Final Fantasy Tactics-like PC Turn Based Game?

AvidWriter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Ok so the title is a bit odd, let me elaborate. I'm interested in a game that is similar to Final Fantasy Tactics, any version really. PS1, GBA or the newer DS one. Just that type of game-play, build a group, turn based battle on a map moving via squares etc.

I know its a popular game type on the DS but I recently sold it and I'd rather play something on the PC anyway.

I googled but didn't find anything new, I know of X-com but I don't think I can get past the older interface and such.

Thanks.

Hm........... Nothing like FFT actually. Like an RPG, turn based strategy? Similar games would be stuff like Heroes of Might and Magic. Armored Princess, maybe?

Civ4, maybe? But that's a really big stretch as a turn based strategy...

Thanks. It doesn't have to be similar to FFT really just the same type of gameplay. I mentioned X-com as being similar. Even fallout tactics if you moved in a grid instead of free movement.

[quote name='AvidWriter']Ok so the title is a bit odd, let me elaborate. I'm interested in a game that is similar to Final Fantasy Tactics, any version really. PS1, GBA or the newer DS one. Just that type of game-play, build a group, turn based battle on a map moving via squares etc.

I know its a popular game type on the DS but I recently sold it and I'd rather play something on the PC anyway.

I googled but didn't find anything new, I know of X-com but I don't think I can get past the older interface and such.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

There was one that's a bit newer Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate

Bit new than xcom. Awesome game... wouldn't run on any of my AMD systems for some reason, though... sad. I wish they would bring back this genre for pc though, fo sho.

[quote name='WanderingAesir']There was one that's a bit newer Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate

Bit new than xcom. Awesome game... wouldn't run on any of my AMD systems for some reason, though... sad. I wish they would bring back this genre for pc though, fo sho.[/QUOTE]

There thousands of games out all time with this gameplay. Most of the retailers won carry them unless they come from big publishers though.

Disciples series would be the only retail game I would recommend because mods/maps are still coming out for it.

There rest are free and on my free PC games list.

[quote name='Megazell']There thousands of games out all time with this gameplay. Most of the retailers won carry them unless they come from big publishers though.

Disciples series would be the only retail game I would recommend because mods/maps are still coming out for it.

There rest are free and on my free PC games list.[/QUOTE]

Thanks megazell!

u havnt played it yet(way to much backlog) but kings bounty armor princess from that steam deal a while back looks like it close. :)

bread's done
Back