what a wonderul news!! Final Fantasy forever!!! FF the best!! can't wait for FFXII~ :lol:[/quote]

could you please stop bumping old topics? i know youre new, but everytime you post in a topic thats been dead for a month, it puts it on the front page, and youre not really adding anything to the thread.

im not trying to be a jerk, its just annoying seeing all this e3 stuff again for no reason[/quote]

halo~!? yea, i know you are an old ass, however, on this board~ i don't see the reasons why I can't post on some 'older' threads as long as they are open~ u know what, u better get yourself a life :lol:

[quote name='CarmenJubei'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='CarmenJubei']wowo, even tho i never heard abt that but it is expected! what a wonderul news!! Final Fantasy forever!!! FF the best!! can't wait for FFXII~ :lol:[/quote]

im not trying to be a jerk, its just annoying seeing all this e3 stuff again for no reason[/quote]

halo~!? yea, i know you are an old ass, however, on this board~ i don't see the reasons why I can't post on some 'older' threads as long as they are open~ u know what, u better get yourself a life :lol:[/quote]

nice first impression n00b

i thought i'd elaborate a bit on my last post.

yea, i know you are an old ass, however, on this board

what does how long ive been here have to do with anything? i was asking you nicley to stop something, which people have, in the past, said they didnt know bumped topics to the front when posting in them.

i don't see the reasons why I can't post on some 'older' threads as long as they are open

again, you can, but i said it was annoying because of the fact that the threads you were bumping were old and by saying "0mg!!11!! ff12zorz!!!211!" you added nothing, so y bring up such an old topic for no reason?

u know what, u better get yourself a life
why are you such a cocklord? i asked you, very nicley, to do something, which you could have said no to, and stated y you disagreed, instead you decided to just call me names?

this is not gamefaqs, this website is a community.

[quote name='DenisDFat']why? it's not good news.[/quote]

I thought you of all people would be happy, considering FF 1 nor 2 is on your list of things that suck list.

personally I'll prob pass, I owned Orgins and I just couldn't get into either.

bread's done
Back