Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - $19.99, plus more on sale at Circuit City

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
While doing some last minute Christmas shopping at Circuit City tonight I noticed several of the games had little red and white sale markers in front of them. Most of the sale markers indicated the sale was going on until at least 1/3/09. What's weird is the website is not currently reflecting the sale price that was listed on the markers, and this totally goes against their new policy of same price on the website and in store.

Anyway, here are the ones I remember seeing sale markers for:

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS) - $19.99
(OOS online)http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Fina...sem/rpsm/oid/216805/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Final Fantasy IV (DS) - $29.99
(OOS online)http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Fina...sem/rpsm/oid/215633/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Prince of Persia: The Fallen King (DS) - $14.99 *YMMV*

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3/360) - $29.99 *Price raised to $59.99 online*
(PS3)http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Soul...sem/rpsm/oid/203768/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

(360)http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Soul...sem/rpsm/oid/203769/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Golden Axe: Beast Rider (PS3) - $29.99

Devil May Cry 3 GH (PS2) - $4.99 *YMMV*
($9.99 online)http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Devi...sem/rpsm/oid/143916/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Star Ocean: First Departure (PSP) - $29.99
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Star...sem/rpsm/oid/225025/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Okami (Wii) - $19.99 (thanks SaraAB!)
(OOS online)http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Sear...keyword=okami&searchSection=All&go.x=9&go.y=4

There were also a few more I'm not remembering at this moment.

Can anyone else confirm this is going on at their local Circuit City (assuming it's a store that's not closing)? FYI, this was at the Wilmington DE (Concord Pike) store, though I don't think it's YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Visited Tampa Stadium CC - in for 5 games!
DS Dragon Quest Monsters $9.96
DS Elite Beat Agents $8.96
DS Star Fox Command $$9.96
PS2 Sega Genesis Collection $9.96
DS Final Fantasy tactics A2 $19.96 - Had like 4 more available and also had Okami for Wii $19.99. THANKS!

[quote name='cowie']couldn't find any soul calibur IV in the woodbridge, VA circuit city (near potomac mills), but can confirm they had $20 okami wii there. There were quite a few xbox 360 soul calibur 4's in the springfield, VA store (across from springfield mall), and it rang up at 29.99 there. I want to say the SC4 limited edition had a price drop as well, but my magic number on that was 39.99, and i'm sure it wasn't that low. Is this a sale or a price drop? It lasted over a sunday, which leads me to believe the latter? Web price is still MSRP though.[/QUOTE]

The little price markers indicate it is a sale that lasts until 1/3/09 if I'm not mistaken.

It is very weird that the website is not reflecting these prices. CC's website has ALWAYS been good in showing the same prices as what's in store (although the $9.96 clearance prices are also not on the website).

damn, all the CCs in my area either didn't have it or they closed down. Hehe. Oh well.

Found another copy of FFA2 at my local CC. It looked like someone was trying to hide it though - it was stacked behind a bunch of copies of PETZ. LOL.

[quote name='cowie']couldn't find any soul calibur IV in the woodbridge, VA circuit city (near potomac mills), but can confirm they had $20 okami wii there. There were quite a few xbox 360 soul calibur 4's in the springfield, VA store (across from springfield mall), and it rang up at 29.99 there. I want to say the SC4 limited edition had a price drop as well, but my magic number on that was 39.99, and i'm sure it wasn't that low. Is this a sale or a price drop? It lasted over a sunday, which leads me to believe the latter? Web price is still MSRP though.[/QUOTE]

You're a little late to the NoVA party, heh. Joshnorm and I both went there on Sunday and the Woodbridge store had been completely cleaned out by a reseller (ask joshnorm for details). Took all 5 copies of Folklore. @$$hole.

I picked up Prince of Persia (DS) for $14.99...but it rang up as $29.99. I had to take the clerk back to the sign and then he manually overrode the price.

Well the website finally updated the prices on some of these games, namely Soul Calibur 4 and FFTA2. POP: The Fallen King is still $29.99 and I'm beginning to think they made a mistake in making a sale marker for that game.

FFTA2 was 20 for me in VA. Thanks for the heads up...I was waiting quite a while for a good deal on this game.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Soul Caliber IV 360 is also $30 at AMAZON right now.[/QUOTE]

PS3 version is still $60 on Amazon though ;)

[quote name='FOnewearl']Devil May Cry 3 was $10 at my store. Is DMC3 YMMV or did they have to hit the total button for the price to change?[/QUOTE]

DMC3 had one of those sale markers that said the game was $4.99, but I never tried to purchase it. I'm guessing it's the same situation as with POP DS, they initially planned to put it at a lower price (hence the sale marker) but never entered in in the system.

josef, was prince of persia ds still $15 at the CC...i actually work right across the street at the verizon over there...i'm making a stop today after work

This is a sweet deal. I just got Best Buy to price match the $29.99 Soul Calibur IV deal. It was a good use for those Christmas gift cards. :lol:

[quote name='DarthVicious82']This is a sweet deal. I just got Best Buy to price match the $29.99 Soul Calibur IV deal. It was a good use for those Christmas gift cards. :lol:[/quote]

That's too bad, you could have price matched it with Radio Shack's sale on the 360 version for $19.97. ;_;

I went into CC the other day to see their advertised sale of "100s of titles". My CC is very confusing. From what I can tell they have no indicators for the games that are on sale.

What do they use to indicate which games on sale or have been discounted? The best I could tell was some games price tags have been updated using a pen showing the new price.

NO wonder they are having problems. I walked in looking for this huge sale they are advertising and couldn't figure out which games they were. Sure I could have asked but it shouldn't be that hard especially when they advertise it. I walked out shaking my head in disqust.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']josef, was prince of persia ds still $15 at the CC...i actually work right across the street at the verizon over there...i'm making a stop today after work[/QUOTE]

Lat night I noticed they took the sign down that indicated it was $14.99, so it's probably no longer the case.

FFTA2 was $20 at Brodie Lane store in Austin, TX. I got the last copy they had. The store nearby in Southpark Meadows is also sold out. Thanks op.

[quote name='Josef']DMC3 had one of those sale markers that said the game was $4.99, but I never tried to purchase it. I'm guessing it's the same situation as with POP DS, they initially planned to put it at a lower price (hence the sale marker) but never entered in in the system.[/QUOTE]

Thanks sounds like it's been YMMV but I have noticed some CAGs picking up Final Fantasy A2 as if that isn't YMMV. Maybe some of these games are from different sales. Did you buy POP DS? I'm thinking that for either that or DMC3 they had to manually adjust the price (at the store with the cheap price) or maybe even had some sticker over the UPC

Found a copy of SCIV LE but rang up at 59.99. Thought someone mentioend finding it cheaper but I guess not. Had an employee price check it for me, so it shifted from the back of the case to the front, I just hope it stays unpurchased until I can get it XD

[quote name='Samduhman']NO wonder they are having problems. I walked in looking for this huge sale they are advertising and couldn't figure out which games they were. Sure I could have asked but it shouldn't be that hard especially when they advertise it. I walked out shaking my head in disqust.[/quote]

Welcome to circuit city. They are the most unorganized video games retailer I've ever seen. I would venture a guess that at least 1/3 of the games they have in stock show the incorrect price on them. Some CC's have clearance bins, some don't. It really doesn't matter though since most of the clearance games are still on the shelves marked full price, and a lot of the games in the clearance bins are NOT on clearance anyway. And if you ask the employees what stuff is on sale, they have no idea. Hell they usually don't even know what's in their own ad. Just piss-poor management at a company that deserves to go under.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Thanks sounds like it's been YMMV but I have noticed some CAGs picking up Final Fantasy A2 as if that isn't YMMV. Maybe some of these games are from different sales. Did you buy POP DS? I'm thinking that for either that or DMC3 they had to manually adjust the price (at the store with the cheap price) or maybe even had some sticker over the UPC[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe FFTA2 is no longer YMMV now that the website has been updated with the price. Same with Soul Calibur 4. POP DS had the sale sign but it rang up for $29.99, so if the sign was still up you were able to match the price from the sign.

Also, just a heads up that this sale may be ending soon, as the sale price markers indicated an end date of early January.

[quote name='mj1984']Welcome to circuit city. They are the most unorganized video games retailer I've ever seen. I would venture a guess that at least 1/3 of the games they have in stock show the incorrect price on them. Some CC's have clearance bins, some don't. It really doesn't matter though since most of the clearance games are still on the shelves marked full price, and a lot of the games in the clearance bins are NOT on clearance anyway. And if you ask the employees what stuff is on sale, they have no idea. Hell they usually don't even know what's in their own ad. Just piss-poor management at a company that deserves to go under.[/quote]

IMO, the only thing that is organized at my CC are TVs and laptops. I saw, no exageration, a good 4 or 5 tvs being rolled out of the front door at my local CC today. This is not usual either, every now and then I see maybe a tv purchase here and there, but not 4 or 5, especially in a 20-30 minuete time frame.

[quote name='jling84']Anyone see any FFTA2 at any SoCal CCs?[/QUOTE]

You're going to have to be a little more specific with your area, but I can help you out. PM me.

[quote name='mj1984']Welcome to circuit city. They are the most unorganized video games retailer I've ever seen. I would venture a guess that at least 1/3 of the games they have in stock show the incorrect price on them. Some CC's have clearance bins, some don't. It really doesn't matter though since most of the clearance games are still on the shelves marked full price, and a lot of the games in the clearance bins are NOT on clearance anyway. And if you ask the employees what stuff is on sale, they have no idea. Hell they usually don't even know what's in their own ad. Just piss-poor management at a company that deserves to go under.[/QUOTE]

I have the same sentiments. You also forgot to mention that their pricing varies from store to store. At least Best Buy curbed that problem. I hate going to 2 different CCs and finding totally different prices, some of them are very dramatic differences too.

Can you believe that their staff was commission based? their best and brightest knew nothing about anything that they sold in their stores.

I had one guy help me the other day, just scanning games for price checks, and his manager pulled him aside and berated him for wasting time with me when he could have been selling something more worthwhile. That kind of mentality has really hurt CC.

I love the fact that all their prices are wrong. It makes it so that you can get really fantastic deals if you're just willing to get things pricechecked. I picked up 4 games last saturday that I'm sure wouldn't have still been there if the prices had been listed right. Instead, a little extra effort on my part led to huge dividends.

Are prices still active today? Want to know if Soul Calibur 4 is also 29.99 in Dallas, Texas at the CC in Firewheel mall.

[quote name='joe50000']I have the same sentiments. You also forgot to mention that their pricing varies from store to store. At least Best Buy curbed that problem. I hate going to 2 different CCs and finding totally different prices, some of them are very dramatic differences too.[/quote]

Since when is this true? Besides the PoP DS in this thread, pretty much all of CC's prices are generally universal. Sure, they are usually tagged at the wrong price, but they ring up correctly when taken to the register.

I agree with you on all of your other points though. Poor management has killed Circuit City. I've worked at a store for close to 5 years now, and it is scary to see the people who are in management now. They either don't give a crap, or, if they do, they have no idea how to motivate their employees. It's really quite sad.

I just hope they can last me until I graduate in the summer, but I really don't think they are going to.

[quote name='khloudstrife']Are prices still active today? Want to know if Soul Calibur 4 is also 29.99 in Dallas, Texas at the CC in Firewheel mall.[/QUOTE]

Deal may be dead for SC4, the prices were just raised back up to $59.99 this morning on the website.

[quote name='Fuzzy Pickles']That's too bad, you could have price matched it with Radio Shack's sale on the 360 version for $19.97. ;_;[/quote]

I tried that...but they were savvy enough to call my local Radioshack which did not have any copies left. If the Best Buy employees strictly enforce their price matching policy (and these guys did) they don't have to match if the item is not in stock at the competitor. Unfortunately for them, Circuit City had Soul Calibur IV. $29.99 is a good deal and I'm pleased with it.

Picked up FFT:A2 today in Wheaton, MD. They still had a couple of copies left. Not sure about the other games though.

Has anyone tried scanning Soul Calibur 4 in store recently? The price was raised to $59.99 online, but when this sale first started the price was $59.99 online and $29.99 in store. I'm just wondering if this is again the case.

[quote name='Cloggerdude']Since when is this true? Besides the PoP DS in this thread, pretty much all of CC's prices are generally universal. Sure, they are usually tagged at the wrong price, but they ring up correctly when taken to the register.

I agree with you on all of your other points though. Poor management has killed Circuit City. I've worked at a store for close to 5 years now, and it is scary to see the people who are in management now. They either don't give a crap, or, if they do, they have no idea how to motivate their employees. It's really quite sad.

I just hope they can last me until I graduate in the summer, but I really don't think they are going to.[/QUOTE]

Not at the CCs i've been to. They have wildly disparate pricing, sometimes games on clearance at one store is going for $50 at another.

And yeah... i agree about poor management. i really don't understand how some businesses can have such a bad mentality permeate the organization.

[quote name='Josef']Has anyone tried scanning Soul Calibur 4 in store recently? The price was raised to $59.99 online, but when this sale first started the price was $59.99 online and $29.99 in store. I'm just wondering if this is again the case.[/quote]

No, price is now $59.99 in store also. I went on Sunday and it scanned at full price at Firewheel Mall in Dallas.

bread's done
Back