Final Fantasy IV (DS) $12.99 + Free Shipping. Newegg.com

I've read some reviews that this game gets really hard at times, is this true? I'm not a big fan of RPG's that get painfully difficult.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I've read some reviews that this game gets really hard at times, is this true? I'm not a big fan of RPG's that get painfully difficult.[/QUOTE]

I found it to be pretty frustrating at times. Same goes for FF4 Advance and The After Years, and I'm sure FF4CC for PSP is going to be the same...

[quote name='takotchi']I found it to be pretty frustrating at times. Same goes for FF4 Advance and The After Years, and I'm sure FF4CC for PSP is going to be the same...[/QUOTE]

Glad you said something about FF4 for the PSP (as I did not know about it). I think I'll wait for that to get localized so I can experience FF4 fully :)

Not that this isn't tempting, as I do need a new DS game to play lol

[quote name='Brother Daz']I've read some reviews that this game gets really hard at times, is this true? I'm not a big fan of RPG's that get painfully difficult.[/QUOTE]

I've heard the same thing; and I feel that same way, too.

The PSP version of FFIV is the original game with 2D sprite upgrade. Similar to their releases of FF I & II. Is very different to these 2.5/3D style that are released on the Nintendo DS. I will probably get the PSP version as well someday. I don't see a reason to hold back on the DS version since they drastically different, that is unless you don't own a DS.

Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (PSP)
final-fantasy-iv-complete-collection-20101220100505199_640w.jpg

Final Fantasy IV (DS)
final-fantasy-iv-20080709032110497.jpg

FF3 is 18.82 which is a little less than it was last week, so I think I'll grab that one. I played FF4 to death on SNES and PS1.

[quote name='xRemnant']The PSP version of FFIV is the original game with 2D sprite upgrade. Similar to their releases of FF I & II. Is very different to these 2.5/3D style that are released on the Nintendo DS. I will probably get the PSP version as well someday. I don't see a reason to hold back on the DS version since they drastically different, that is unless you don't own a DS.[/QUOTE]

It also includes a whole other game, The After Years (Final Fantasy IV-2 basically) which was only released previously as... WiiWare. :puke:

It's supposed to have an additional story between the two games and a gallery mode too. That said, it probably won't have the voice acting. It's probably worth it to get both if you are a fan of the game or the series and have the patience to put up with FF4 multiple times.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I don't want like new, especially for DS :)[/QUOTE]

Same thing, especially from Amazon.

All my (S)NES/GB(A) carts still work to this day. Discs, on the other hand...

But to each their own.

I never found the game to be that hard. I played it all semester while in my Stat 437 class a few years ago and I breezed right through the game (and the class). There was only one boss where I got stuck and it after looking up the strategy online, which was a "oh, duh" moment, I went through it easily to the end.

It's dramatically harder than the old SNES Final Fantasy II. Of course, "hard" in this case just translates to "more grinding required." In FF2, you could breeze through as fast as you wanted and not run into much of a problem-- griding was just a matter of how overpowered you wanted to be. In FF4 DS, you will get your ass handed to you by random overworld enemies if you don't put enough time into grinding.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Out of curiosity xRemnant, what is this anrdoezrs.net that your newegg links both point to? Referral points? Something far more sinister? D:[/QUOTE]

If its sending you guys to some random website I apologize. When I click it, it send me straight to the game. I'm using Google Chrome if that helps. No, haha I don't get anything out of this. I saw the $15.79 on amazon around 2 week ago and posted it that time, and I was just browsing around newegg.com saw this and went damn.... oh well I'll let everyone else at CAG know about it since I bough mine already for $15.79.

[quote name='miriamleo']Want to get it, but feel like I should wait for the PSP version instead.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was thinking as well.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Out of curiosity xRemnant, what is this anrdoezrs.net that your newegg links both point to? Referral points? Something far more sinister? D:[/QUOTE]

That's just what Newegg links do on here. Probably CAG referral or something.

bread's done
Back