Final Fantasy Play Arts at Toys R Us, but...

Diosoth

CAGiversary!
... they're $17 each.

17 damn dollars for a 5" tall PVC chunk with no articulation. These should be $7 at the most. But every fanboy within range will probably buy them anyway.

I do have to wonder how long it will be until Square Enix just sends goons to the homes of their fans to punch them in the face. No doubt the company will eventually get sick of punching us in a figurative manner.

Agreed. Plus, I'm pretty sure these are the Japanese figures repackaged for us, not ones made by US companies. It's a specialty item TRU is carrying, hence a high pricetag. You won't get something like this cheap unless you buy bootlegs, and if you buy bootlegs shame on you.

Agreeing with Kirin, that is.

[quote name='Diosoth']... they're $17 each.

17 damn dollars for a 5" tall PVC chunk with no articulation. These should be $7 at the most. But every fanboy within range will probably buy them anyway.

I do have to wonder how long it will be until Square Enix just sends goons to the homes of their fans to punch them in the face. No doubt the company will eventually get sick of punching us in a figurative manner.[/QUOTE]

Who are you to worry about paying for something? Stealing a figure is just like stealing games, which you brag about all the time.

And for the record, your feelings about what they 'should' cost are pretty irrelevant. If TRU can sell them for $17, then that's what they should do. If you aren't willing to pay it, you should wait for a sale or ask your mommy for them for Christmas.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Play Arts figures are taller than 5 inches, and have plenty of articulation. You must be confusing them with something else.[/QUOTE]

This. OP is thinking of the tiny Dissidia figures.

[quote name='BVIH']This. OP is thinking of the tiny Dissidia figures.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the little dissidia statues is what he's referring to, I believe they're called "Trading Arts." They sold for around 5600 yen for a box of 6 (which included the Japanese exclusive Warrior of Light), but the American release are carded instead of blind boxed... still a hefty markup.

My local TRU does have Play Arts as well: 24.99 each, they had the Kingdom Hearts line with Halloween Sora, arena cloud, and sephiroth.

[quote name='djb1986']I wish my Toys R Us carried stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

2nd this... my TRU blows chucks, eats it, and blows even more chunks agian.

bread's done
Back