Final Fantasy Tactics PSP - $19.99 at Amazon

[quote name='NeoStrider']its a universal price drop[/quote]

It does not look like it, but Amazon has it I see, they just list the more expensive site as the main choice weird.

[quote name='slidecage']paid 30 for it last xmas via amazon on a deal. sadly i still never opened it DOH[/QUOTE]

You dont even want to know how many times I can say that.

In my experience, the "2-4 weeks" estimate is very cautious. I wouldn't be surprised if it shipped in a week or less.

P.S. Thanks, OP.

Sweet! I've been wanting this forever.
This deal compliments the announcement of Final Fantasy 13 on Xbox 360 quite nicely - Final Fantasy fever, baby. :)

Damn I gotta get this, but I also have to get something else for free shipping, cause I don't want to buy $5.01 worth of fillers.

the biggest drawback to this game is that they didnt make it true widescreen, instead just stretched it to fit PSP screen, imo it makes it look like crap.

This isn't becoming Greatest Hits or anything, is it? I'd buy it off Amazon, but if there's a chance it might be GH, I'd make the trip to Best Buy. Plus I've got a RZ certificate and am desperately in need of PSP games to play anyway.

Edited to add: Actually, nevermind, it looks like none of the Best Buys anywhere near me has it in stock anyway.

[quote name='hppypnts']the biggest drawback to this game is that they didnt make it true widescreen, instead just stretched it to fit PSP screen, imo it makes it look like crap.[/QUOTE]
False. It's true 16:9, and I looked it up on the internet just to make sure. I think the game translates incredibly well onto the PSP. The only gripe I had with the game is that the sound synch is a bit off for spells, skills, etc. Although this is something you probably wouldn't notice if you haven't played the original copy on PSone. For $20 this is a steal. Probably within my top 3 games of all time.

[quote name='PDJ']False. It's true 16:9, and I looked it up on the internet just to make sure. I think the game translates incredibly well onto the PSP. The only gripe I had with the game is that the sound synch is a bit off for spells, skills, etc. Although this is something you probably wouldn't notice if you haven't played the original copy on PSone. For $20 this is a steal. Probably within my top 3 games of all time.[/quote]

Look Dwight, I'm not making it up, I bought the game on release day and popped it in to my PSP with glee and then my jaw dropped at the blurry stretchy graphics, I even fired up my PSX FFT to make sure I wasnt seeing things. Whatever the specs say, I must say that it doesnt look as good as it did on the PS1.

Also the dialogue has been heavily redone with an "old english" tone which is very strange to me.

[quote name='hppypnts']Look Dwight, I'm not making it up, I bought the game on release day and popped it in to my PSP with glee and then my jaw dropped at the blurry stretchy graphics, I even fired up my PSX FFT to make sure I wasnt seeing things. Whatever the specs say, I must say that it doesnt look as good as it did on the PS1.

Also the dialogue has been heavily redone with an "old english" tone which is very strange to me.[/quote]

That's how it should've been translated in the 1st place.

Anyway, this game is worth $100.

[quote name='hppypnts']Also the dialogue has been heavily redone with an "old english" tone which is very strange to me.[/QUOTE]

If by that you mean they ditched the horrible translation from the original and replaced it with a kickass new one, then yes, they did.

I spent $25 for this game a month ago and i think that's the best DEAL ever. I should wait a month later to save $5. lol $20 is steal deal ever for this game. Do not forget FFT (PS1) version still $150 - $300 for new copy. :)

[quote name='PDJ']False. It's true 16:9, and I looked it up on the internet just to make sure. I think the game translates incredibly well onto the PSP. The only gripe I had with the game is that the sound synch is a bit off for spells, skills, etc. Although this is something you probably wouldn't notice if you haven't played the original copy on PSone. For $20 this is a steal. Probably within my top 3 games of all time.[/QUOTE]

there is no way it will be true 16:9 unless they redraw every sprite. Who ever said that is probably wrong.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I spent $25 for this game a month ago and i think that's the best DEAL ever. I should wait a month later to save $5. lol $20 is steal deal ever for this game. Do not forget FFT (PS1) version still $150 - $300 for new copy. :)[/QUOTE]

That was published by SCEA. The Square Enix FF games are not as rare.

[quote name='62t']there is no way it will be true 16:9 unless they redraw every sprite. Who ever said that is probably wrong.

[/quote]

I haven't played the game yet (just ordered this deal today), but various web reviews say that the sprites have not been redrawn so all they probably did was increase the field of view to 16:9.

[quote name='shadylane']what about the two other final fantasys? 1 and 2 for 19.99 good deal?[/QUOTE]

If you like those games it is. I enjoyed playing through Final Fantasy 1 again, and it's been made a lot easier, which kind of makes it more fun to just blast through. The graphics and audio are really nice, although they could have been improved even more. I prefer the redone 2D to the 3D they're doing on the DS games though (FF3 is a lot uglier and loads slowly).

[quote name='hppypnts']Look Dwight, I'm not making it up, I bought the game on release day and popped it in to my PSP with glee and then my jaw dropped at the blurry stretchy graphics, I even fired up my PSX FFT to make sure I wasnt seeing things. Whatever the specs say, I must say that it doesnt look as good as it did on the PS1.

Also the dialogue has been heavily redone with an "old english" tone which is very strange to me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rpnguyen']I haven't played the game yet (just ordered this deal today), but various web reviews say that the sprites have not been redrawn so all they probably did was increase the field of view to 16:9.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why anything would get stretched out, and the sprites should have nothing to do with it being widescreen or not. Just display more of the screen on the sides (or less at the top and bottom) and that's widescreen.

I'm SOOOO tempted by this...except I bought and sold this TWICE for the Playstation 1. I couldn't stand it, bought it again after years of people raving about it, and still couldn't stand it.

This was on my "list of games to buy" a few days ago, but I ixneyed it because it was $40, but now I jumped on this. (combined it with Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay which doesn't come out til the 29th but no hurries)

thanks OP

Looks like Circuit City online has it for the same price. Looks universal I think. Or at least it will be. Gamestop still has it for $40.

[quote name='espy605']Looks like Circuit City online has it for the same price. Looks universal I think. Or at least it will be. Gamestop still has it for $40.[/quote]

I hope its universal, then it will hit 17.99 used at GS, and with the 10% off used coupon and edge card...epic win...tactically speaking.

Heh, I got it for $15.92 because of a mistake by a CSR. I bought this and Children of Mana for filler and CoM lowered from $17.88 to $15.92 instead of adjusting the price of CoM they changed the price of FFT to $15.92. $4.07 saved instead of $1.96 :).

*SIGH* I suppose I should ask, is the difficulty adjustable or any easier than the original? I've given up every time I've started the original, but I'm SOOO tempted...

and I should learn my lessen. I just quite FF12: Revenant Wings for the DS which similarly pissed me off after a few hours.

Got a $25 Amazon gift card in the mail yesterday, worked out great. Ordered a copy of R-Type Command, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Viewtiful Joe: DS and it all came out to $25.15 for all three after the using the card. :D

[quote name='Wolfpup']*SIGH* I suppose I should ask, is the difficulty adjustable or any easier than the original? I've given up every time I've started the original, but I'm SOOO tempted...

and I should learn my lessen. I just quite FF12: Revenant Wings for the DS which similarly pissed me off after a few hours.[/QUOTE]

Nope. FFT really wasn't that hard though besides a few battles... it was my first SRPG and still the only one I ever beat. I do remember getting stuck at one of the fairly early major battles and quitting but a friend of mine told to I had to keep playing so I looked up some online guides for tips, went back, and beat that battle. I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

Gamestop $17.99 used with 20% off coupon ($14.39) with 10% EDGE ($12.95), great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back