Final Fantasy Tactics: who owns it, your thoughts, discussion etc....

alumbrados87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
hey whats up just my hands on final fantasy tactics for my new psp and im loving it. Brings back good memories from 1997, and the new cutscenes feel fresh. just made this thread to see who else has bought the game, or haven't, discussions, and thoughts.

from some reviews i have read that its a bit tougher than the original but i avent run into any struggles, i basiclly fight one or 2 extra battles before going on to a key battle to make sure my roster is leveled up and they know all the abilities they can at the moment. I also make sure i have a white mage with me at all times after i level my chemist to lvl 3

It's not very hard. A little grinding will keep you alive in the story battles. To top it off, a certain somebody joins your group during the game and basically flips easy mode "on".

true indeed lol , i got pretty far in the orginal game but didn't quite get a chance to beat it, im goinf the whole nine yards this time. i think u can also get balthier from final fantasy xii and one of the characters from final fantasy tactics advance, and something about beowulf as playable chracters.

I have it, love it, played the original way too many times. My only gripe is that the multiplayer is local ad-hoc, and not true online multiplayer. I don't know a single person that has a PSP and lives around me, let alone one that has FFT. Was looking forward to getting some of the gear that is only available in multiplayer with some folk I know online.

It actually seems easier this time around, and played the PS1 version again all the way through about a year ago. I love the new cut scenes. I would definitely recommend giving this game a try. It's one of my all time favorites, and it's even more fun on the PSP. :)

yeah thats the only downer some of the new class the only weapons that are really worth while for them are only found through online multiplayer. Overall i still highly recommend this game if you looking for a deep strategy /rpg with a incredible story. cant wait to see whats the next project for the ivalice alliance

yeah haveing it portable on the go is a definite plus, im here at work right now and whenever i have nothing to do i just play for a bit try to level up

yeah haveing it portable on the go is a definite plus, im here at work right now and whenever i have nothing to do i just play for a bit try to level up

Having missed the original all those years ago, I picked this up, along with Jeanne D'arc, when I purchased my slim. I would love to tell you what I think of it only my wife cracked open Jeanne and hasn't let me play anything since.

Loadin for animations is almost unbearable, but the animations and music they added is quite nice. Fairly positive, but that darn loading and lag for animations.... errr

[quote name='russellgreco']Loadin for animations is almost unbearable, but the animations and music they added is quite nice. Fairly positive, but that darn loading and lag for animations.... errr[/QUOTE]

I don't even notice it anymore. I forgot how much I loved this game. I am even considering ordering the figures from the square enix store.

yeah i'm a bit of a collectionist and saw the figures also, and thinking about buying them. I think the new translation is better it almost feels like your reading a movie script as in the ps1 version it felt forced in some parts. The random slowdown on casting spells is a a downer at some points but its not such a big deal to me really. Is there a way to play online other than locally, i high doubt it, but just wondering if bmaybe someone found a way.

I have both the PSP and the PS1 version, and played them back to back to compare just how slow things are...

Spells take 2-3 times longer -- it is VERY noticable. I'm not far enough in the game to have the Dark Knight yet, so I'm not sure if the added class is really worthwhile yet. Also, they upped the amount of JP required for the good skills and (I think) upped the job level reqs for some of the jobs, making the grind longer even if the battle speed was 1:1, rather than the 1:1.5/1:2 that it is.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I have both the PSP and the PS1 version, and played them back to back to compare just how slow things are...

Spells take 2-3 times longer -- it is VERY noticable. I'm not far enough in the game to have the Dark Knight yet, so I'm not sure if the added class is really worthwhile yet. Also, they upped the amount of JP required for the good skills and (I think) upped the job level reqs for some of the jobs, making the grind longer even if the battle speed was 1:1, rather than the 1:1.5/1:2 that it is.[/QUOTE]
actually the USA PSOne version has the requirement down graded. Now it is the same as the original Japanese version.

For those who don't know, be absolutely sure that Ramza is VERY ready for a TOUGH 1-on-1 battle at the end of Chapter 3. It sneaks up on you and you will get annihilated if you're not ready. Don't get stuck in the situation of having 1 save file and saving before this battle, only to find you can't possibly win it. That happened to me and I had to start the game over...which lead me to develop my secondary strategy: Making sure you're always overpowered.

I like finishing the very first battle of the game and then using the random battles at that point to build up my entire party's skills. Granted, most advanced classes don't get equipment until much later, but having a black mage with the calculate skill for most of the game is tremendously convenient, particularly for dropping a flare on tough bosses from across the map on the first turn :)

Definitely one of my favorite games ever...and I just found out someone on Goozex is sending me a copy. Yay!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']End of chapter 2? Which boss fight was that again? It couldn't have been
Weigraf
, because that'd be too soon.[/QUOTE]

nah its chapter 3 i think. The battle will be much easier if you equip ramza with auto potion and leave it on x-potion so the damage is nullified..than either make a knight with the two sword ability or a ninja with heavy armor and the battle will be won.

Actually, I had a ninja Ramza, and attacked him twice
in both of Weigraf's forms
for game. I swear, that boss is either too easy, or too hard.

[quote name='integralsmatic']nah its chapter 3 i think. The battle will be much easier if you equip ramza with auto potion and leave it on x-potion so the damage is nullified..than either make a knight with the two sword ability or a ninja with heavy armor and the battle will be won.[/quote]
Is it really Ch. 3? But yeah, that's the one. Either way, just saying that if you stumble into that battle not knowing it's coming and without any ninja abilities under your belt (which you might not focus on otherwise with Ramza), you're in deep trouble. The increase in difficulty between the battles leading up to it and that one is just too extreme.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Is it really Ch. 3? But yeah, that's the one. Either way, just saying that if you stumble into that battle not knowing it's coming and without any ninja abilities under your belt (which you might not focus on otherwise with Ramza), you're in deep trouble. The increase in difficulty between the battles leading up to it and that one is just too extreme.[/quote]

In my case in the original I found that Ramza was fairly well stat-wise but I didn't have enough X Potions to negate all of the damage and the rest of my party, while powerful, wouldn't show up for a while. Since I had Ramza on...I think it was Ninja at the time w/ Auto Potion and Skills as his secondary, I mostly kept running well out of reach and spending every turn just spamming "Yell" (ie: Speed +1). 15-something turns of that later, I had an easy upper-hand.

One thing I always liked about FFT was that if you were moderately well-prepared you can still win against ridiculous odds. I've won some ~stupid~ battles on the PSP version but sometimes...man, do you ever have to fight for them.

Dear S-E, toss out a sequel to FFT that doesn't involve the word "Advance" in the title. Thank you so much. :)

FFT on psp is great. other than some slow down issues (come on, psp is supposed to be faster than ps1) its a great game and as stated by many others, brings back the same good feeling from 97. As for the translation, I can go with either one really. I read some reviews saying it was better but found it not that much better than the original (although I do like being called a spoony bard). All in all a great addition to the psp library and great to play on the move.

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']The stretched-out graphics look awkward and the new translation sucks. I prefer the original PS1 version.[/quote]
It's not that stretched out. I took some screenshots of both FFT running off my PSP.

FFT PSX running on the PSP on "Normal" screen size: (stretches the screen to fit the psp screen vertically)

FFT PSP with its 16:9 gloriness: (EDIT: used the wrong screenshot plugin D:)

[quote name='TahoeMax']Is it really Ch. 3? But yeah, that's the one. Either way, just saying that if you stumble into that battle not knowing it's coming and without any ninja abilities under your belt (which you might not focus on otherwise with Ramza), you're in deep trouble. The increase in difficulty between the battles leading up to it and that one is just too extreme.[/QUOTE]

Is this still followed by an extremely hard battle where that boss brings in some friends? I equipped Ramza with a gun and stayed out of the bosses way when I played it on the ps1. But I had to go through the next fight like 60 times and had to play the 1 vs 1 all ove ragain

bread's done
Back