Final Fantasy III (The final fantasy NEVER released in US) on Nintendo DS

ChrisXE

Banned
Im not sure if its been posted here yet, but here goes nothing..

Square Enix has given word today that they are going to be bringing Final Fantasy III to to the Nintendo DS.. It hasn't been revealed yet whether or not the game will see a North American release, and no Japanese release date has been given yet.

Few details have been revealed concerning the game, but it has been confirmed that the game will make use of the system's dual screen and touch panel capabilities. Apparently, the touch panel will be linked with collecting crystals in the game.

Credit RPGG

[quote name='ChrisXE']Im not sure if its been posted here yet, but here goes nothing..

Square Enix has given word today that they are going to be bringing Final Fantasy III to to the Nintendo DS.. It hasn't been revealed yet whether or not the game will see a North American release, and no Japanese release date has been given yet.

Few details have been revealed concerning the game, but it has been confirmed that the game will make use of the system's dual screen and touch panel capabilities. Apparently, the touch panel will be linked with collecting crystals in the game.

Credit RPGG[/quote]

That was announced back during the October conference...

id rather have this game come out on playstation, just because i have every other final fantasy game (except 11, which i dont count as an ff game) on playstation.

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='ChrisXE']Im not sure if its been posted here yet, but here goes nothing..

Credit RPGG[/quote]

yea that sounds about right, BUT some folks here I bet dident know, so I just passed the word on

That was announced back during the October conference...[/quote]

[quote name='kaji7p56']I heard that Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos will be on DS also. It was on IGN.

Yep cant wait, I made a post about it earlier today :)

Woo-Hoo![/quote]

[quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='ChrisXE']Im not sure if its been posted here yet, but here goes nothing..

Credit RPGG[/quote]

yea that sounds about right, BUT some folks here I bet dident know, so I just passed the word on

That was announced back during the October conference...[/quote][/quote]

True.

Finally ... I'm glad to see this coming over here. I wonder if the PSP is going to get this much attention as far as RPG's are concerned. I think the DS has the inside edge since it still supports GBA cartridges.

[quote name='opportunity777']Finally ... I'm glad to see this coming over here. I wonder if the PSP is going to get this much attention as far as RPG's are concerned. I think the DS has the inside edge since it still supports GBA cartridges.[/quote]

I haven't heard anything lately, but I know as of two weeks ago, SquareEnix was still mysteriously missing from the list of PSP developers. You hear that, all of you who said that they wouldn't even develop for the DS way back?

Are RPGs good on handhelds? I've never really been into them but since I spend around 3 hours a day on the train I thought a game that would last a little longer would be good for me...

[quote name='javeryh']Are RPGs good on handhelds? I've never really been into them but since I spend around 3 hours a day on the train I thought a game that would last a little longer would be good for me...[/quote]

RPGs are great on handheld. 3 hour train rides would let you play a whole mess of rpgs a year while doing something you normally have to do.

[quote name='kaji7p56']I heard that Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos will be on DS also. It was on IGN.Woo-Hoo![/quote]
If these and FF3 come to the DS I will have to buy one after the first price drop :D

[quote name='Othergods'][quote name='kaji7p56']I heard that Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos will be on DS also. It was on IGN.Woo-Hoo![/quote]
If these and FF3 come to the DS I will have to buy one after the first price drop :D[/quote]

Same here. Being able to play FF, FF2, and FF3 on the DS would be great (FF1-2 Dawn of Souls)...

I'm picking up a DS as soon as the place I have store credit at has them in stock. Its the last refuge of 2d games/RPG's. Are there first party screen protectors, or is there a superior 3rd party one? I'm extremely concerned about durability.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm picking up a DS as soon as the place I have store credit at has them in stock. [/quote]

Amen. That's FYE for me.

[quote name='dafoomie'] Its the last refuge of 2d games/RPG's. [/quote]

That's precisely why I'm prioriitizing getting the DS before the PSP.

[quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='dafoomie']I'm picking up a DS as soon as the place I have store credit at has them in stock. [/quote]

Amen. That's FYE for me.

[quote name='dafoomie'] Its the last refuge of 2d games/RPG's. [/quote]

That's precisely why I'm prioriitizing getting the DS before the PSP.[/quote]
Sony it seems would rather have awful ps1-launch style 3d than have excellent 2d. For me it was a toss up between a DS and a replacement Xbox, but I'm sure I can nurse my thompson drive for another few months.

[quote name='Shayde']Shit...I thought it was the US FF3 that was being released..not the Japan one...might not get this now.[/quote]

this final fantasy has never seen light of day in the US, only in japan on the wonderswan system, that makes it worth it alone.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm picking up a DS as soon as the place I have store credit at has them in stock. Its the last refuge of 2d games/RPG's. Are there first party screen protectors, or is there a superior 3rd party one? I'm extremely concerned about durability.[/quote]

I got Intec brand of screen protectors, works great so far, scratch free, if you look at the protector ur freaking out because u see thousands of scratch marks, but I then remove the screen protector and no scratches or marks at all, it all was on the plastic protector screen

My question about ff3(JP) is this really even that good a game? I mean aside fromt he fact that it's never been here what makes this one special?

[quote name='Alpha2']My question about ff3(JP) is this really even that good a game? I mean aside fromt he fact that it's never been here what makes this one special?[/quote]

It was supposedly amazing. I know that was the first game that introduced changable classes, which came back in FF5 and then were used in FFT.

I hope they announce an FFT game for the DS that is at least as good or better than the original.

I want to know where the fuck is the sequel to the greatest RPG chrono trigger(screw CROSS, i want the real thing)

[quote name='ChrisXE']I want to know where the shaq-fu is the sequel to the greatest RPG chrono trigger(screw CROSS, i want the real thing)[/quote]

I want Chrono Break too, god damn it! Though not due to Trigger, much moreso due to Cross, the superior title :p

And FF III - I desire it. Mucho.

[quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='Shayde']Shit...I thought it was the US FF3 that was being released..not the Japan one...might not get this now.[/quote]

this final fantasy has never seen light of day in the US, only in japan on the wonderswan system, that makes it worth it alone.[/quote]

What are you talking about? It's original system was the Famicom.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='ChrisXE']I want to know where the shaq-fu is the sequel to the greatest RPG chrono trigger(screw CROSS, i want the real thing)[/quote]

I want Chrono Break too, god damn it! Though not due to Trigger, much moreso due to Cross, the superior title :p

And FF III - I desire it. Mucho.[/quote]

Wow. You're the first person that I have ever heard say that CC is better than CT. (Most people I know even thought that CC was downright terrible). Anyone else think CC is better than CT (and why?)?

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='ChrisXE']I want to know where the shaq-fu is the sequel to the greatest RPG chrono trigger(screw CROSS, i want the real thing)[/quote]

Wow. You're the first person that I have ever heard say that CC is better than CT. (Most people I know even thought that CC was downright terrible). Anyone else think CC is better than CT (and why?)?[/quote]

No, nobody else thinks so. Chrono Cross was an embarassment. Chrono Trigger, on the other hand, was godly.

[quote name='opportunity777']I wonder if other companies will start porting some older titles to the DS or PSP that never made it over like Person 2: Eternal Punishment.[/quote]

It sounds like a concept driven by the Satre line: Hell is other people.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='ChrisXE']I want to know where the shaq-fu is the sequel to the greatest RPG chrono trigger(screw CROSS, i want the real thing)[/quote]

Wow. You're the first person that I have ever heard say that CC is better than CT. (Most people I know even thought that CC was downright terrible). Anyone else think CC is better than CT (and why?)?[/quote]

No, nobody else thinks so. Chrono Cross was an embarassment. Chrono Trigger, on the other hand, was godly.[/quote]

I agree with you, but I just want to see if there is any logical reason to think that CC is better/good at all.

[quote name='punqsux']id rather have this game come out on playstation, just because i have every other final fantasy game (except 11, which i dont count as an ff game) on playstation.[/quote]

And if all the other kids were jumping off cliffs, would you do it too so long as it had a Playstation version?

/nagging mother

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='ChrisXE']I want to know where the shaq-fu is the sequel to the greatest RPG chrono trigger(screw CROSS, i want the real thing)[/quote]

Ask more people more often. While there aren't a ton of us, there are plenty that see the superiority of Chrono Cross. Chrono Trigger only offers an exciting soundtrack - of course, since it was composed by Yasunori Mitsuda - the rest fo the title is rather average, sans graphics of the time.

Characters are horribly generic (Toriyama's fault), story is lacking overall, battle system too similar to others at the time (multi-techs were neat, but hey), and so forth.

Cross offered more diverse and interesting character designs (as all of Toriyama's designs might as well be the same guy - even the women), an even more fantastic soundtrack (again, props to Mr. Mitsuda), a much better twist to the battle system (particularly stamina, but also elements to a degree), and a more involving storyline.

Cross goes with VIII as the "games it's cool to hate". Sad.

That's my two cents.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm picking up a DS as soon as the place I have store credit at has them in stock. Its the last refuge of 2d games/RPG's. Are there first party screen protectors, or is there a superior 3rd party one? I'm extremely concerned about durability.[/quote]

I wouldn't worry about brand much. It's nothing more than a piece of transparent plastic film you replace every so often depending on the amount of use your DS gets. It's just a version of what has been offered to PDA users for years fitted to the DS screen.

The $4 pack most places are selling would probably get most users through most of a year. Not a bad investment.

[quote name='Sartori']Ask more people more often.[/quote]

Every gamer I know. It wouldn't do a lot of good to ask the librarian or my chemistry teacher, would it. That's a pretty immature comment you made, you don't even know who I've asked. Your own reply even implies that one would be hard-pressed to find someone who agrees with you. While one's opinion should be respected (and that was what I was doing by politely inquiring), childish statements like that don't do a lot for your cause. The rest of your rant was fine, that first line just made the whole thing seem like a childish "I'm right and you're wrong." And no one gives you credibility when you act like that.

I think it'd be a matter of preferance as to which one is better assuming both were done to the best of their technology restraints which I beleive they where.

Fans of Toriyama wouldnt care if all of his characters in cluding the women where the same which only a differeance in hair, atleast they where well drawn for his style. The story itself was packed with interesting twists and turns and the battle system offered something different from the FF games. I havent gotten a chance to really dig intl Cross but if it's even remotly as well written it's a perfectly acceptable opinion.

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Sartori']Ask more people more often.[/quote]

Every gamer I know. It wouldn't do a lot of good to ask the librarian or my chemistry teacher, would it. That's a pretty immature comment you made, you don't even know who I've asked. Your own reply even implies that one would be hard-pressed to find someone who agrees with you. While one's opinion should be respected (and that was what I was doing by politely inquiring), childish statements like that don't do a lot for your cause. The rest of your rant was fine, that first line just made the whole thing seem like a childish "I'm right and you're wrong." And no one gives you credibility when you act like that.[/quote]

Calm down, man. You're taking way too much out of one little line.

[quote name='Parathod'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Sartori']Ask more people more often.[/quote]

Every gamer I know. It wouldn't do a lot of good to ask the librarian or my chemistry teacher, would it. That's a pretty immature comment you made, you don't even know who I've asked. Your own reply even implies that one would be hard-pressed to find someone who agrees with you. While one's opinion should be respected (and that was what I was doing by politely inquiring), childish statements like that don't do a lot for your cause. The rest of your rant was fine, that first line just made the whole thing seem like a childish "I'm right and you're wrong." And no one gives you credibility when you act like that.[/quote]

Calm down, man. You're taking way too much out of one little line.[/quote]

Uh.. yeah. You sure did. I really don't know how you got off on a crazy tangent on something that was meant to be harmless. I know plenty of Cross lovers and Cross haters.

bread's done
Back